Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SimTillTheEnd
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by SimTillTheEnd »

I built the haunted house on the island in October. It came with its nice fencing as well .
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Chelle23 wrote: Hi Randy_Thrandy, I've been trying to get a response from them on FB for the last week or so and finally got one today. We are still getting an update, and they say they are working hard to resolve the issues, but couldn't give me timing. I did ask if we will still get time to do the quests and an awaiting the response from them.

Not sure if you have OneDrive on your WP, but there were issues with the latest update of that, started the same time as they were doing the teasers for the Sims update. I'm wondering if that's been the hold up, ie that it's on Microsofts side! That failed update just disappeared from my phone this morning after having errored a number of times.

Lets just hope we get the update soon!!
Oh, that's great, thank you so much for your effort! Well, it's not optimal news but i think we'll all live, as long as they get the update out. It's still rude of them, though. ... to just withold it like that without offering any kind of explanation (or, god forbid, actually apologise!).

I've been having some OneDrive updating and halting and generally not working properly yesterday, yes. I chalked it up to my malfunctioning SD card (that's also recent but has happened before :/ )
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

randy_thrandy wrote:
Chelle23 wrote: Hi Randy_Thrandy, I've been trying to get a response from them on FB for the last week or so and finally got one today. We are still getting an update, and they say they are working hard to resolve the issues, but couldn't give me timing. I did ask if we will still get time to do the quests and an awaiting the response from them.

Not sure if you have OneDrive on your WP, but there were issues with the latest update of that, started the same time as they were doing the teasers for the Sims update. I'm wondering if that's been the hold up, ie that it's on Microsofts side! That failed update just disappeared from my phone this morning after having errored a number of times.

Lets just hope we get the update soon!!
Oh, that's great, thank you so much for your effort! Well, it's not optimal news but i think we'll all live, as long as they get the update out. It's still rude of them, though. ... to just withold it like that without offering any kind of explanation (or, god forbid, actually apologise!).

I've been having some OneDrive updating and halting and generally not working properly yesterday, yes. I chalked it up to my malfunctioning SD card (that's also recent but has happened before :/ )
I tend to look up error codes when I get them as I hate things hanging around, so went on line to find it, to find loads of people talking about it, with the same error code, and nothing worked to fix it. Microsoft just removing the update is a similar thing to no response about the SFP update! If that is the reason, it's probably why FM has not really been giving responses, you don't want to bad mouth your business partners in public..... Lets hope the fact I finally got a response means that they are getting closer to resolving it and giving us the update! I did get a sorry for it in their reply, but it was more of a cursory sorry, lol
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Regarding retaining the original fence in the island, it's a pity that it's not retroactive. At least it's good to know for future construction.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Debbilu_7 wrote:Apologies if this is old news...I just built the Japanese house on an island lot and was surprised to get the special fencing. I then built a wizards cottage to try it out and I also got the special fencing on the island.
This is awesome!!

So along with the Japanese Retreat and the Wizard's Cottage the other houses that now keep their unique fencing on the island are the Neo Tokyo, Pro Skater's Dream Pad, Gingerbread House, and Latin Villa.

They now join the Haunted House and the Teen Idol Mansion that have always kept their unique fencing on the island.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

That great, but it seems that if you have each of those houses already built before this update...you don't get the unique fencing.

Mine did not...can someone else confirm this?
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Butterfly wrote:That great, but it seems that if you have each of those houses already built before this update...you don't get the unique fencing.

Mine did not...can someone else confirm this?
Sadly, it isn't retroactive.
I have another house that started out on the wizard template and it has island fencing....the new one has the unique lot.
Updated town info in profile
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Argh! Okay...guess I'll demolish and rebuild because I want the unique fences.

I also wish our boat houses had a selection of "exterior design looks" and not all the same look.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I would love to rebuild some of the houses in the island for the original fencing. But I am having problems with my ipad2. The latest update has improved the game lag, but I do notice that I still find it hard to move the screen around. Dont know whether Ipad2 is showing its age or it's still part of the game lag not fully corrected. Does anybody with the older units have this problem?
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

playsims wrote:I would love to rebuild some of the houses in the island for the original fencing. But I am having problems with my ipad2. The latest update has improved the game lag, but I do notice that I still find it hard to move the screen around. Dont know whether Ipad2 is showing its age or it's still part of the game lag not fully corrected. Does anybody with the older units have this problem?
Having similar problems with my old iPad. The problem with moving the screen is usually just with the Simtracker open for me.
Updated town info in profile