[EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

Post by SKatF »

Really wish teens could do it also. Some of the actions, like the wave hands/stomping feet on completion seem more teen than adult.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Done and dusted! :D
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

Between the groovy guru and this one going back to back, I've ended up with five sims aging up to elder and no LP left to stop them. Two were sims that were pretty high up in careers at the hospital and movie theatre which I still haven't completed, so when this event is over, I have to start a new sim climbing the career ladders. I've put all careers on hold while these events take place as I need as many sims as possible doing the hobbies. I added some new sims (six in total) so they can cook as I was running out of LP and I've just looked at my town and realised I don't recognise anyone anymore. This is not how I wanted to play my game? I used to care about the characters and age them when I wanted to, and let siblings around the same age, age up at the same time. I've even been concentrating so hard on events that no new babies have been born, and I've aged up teens before i was ready so I would have more adults to hobby with. My ideal number of sims in my town is 24, and I plan ages accordingly so that it's realistic, ie NOT 8 elder, 18 adults, 1 teen, 2 preteen and a toddler which is what I have now. It's really bummed me out.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I finished this today. I'm so glad I had already unlocked the furniture and only had the ice sculptures to unlock. Doing the whole thing would have been a grind.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

bluebeariscool wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 11:29 I finished this today. I'm so glad I had already unlocked the furniture and only had the ice sculptures to unlock. Doing the whole thing would have been a grind.
*sigh* Does everyone on this forum already have this furniture?? I don't :(
I didn't play during the original even and I really like the ice furniture. I spent lots of LP to level up on day one to unlock the grid and still needed 2 days to complete the first set (with 13 sims completing this hobby 3 times a day.)
I think it's a difficult event. Luckily I didn't start the aerobics event yet, gives me a little bit more LP's to use on this one.
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

atreya wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 12:24
bluebeariscool wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 11:29 I finished this today. I'm so glad I had already unlocked the furniture and only had the ice sculptures to unlock. Doing the whole thing would have been a grind.
*sigh* Does everyone on this forum already have this furniture?? I don't :(
I didn't play during the original even and I really like the ice furniture. I spent lots of LP to level up on day one to unlock the grid and still needed 2 days to complete the first set (with 13 sims completing this hobby 3 times a day.)
I think it's a difficult event. Luckily I didn't start the aerobics event yet, gives me a little bit more LP's to use on this one.
You're not alone :lol:
I started playing just after this event finished the first time, so I don't have any of the stuff yet either.
I'm still waiting for one of my sims to finally get to level 6. I just need the third item of the last row to get the first prize, and I'm hoping it's the wallpapers and flooring, since I'm not particularly thrilled with the rest of the furniture.
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

thirsty4souls wrote: 24 Jan 2017, 18:38I just need the third item of the last row to get the first prize, and I'm hoping it's the wallpapers and flooring, since I'm not particularly thrilled with the rest of the furniture.
Yup that's the first one, it looks like they unlock in order from left to right, not randomly.
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

In my game it's also unlocked from left to right.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

As others have mentioned this hobby is very different from the aerobics, I have been playing from start with six days left and so far after one day, almost two, I have unlocked more than one set checking the game every 6 hours. Of course I used LPs to level up my sim but after that, it's very easy. :D
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I sued LP to speed one sim up to level 6 and now have 3 sims doing the hobby. I managed to unlock 5 sets so far with using lp from time to time to speed thins up or to do the lucky spin. In oppposite to the aerobics where I got repeats over and over again so far I was rather lucky - not many repeats and the rare items come rather easily (often even before th other items).
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London