All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Holiday Update - Marketplace Events

Post by penlopej »

mockingbird288z wrote:
penlopej wrote:I know that in my pet store there is a free brown reindeer, then the red-nosed reindeer which is 75 LP and then the dapple which is also 75LP. That was from the xmas 3 years ago.
I have free brown reindeer, too. But my free brown reindeer are from that glitch with Another Sim Town that happened after finishing the Xmas quest that year. I have many free brown reindeer. If I ever run out they will cost 75LP.
I got mine at the same time but I've just bought one free and it still shows as free if I want to buy another one.
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

mockingbird288z wrote:If you already had reindeeers the prize was one free dapple reindeer. If you didn't have the reindeers and you had the reindeer event then the prize was unlocking the reindeer. There wasn't any mention in the text if you would also get a free one. So it depends on what event you had whether or not you were supposed to get one for free.
That explains it, I had not previously unlocked the reindeers. Thank you!
Game Center ID: •|•Jenna•|•
Facebook/JennaSimsFreeplay
HFN: 22 West Side
Haunted House: 3 East Side
Magic House: 11 West Side
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

penlopej wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
penlopej wrote:I know that in my pet store there is a free brown reindeer, then the red-nosed reindeer which is 75 LP and then the dapple which is also 75LP. That was from the xmas 3 years ago.
I have free brown reindeer, too. But my free brown reindeer are from that glitch with Another Sim Town that happened after finishing the Xmas quest that year. I have many free brown reindeer. If I ever run out they will cost 75LP.
I got mine at the same time but I've just bought one free and it still shows as free if I want to buy another one.
Yes, same for me too. But we were only supposed to get one free brown reindeer. We were awarded reindeer as pets, one free brown reindeer, and 3LP for completing the quest. However there was a glitch and every time you visited Another Sim Town you would be awarded another free reindeer and 3LP again. Anytime you went to another sim town you got a free reindeer. The old thread about is in the Guides/Tips section.

I tried once to get to the "end" of the free reindeer I have but never ever did. I visited Another Sim Town a lot...

That's why you can buy a free reindeer and still have another free reindeer. But we were only supposed to have 1 free brown reindeer.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

mockingbird288z wrote:
penlopej wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Yes, same for me too. But we were only supposed to get one free brown reindeer. We were awarded reindeer as pets, one free brown reindeer, and 3LP for completing the quest. However there was a glitch and every time you visited Another Sim Town you would be awarded another free reindeer and 3LP again. Anytime you went to another sim town you got a free reindeer. The old thread about is in the Guides/Tips section.

I tried once to get to the "end" of the free reindeer I have but never ever did. I visited Another Sim Town a lot...

That's why you can buy a free reindeer and still have another free reindeer. But we were only supposed to have 1 free brown reindeer.
Oh right. I well remember that glitch. I spent the whole time from New Years Eve until the next update, which was the Seniors I think, visiting another neighbour. Oh those free LP's were lovely. I built my town on them. I built a lot of beach side villas which I dismantled and built again and again. To the point that I had so much stuff in my inventory that I would only save a few key items and then just delete and rebuild. Really upped my TV and progress through the game. Happy days.
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

CarrieMae wrote:Still no update for WP users. I hope this doesn't mean that we get a shorter amount of time for this marketplace event (if we even get the update by the time it's over). I hope they change the start date for us so we have the same amount of time to complete it.
Hi CarrieMae, looks like we're being really shafted with this upgrade :-( I've commented on their FB to try to get answers and they never do. I didn't even have a Halloween challenge either as I finished it last years!

And to make matters worse I see people are getting the reindeer, they were happy to comment when I asked if that might come about again :-( Now it has and I still can't get them :-(
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Chelle23 wrote:
CarrieMae wrote:Still no update for WP users. I hope this doesn't mean that we get a shorter amount of time for this marketplace event (if we even get the update by the time it's over). I hope they change the start date for us so we have the same amount of time to complete it.
Hi CarrieMae, looks like we're being really shafted with this upgrade :-( I've commented on their FB to try to get answers and they never do. I didn't even have a Halloween challenge either as I finished it last years!

And to make matters worse I see people are getting the reindeer, they were happy to comment when I asked if that might come about again :-( Now it has and I still can't get them :-(
Yeah...I'm beginning to wonder if we're even going to get the update. If we do, I'm guessing they're waiting until after the community event is done. I hope the MP event comes around again in January so we at least have a chance at either the reindeer or the winter woolies. No holiday magic in my Sims town this year (my first Christmas with SFP and I can't even decorate for the season).
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

CarrieMae wrote:
Chelle23 wrote:

Yeah...I'm beginning to wonder if we're even going to get the update. If we do, I'm guessing they're waiting until after the community event is done. I hope the MP event comes around again in January so we at least have a chance at either the reindeer or the winter woolies. No holiday magic in my Sims town this year (my first Christmas with SFP and I can't even decorate for the season).
I finally had a reply from them on FB today they are working at resolving the issues and we will have the update as soon as possible, and apologised, but not for the earlier non-replies. I asked about the events and if we would get them, especially the reindeer as I wanted them so much, and am waiting for a reply on that at the moment.

So sorry you've ended up with such a rubbish first Christmas doing SFP, this is my second, and I've had a rough year, so was looking forward to it as well :-(

By the way, not sure if you also had the problem with the OneDrive update on the WP, it failed for everyone who had it, and eventually been removed from the list. Starting to wonder if it was Microsoft's fault because they wanted to fix that first as it's been going on for about two weeks, and not worry about working with Sims until they did!
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

There's going to be a hospital special marketplace event soon.
IMG_4770.JPG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I thought we are going to have the Barber event soon also. Is FM going to do a double event - a back to back sort of thing?
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Are they really offering a haunted item as a prize for a Hospital event? That's completely inappropriate and disrespectful. Bloody hell!