[Community Event] The Prince and the Pocket-Sized Princess

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [Community Event] The Prince and the Pocket-Sized Princess

Post by indiekicks »

I just don't see how I could possibly get enough construction coins in time even with the spin wheel. This event is so rigged. :roll:
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

indiekicks wrote:I just don't see how I could possibly get enough construction coins in time even with the spin wheel. This event is so rigged. :roll:
I agree with you. This is completely impossible. You can't get near finishing in time even.

They are trying so hard forcing us to spend large amounts of money on this game. I wonder what will happen if that strategy fails. Honestly I don't see a very good future ahead of us regarding this game if there is any at all. :cry:

I would be willing to spend some money actually. But what they give in return for good hard earned money is just ridiculous. Peanuts nothing but lousy peanuts. It's just not worth it :evil:
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

grumpler66 wrote:
indiekicks wrote:I just don't see how I could possibly get enough construction coins in time even with the spin wheel. This event is so rigged. :roll:
I agree with you. This is completely impossible. You can't get near finishing in time even.
Think positively - internet trouble led to me starting 2 days late. It's going to be a tough one... I really hope they'll repeat it one day. At least you have a chance :)
Luci@
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Luci@ »

The Windows phone game doesn't have this event! :( Or a December update! :(
GC : Draqoasa
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

Is it just me thinking too pessimistic or are they pulling the plug on us?

No Xmas update, no 5th birthday present, all this statistics stuff on twitter and a spring update in December. Like they had this update almost complete and wanted to release it before stopping developing the game. :?
bellating
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by bellating »

Well I have given up on windows phone and switched to android. I still play the sims on my windows phone though.... Put so much damn time into it that I won't restart at this point. I think I'm pretty much done with the sims now that we have been screwed on the biggest update of the year
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

grumpler66 wrote:... are they pulling the plug on us?
no notice about the missing windows phone update. And even this event looks unfinished. It lacks a lot of polishing and fine tuning in my opinion.
Luci@
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Luci@ »

grumpler66 wrote:Is it just me thinking too pessimistic or are they pulling the plug on us?

No Xmas update, no 5th birthday present, all this statistics stuff on twitter and a spring update in December. Like they had this update almost complete and wanted to release it before stopping developing the game. :?

I have have the same feeling! It sucks cuz' I love the game but I don't have the time, resources, and dedication to start over on the Android! I hate discrimination! Why do it for Windows phone from the beginning! :cry:
GC : Draqoasa
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

grumpler66 wrote:Is it just me thinking too pessimistic or are they pulling the plug on us?

No Xmas update,
I think you mean no Xmas theme for their update. I'm a bit disappointed, too, but nowhere does it say they have to do a Xmas themed quest. But it's not like they just totally skipped an update at all.
grumpler66 wrote:no 5th birthday present,
How do you know this? The anniversary is on the 15th so we wouldn't get a present until then. But also, nowhere does it say they have to do an anniversary present... The first two years their "present" was making an item in the home store for free and not an expensive item just something like the disco ball.

This is from FM's support site:
IMG_4106.JPG
grumpler66 wrote:all this statistics stuff on twitter
Why would that mean they game is ending? Posting statistics for the game so far or the year is not new and hasn't meant the game is ending before. Here are the stats they posted in 2014:
2014 Anniversary stats
2014 Anniversary stats
grumpler66 wrote:and a spring update in December.
It's the summer for half of the world right now so this update might not seem so odd to anyone in the Southern Hemisphere right now. And nothing says they have to introduce things that match with the seasons. The Pool Party update that added pools into the game happened in January. Odd timing for northern hemisphere people but not weird for Southern Hemisphere people.
grumpler66 wrote:Like they had this update almost complete and wanted to release it before stopping developing the game. :?
Make no mistake, the game will end some day. And because of it's need for EA/FM's server eventually we won't be able to play it. But I don't think any of these things are reasons why the game is ending anytime soon.

A couple of months ago I checked the list of top grossing App Store apps. FreePlay was on it but towards the end (I can't remember exactly but it was in or past the 70s) and grossing less than SimCity BuildIt. Now it is number 38 and well above SimCity BuildIt. I'm pretty sure all those online packs they've started selling has a lot to do with FreePlays higher placement. The higher the game that list the better chances the game will stay alive. The strategy isn't failing. It will eventually even out I think, the game won't always continue to rise but the strategy is working.

I think this update looks polished. Sure some of the places in the rainforest remind me of the tropical island (guitar spot, tiny tea is like the romantic dinner...) and the canoe like the canoe at the campground but there are places that are new, too. What do you think needs fine tuning? I'm genuinely curious. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

I would bet the event will come back at some point. I'm not even at the Giant Journeys progress yet but we still have 13 day to go. I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. The global progress is slow but it'll move, it always does.

And they don't have to give us a Christmas update. Tons of stuff are on sale now and the Marketplace just gave some items, too. Besides, not everyone celebrates Christmas so maybe they wanted to do something else.

Just my 2 cents :)