Holiday Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Holiday Update - Changes

Post by Debbilu_7 »

The Health Hub icon has now shown up on my town map. It us greyed out and the popup says to wait 5 days and be at level 9.
Updated town info in profile
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Not in mine. Health hub is supposedly to be near the Pet salon, right?
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Yes...I went to take a screenshot and now it's gone... :shock: :?
Updated town info in profile
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It's a glitch. If you enter the game via a notification that something has finished building you will see the Health Hub on the town map. It won't stay, possibly disappearing when you fully exit the game.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Rosie wrote:
glenkatko wrote:
grumpler66 wrote:Happy Xmas from me too!

I got a teaser about flash sales every six hours. What are flash sales? I don't see any changes in my game.
The only thing new that I have seen is there are some new things available in the online store. I have the 2 sets of winter clothes in mine. I suppose if you already own things that they are listing, you won’t see anything in the store, especially not every 6 hours. Sure wish they explained things better.
I didn't finish the recent sim town event for the winter clothing. I just noticed they are on sale today for $42 in the store area. That is a lot of money for a few winter clothes. What did those clothes look like? I have seen a couple of my female neighbor Sims wearing long winter coats, and those are really cute. Where are those from? Does anyone know what's in this Winter Clothing mega pack? Thanks!

Merry Christmas Everyone & Happy Hanukkah too.
The clothes in the Winter Clothing Mega pack are from last year's A Christmas Chill quest.

The description in the online store says, "Enjoy a wide selection of coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages!" This description is something a politician would be proud of. In essence it is true but it is leading you to believe you will get a ton (mega amount!) of clothing but in fact you DO NOT!

It includes the prizes from Day 3 of the quest so everything in this,this, and this picture. So technically it does have coats, tops, hats, and parkas for sims of all ages but the adult females and and preteen males get the coats, the teen females get the parkas and sweater outfits, the adult males and teen males and preteen females get the tops, and toddlers get the hat. Which is not at all how the description sounds and it's not worth $42.
This winter mega pack is on sale again. Do they ever make deals or give discounts? :? I would pay $28, but do you know anyone who would pay this price?? On Facebook, people were making jokes about the price. I really want these long coats.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The spin after watching paperboy's ads shows three different palm trees. One of them is the 1-square palm tree! I got one the other day and another one yesterday :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Just saw this posted on Twitter by SFP. Hope you guys get some good stuff to make up for everything you missed!

"Windows Phone Simmers, thanks for your patience and support! Check your game for some free stuff you may have missed out on!"
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

glenkatko wrote:Just saw this posted on Twitter by SFP. Hope you guys get some good stuff to make up for everything you missed!

"Windows Phone Simmers, thanks for your patience and support! Check your game for some free stuff you may have missed out on!"
Yep! I wanted to post last night, but didn't remember my password to log in at home (I'm at work now). :)

We got all the furniture unlocked from the community event. I'm assuming these are the community prizes that were unlocked. No wallpaper or anything, but bed, chest, table, chairs, rugs, plants, lamps, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Didn't get any free ones, but they can be purchased in the home store. Still can't access the forest, so I'm hoping they'll repeat the event again so that we can unlock things there.

Also got my anniversary gift! It's the Unicorn Painting, which is the one I really wanted (the only other thing I missed was the monument statue).

Very pleased that they did this for us and acknowledged the fact that we were disappointed with not getting the update sooner. I realize that it probably wasn't their fault (perhaps it was MS fault), but it's nice that they gave us a little something by way of apology and appreciation for our support of the game.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

This is what they posted on their FB page:
Attachments
SFP to Windows players
SFP to Windows players
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Thanks for posting that, Erin! So, I guessed correctly that it was the community progress prizes that we got. They mention not re-running that event (which I fully expected they wouldn't be able to do in this update), but I'm hoping that just means for this update and that they could repeat it again in a future update (as they did the Spa event).