[EVENT] The Charming Barber

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
User avatar
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 228
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 04:15

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by Hayley95 » 30 Dec 2016, 11:19

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote:So I just unlocked the spiky haircut. When I first saw the color, I thought it was a glitch first.

image.jpeg

But then I tried it on my sim. And it looks fantastic. 8-)

image.jpeg

Also, the same thing applies to other colors too! I like the gradient a lot in this one particular hairstyle. I wish they could've done it to other styles though.


image.jpegimage.jpeg

He looks so handsome, sadly he is married already. :lol:
Lol :lol: This is one of my favourite hairstyles. Though wish they had given a least one darker shade like brown. :)
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55

User avatar
garishplum
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 190
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 07:39
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by garishplum » 30 Dec 2016, 12:26

I thought that hairstyle was a glitch too! I love it!
Level 55!
GC: garishplum

User avatar
randy_thrandy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 179
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 16:50

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by randy_thrandy » 30 Dec 2016, 15:54

those f****** chi chi heels, am i right?
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~

Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 74
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 19:02

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by Oscar » 30 Dec 2016, 16:08

randy_thrandy wrote:those f****** chi chi heels, am i right?
Language! :P

Funnily enough, it keeps changing for me. Last time, I only got those heels - like at least 10 times - while trying to find gumboots of all things. Now I'm waiting for Chichi heels once more. Only one more grid, only one more...

User avatar
randy_thrandy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 179
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 16:50

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by randy_thrandy » 30 Dec 2016, 16:43

Oscar wrote:
randy_thrandy wrote:those f****** chi chi heels, am i right?
Language! :P

Funnily enough, it keeps changing for me. Last time, I only got those heels - like at least 10 times - while trying to find gumboots of all things. Now I'm waiting for Chichi heels once more. Only one more grid, only one more...
i promise you, this is my language at its tamest. not that i'm proud of it or anything, just pointing out my self-restraint. :lol:
For me it's always been chichi heels that took 3 forevers to pop up. Even back then with thsoe other hair events and before that. somehow they require at least 30 tries full of repeats to be finally found. :/
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~

Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 74
Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 19:02

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by Oscar » 30 Dec 2016, 16:51

randy_thrandy wrote:
Oscar wrote:
randy_thrandy wrote:those f****** chi chi heels, am i right?
Language! :P

Funnily enough, it keeps changing for me. Last time, I only got those heels - like at least 10 times - while trying to find gumboots of all things. Now I'm waiting for Chichi heels once more. Only one more grid, only one more...
i promise you, this is my language at its tamest. not that i'm proud of it or anything, just pointing out my self-restraint. :lol:
For me it's always been chichi heels that took 3 forevers to pop up. Even back then with thsoe other hair events and before that. somehow they require at least 30 tries full of repeats to be finally found. :/
I might be cursing at my mobile every now and then as well ;) but shh, don't tell!
and I tend to agree. I'd swap some Chichi heels for one of those red shirts any time though... Those repeats are quite annoying. But better than grinding flowers 24/7, at least for me! It's definitely doable.

User avatar
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 688
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 16:32

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by HordePrime » 31 Dec 2016, 00:03

If you think about it, this is insane.

Having to do the exact same action dozens of times just to overcome the inherent random factor* and unlock one of the many virtual graphics you need to complete one of many grids (which you all have to finish in a specific time period). I'm doing it, like all of you, because the guys desperately need some new hairstyles, but no sane person could possibly consider this purely mechanical chore fun in and of itself. There's no skill involved, no story, no creativity, just tapping the screen until you finish, and with the pressure of having to do so before a certain time!

(*Actually, it's almost certainly not random, it's deliberately stacked against you).

Sometimes you have to take a step back and laugh and how ridiculous your life has become.
Maybe it's best not to think about it... ?

playsims
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 928
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 08:02

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by playsims » 31 Dec 2016, 00:21

I rather do the barber event rather than the hospital event. At least you can put in as many sims on the hobby & use the 10 minute task and also put in some time for the other sims.
The hospital event takes longer time to finish. One is limited as to a maximum of 6 boxes only ( assuming you spend the necessary SPs to get the max boxes) to open at every 20 or was it 30 minutes.

User avatar
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 179
Joined: 01 Feb 2016, 19:47
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by thirsty4souls » 31 Dec 2016, 00:40

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote:So I just unlocked the spiky haircut. When I first saw the color, I thought it was a glitch first.

image.jpeg

But then I tried it on my sim. And it looks fantastic. 8-)

image.jpeg

Also, the same thing applies to other colors too! I like the gradient a lot in this one particular hairstyle. I wish they could've done it to other styles though.


image.jpegimage.jpeg

He looks so handsome, sadly he is married already. :lol:
Oddly enough, I find that particular hairstlye as the biggest disappointment with this event so far.
I was expecting different hairstyles with their usual shades, like every other hairstyle we alreday own. But this one, with all those blonde gradients... uhg. I like the style, just not the colors they gave it. I'd rather have them plain regular colors and another different set of hair with these gradients. I guess I wont be using it for any of my sims :roll:

I agree with the people who said we could have gotten teen hairstyles as well, I'd love some of these for my only spoiled male teen lol
As for the Chi Chi Heels... I just go for the 10 min option until I get all the prizes I can, if that one is still missing after 2 repeats, then I save to the cloud, pay some SPs and reset if necessary until I get them. I think is more useful than wasting time hoping they show up eventually :lol:
~ Retired ~ :(

User avatar
Butterfly
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 440
Joined: 28 Oct 2015, 09:19

Re: [EVENT] The Charming Barber

Post by Butterfly » 31 Dec 2016, 01:22

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Post Reply