Holiday Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Holiday Update - Marketplace Events

Post by nikigunn »

Yeah, I'm displeased I paid for the reindeer, too. That just means I can skip this market event.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I'm still doing the event for another free dapple reindeer. Saves me 75 LP's. It's 63900 points and I'm already over 50000. I'll probably finish tonight.

Still mad at fire monkeys though.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I'm doing because I have only one dapple and one red nosed one due to the cost. A free dapple will replace one of my many plain reindeer around town lol.
I'm 136 points away lol
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

I'm glad there's finally a chance to unlock reindeer again. I started playing like a month after the original event. I'm also happy I didn't buy them, it is indeed annoying they were for sale before this. I just hope I can complete the event. The other prizes are boring, candy canes and other cheap stuff.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I got the winter clothes despite not having any reindeer (bought or unlocked from previous updates). I would have liked reindeer, I very rarely change my sims clothes (most still go swimming in their underwear). Couriers are coming at bad times for me. I got one show up right after the update at about 10pm last night so couldn't finish before bed. Today, I opened the game and started at 10am, but didn't get my first courier until after 1pm, right as we were getting ready to head out. I have all six slots unlocked (thanks to 3 pumpkins on the garden slot machine thingy), workplaces are built up to between 35% and 50% and currently sitting at 26,262, but I've run out of resources and coins in every workplace, so now I'm trying to gather them as I sell them in marketplace. Very time-consuming. You don't get many points for what resources they take, and I'm still trying to upgrade my workplaces, but can't as every other week there is a marketplace event that takes every resource I've earned.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

For me, this has been rather disappointing. All the prizes are stuff I've had available to me in the game for years. You'd think they could at least make some new Christmas themed stuff like a Christmas bed, Christmas wardrobe, Christmas counter tops and so on... I get sick of the same old stuff year after year.
ellasweet wrote:I'm still trying to upgrade my workplaces, but can't as every other week there is a marketplace event that takes every resource I've earned.
If I were you, I'd prioritise and concentrate on one thing at once.
If you're not bothered about the prizes for the marketplace event, then ignore it. Use your resources towards building up your workstations instead. That way, when the next marketplace thing comes along, you'll be in a better position to do it - and that time it might be for something you really want!
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

HordePrime wrote:If I were you, I'd prioritise and concentrate on one thing at once.
Ha, I try to, I really do. I tell myself that I will never wear these clothes that I am struggling so hard to win, but I still have to have them :lol: Then when the marketplace event is over I am so sick of it that I put the game away for a week instead of finally being able to concentrate on building up my resources again.

The couriers are being more cooperative today. I had three show up (one in each workplace) at the same time, so I've set up sims to finish each courier task at the same time, and set an alarm for when they're due to finish - that's an easy 14,000 points.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I had 1 in each workplace, too, feeling really lucky. But my game crashed and I haven't been able to get back in for the last half hour. The 1st time I tried, it said the game was updating. Now it gets as far as being able to hear the sims voices, and then it crashes again. I'm afraid the courier times will be up before I get to finish their tasks. 2 of them were on the final 2 hour task, but if the crash stops their interactions, I'm sure they will time out. :evil:
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Has anyone finished the winter clothes one? I don't find all the clothes from the A Christmas Chill quest from last year, the only ones I got are from day 3 onwards can anyone confirm this too?
Here are the pics from the limited time prizes thread.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

JakeSim wrote:Has anyone finished the winter clothes one? I don't find all the clothes from the A Christmas Chill quest from last year, the only ones I got are from day 3 onwards can anyone confirm this too?
Here are the pics from the limited time prizes thread.
Yep, just finished and checked and that's all there are. Darn, just can't seem to get those holiday sweaters! :lol: