[LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think they did out a lot of effort into this event. Sure it was hard to do, nearly impossible even. But I think they did put a lot of effort into it.

The craft stations were incredibly detailed, there are tons of new items, and the chateau is amazing.

And for the items - it's not just new beds, new side tables, etc. There are items we've never had before like the chaise and the 1x3 chest. And the paintings, the mirror, the chandelier, the pot holder - I love them all and most importantly I love what they could mean for future items.

I've been wanting just a flat screen tv for years and the new flowers are more realistic and beautiful than the ones we already have.

All of that stuff makes up for using the same sink as the country homestead sinks and the same lamp as in the actor's trailer. If using the same item "base" means we get more items then I'm happy. It's what they did with the rugs, anyway.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SaltyFrog75
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SaltyFrog75 »

All the items are new to me since I'm a new player, I'm just a bit upset that even if you put in extreme effort it is pretty much impossible to win the quest. I played round the clock, constantly crafting--I even paid twice to restock glassware with SP. I did get held up one day because I didn't have enough money to buy the 2nd glass crafting station. Even if I hadn't lost that day, it is debatable that I would have had the 14,500 glassware at the end to unlock Gourmet Tasting, the last thing I needed to finish the quest. I definitely wouldn't have had the 215 CC. Are all the quests this impossible? :cry:
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 02:27 I think they did out a lot of effort into this event.
I don't agree. What effort? A few new designs for existing things? Mirrors, paintings, beds, countertops, ... nothing new there. The potholder and the herbs are new and they didn't get it right the first time, again. Why do I have to remove everything below to place that stuff? The crepes bicycle and the cheese tasting are nice and well done. The portait sofa is crappy. Why using the pixel circle and the bathing suit? It wasn't like that in the preview if I remember right. So they messed up again. Besides, why don't we get the cool stuff? The stairs for example? The chance to choose or even change the fences for our houses? Tear a house down and rebuild it, to get a new fence for it? Great, I've done it multiple times in between. No, the real cool things, like the spa setup are messed up with forced, not removable stuff.

If the crafting stations took them so much effort in creating, why didn't they introduce them as new hobbies instead of taking them away after the event? I actually liked the animations - and gone. Instead we keep aerobics! I won't use this ridiculous hobby again ever, ok except FM decides to force us again. Which is expectable, of course.

Sorry for ranting, but I can't develop so much enthusiasm about FMs work simply. They spend as less effort as they can. Only enough to force us into paying good money and getting as little reward from it as possible. The game is great and I love it nevertheless. But it's nowhere near perfect.

By the way - have you checked the architect homes lately? Why is so much stuff missing? Did they find out about the rare items and are taking them away? Isn't that noble? I guess too many players answered in the last survay in a too honest way.

The reduced hobby rewards, increasing prices...
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 02:27 I think they did out a lot of effort into this event. Sure it was hard to do, nearly impossible even. But I think they did put a lot of effort into it.

The craft stations were incredibly detailed, there are tons of new items, and the chateau is amazing.

And for the items - it's not just new beds, new side tables, etc. There are items we've never had before like the chaise and the 1x3 chest. And the paintings, the mirror, the chandelier, the pot holder - I love them all and most importantly I love what they could mean for future items.

I've been wanting just a flat screen tv for years and the new flowers are more realistic and beautiful than the ones we already have.

All of that stuff makes up for using the same sink as the country homestead sinks and the same lamp as in the actor's trailer. If using the same item "base" means we get more items then I'm happy. It's what they did with the rugs, anyway.

I 100% agree with you. This update has been amazing with the content wise, yes I feel like they can add more stuff but this isn't like it's the last update. We are at the beginigng of the year and I really anticipate good things coming up. I loved the furniture and the new tv we are getting. These little stuff make it very fun. If I can try and say one bad thing about this update and the one before, it seems like EA is trying to make money on new content on new clothes and some items and such. It's a shame. But it's a business company after all.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

grumpler66 wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 07:36 The portait sofa is crappy. Why using the pixel circle and the bathing suit? It wasn't like that in the preview if I remember right.
Have you tried both of the available options? The shorter option is just for practice and the model will not get undressed. Is that what you saw in the preview? With the longer option the model will get undressed and pose for a nude drawing. The pixelation is consistent with all their actions that imply nudeness, like showering, bathing and using the toilet. I don't consider this "crappy" in any way.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

grumpler66 wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 07:36
mockingbird288z wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 02:27 I think they did out a lot of effort into this event.
I don't agree. What effort? A few new designs for existing things? Mirrors, paintings, beds, countertops, ... nothing new there. The potholder and the herbs are new and they didn't get it right the first time, again. Why do I have to remove everything below to place that stuff? The crepes bicycle and the cheese tasting are nice and well done. The portait sofa is crappy. Why using the pixel circle and the bathing suit? It wasn't like that in the preview if I remember right. So they messed up again. Besides, why don't we get the cool stuff? The stairs for example? The chance to choose or even change the fences for our houses? Tear a house down and rebuild it, to get a new fence for it? Great, I've done it multiple times in between. No, the real cool things, like the spa setup are messed up with forced, not removable stuff.

If the crafting stations took them so much effort in creating, why didn't they introduce them as new hobbies instead of taking them away after the event? I actually liked the animations - and gone. Instead we keep aerobics! I won't use this ridiculous hobby again ever, ok except FM decides to force us again. Which is expectable, of course.

Sorry for ranting, but I can't develop so much enthusiasm about FMs work simply. They spend as less effort as they can. Only enough to force us into paying good money and getting as little reward from it as possible. The game is great and I love it nevertheless. But it's nowhere near perfect.

By the way - have you checked the architect homes lately? Why is so much stuff missing? Did they find out about the rare items and are taking them away? Isn't that noble? I guess too many players answered in the last survay in a too honest way.

The reduced hobby rewards, increasing prices...
We are, of course, entitled to our different opinions.

I, for one, will not apologize or be made to feel the need to apologize for loving the new furniture. However simple it makes me. I have already discussed what I see as effort so I won't be getting into that again.

Many of the things you are talking about have nothing to do with the French Romance Live Event. But are problems many have with the game in general, myself included. And these problems are discussed in their respective topics. Please don't confuse love of the prizes for one event for support or agreement in how all things are done.

You're right, this game isn't perfect. This event was not perfect - having different requirements for the resources for different players at random was incredibly wrong. But I was excited to unlock items I would actually use as opposed to unlocking items just to unlock them.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Well, I like this event and prizes very much. I think it was one of the best events ever. I don't like what happened with craft stations and I don't like different requirements for different users but in general it was great. As for difficulty I think EA/FM have some statistics about how many players complete events and design new events based on it. If they did that event that hard it means that significant part of players can do it that way. After all they are interested in people keep playing and not leaving the game because it is too hard or too boring. And I disagree that playing SFP is impossible without money. I never bought anything in SFP and I think nobody can force you to spend money on game if you don't want to do it.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

I, too, liked all the prizes and the French Chateau template is quite nice. I was excited to unlock all of the prizes and work toward unlocking the template. Though it did become tedious toward the end.

Since I had the highest requirements, I don't know if I would have been able to complete it without spending the SP to restock the stations. I could have spent less SP than I did, as I didn't know until I got closer to the end that I would get enough candles, pottery, and jewelry without the need to immediately restock. Getting the CCs was also not easy, but I continued to grind candles for the spins, and had a little luck with the grasshoppers.

Fortunately, I had plenty of SP to use for this event, but if you didn't have any SP and had the highest requirements, you pretty much would have to end up spending real money for the SP - or have enough LP (or grind for enough LP) for the SP spins.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Yes I really liked everything as well. I couldn't wait to get my chateau and I'm over not getting to keep Laura craft.

As for the amount of time it takes, I've come to expect it lol. I managed to get away without spending too much sp. and 2 times it was a mistake of restocking jewelry when I could've gotten away with just restocking them myself and then having my sims work for the last but I needed, I had meant to restock glass.
But in other events I have spent plenty of sp so it makes up for it. I do agree though that they should give us a little more time so we're not glued to the game and otherwise unable to obtain the prizes without spending a lot to buy sp. And the differences in requirements was not right.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I've been speculating ... Wondering if the random differences in requirements might be some kind of test or experiment by the Fire Monkeys. Like how many users completed in each group. A way to evaluate what requirements to set for future events, for example.