Holiday Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: Holiday Update - Marketplace Events

Post by ErinPW »

SimMutt wrote:Are they really offering a haunted item as a prize for a Hospital event? That's completely inappropriate and disrespectful. Bloody hell!
To me it looks like the one at the hospital.
Attachments
At hospital
At hospital
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

ErinPW wrote:
SimMutt wrote:Are they really offering a haunted item as a prize for a Hospital event? That's completely inappropriate and disrespectful. Bloody hell!
To me it looks like the one at the hospital.
I hope you're right! It's the name Mr Spooky that's making me jumpy
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

SimMutt wrote:I hope you're right! It's the name Mr Spooky that's making me jumpy
The advertised event shows the same exact item from the hospital, which confirms that Erin is right. ;)
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Butterfly wrote:
SimMutt wrote:I hope you're right! It's the name Mr Spooky that's making me jumpy
The advertised event shows the same exact item from the hospital, which confirms that Erin is right. ;)
Pher-yoo! I apologise for fussing :oops:
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote:I thought we are going to have the Barber event soon also. Is FM going to do a double event - a back to back sort of thing?
Both will probably be running at the same time. They might not start on the same day but there will be some overlap.

Ever since they added the marketplace feature the marketplace events have be running consecutively with other events.

I think of the marketplace events as "minor events" and not in the same category as events like the Charming Barber.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

mockingbird288z wrote:Both will probably be running at the same time. They might not start on the same day but there will be some overlap.

Ever since they added the marketplace feature the marketplace events have be running consecutively with other events.

I think of the marketplace events as "minor events" and not in the same category as events like the Charming Barber.
That's a great way to put it...minor events for marketplace. It's like a sneaky way for FM to increase profit margin from SFP players. :roll:
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I just don't understand why they picked out the skeleton as a reward when there were so many nicer items available (the flowers in the ward, the gift shop items in the pharmacy or the furniture from the psychiatrist's office, the treadmill etc). If I hadn't built the hospital to 100% already, I doubt I would waste precious resources to win this skeleton.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

copperwood wrote:I just don't understand why they picked out the skeleton as a reward when there were so many nicer items available (the flowers in the ward, the gift shop items in the pharmacy or the furniture from the psychiatrist's office, the treadmill etc). If I hadn't built the hospital to 100% already, I doubt I would waste precious resources to win this skeleton.
Agreed! Although if these events are going to happen all the time now, these nicer items might eventually come up. I don't have everything built so I'll probably not do this one.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

copperwood wrote:I just don't understand why they picked out the skeleton as a reward when there were so many nicer items available (the flowers in the ward, the gift shop items in the pharmacy or the furniture from the psychiatrist's office, the treadmill etc). If I hadn't built the hospital to 100% already, I doubt I would waste precious resources to win this skeleton.
Lol, lol. lol! I do agree that the skeleton seems so "random" given better items to choose from...
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

I quite like the skelly as a reward. Haven't upgraded in hospital far enough to see her/him yet (cos Lazy) but an anatomical skeleton is a good reward. I just got spooked when I thought it was the haunted one they were offering. The hospital reward was always going to be difficult to decide. They could hardly give us an mri scanner for home use!!

I'd have been even happier (as in delerious) if they'd offered us a home medical kit so doctor and nurse sims could look after friends and family. Or maybe an ambulance!