Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Wow the new additions to the game sound so exciting.

Ice Sculpture hobby and also Aerobics Hobby!

But first, I'm so glad they finally fixed the lag.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

In the text for the Magical Rainforest on the boat, it says it can be reached through "occasional Community Events"....I'm wondering if this is going to like the Simtown markets, popping up to open the different parts? I'd rather it was like the tropical romance island--a continual clean-up or whatever that opened up everything...I guess we'll see!
Updated town info in profile
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

I'm not sure if this is new, but I don't remember having seen it like this in the previous version, so I'm gonna take it as a change unless otherwise indicated :mrgreen:
Attachments
Doesn't the currencies and the buy button of the Market look different?
Doesn't the currencies and the buy button of the Market look different?
IMG-20161206-WA0000-1.jpg (38.87 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

JKCher wrote:I have a whole bunch of things I can buy but they're things I already have in the game. Puppy and kitten stuff, the home decor stuff, pool stuff and a couple of other things. One of them crashes my game when I go to see the information about it.
I have 8 new offers, 5 are listed as "new items of interest." One of those is for a pack that includes 5 dragons for $19.99. I already unlocked dragons, so I assume this is available for everyone, maybe even if you don't have them?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Debbilu_7 wrote:In the text for the Magical Rainforest on the boat, it says it can be reached through "occasional Community Events"....I'm wondering if this is going to like the Simtown markets, popping up to open the different parts? I'd rather it was like the tropical romance island--a continual clean-up or whatever that opened up everything...I guess we'll see!
I fully expect this to be like the other community events where we can possibly open everything during this go-round. I think the wording is to imply that the events themselves will repeat like the Spa Event returned not that will get the magical rainforest in bits and pieces.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

thirsty4souls wrote:I'm not sure if this is new, but I don't remember having seen it like this in the previous version, so I'm gonna take it as a change unless otherwise indicated :mrgreen:
Yes, it changed! It used to look like this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

JakeSim wrote:The home store lag is finally fixed!!
While I didn't experience the horrendous lag a lot of you guys did last update, I am having some in the home store now. I can tap on an item and move it just fine, but to put it in inventory takes twice as long a wait than it used to be. It's not horrible, but does slow down the designing process.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

I'm worried the ice sculpture hobby will be limited time like the chocolatier hobby and it will just unlock last year's frozen themed items. Is it selfish to want all new items this update? :/
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:I'm worried the ice sculpture hobby will be limited time like the chocolatier hobby and it will just unlock last year's frozen themed items. Is it selfish to want all new items this update? :/
Not at all :lol: They seem to rerun at least one thing each update now, and I wouldn't put it past them to 'rebrand' the ice furniture as new items for the hobby.
Still, we'll at least get the hobby item that we can hopefully use for décor without it looking tacky (chocolate benches, Health Spa rocks, etc. look nice).
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

whoviandragon wrote:
JakeSim wrote:The home store lag is finally fixed!!
While I didn't experience the horrendous lag a lot of you guys did last update, I am having some in the home store now. I can tap on an item and move it just fine, but to put it in inventory takes twice as long a wait than it used to be. It's not horrible, but does slow down the designing process.
Yep I guess is not totally fixed but in my phone is back to normal (with a little lag due to being a low end phone).