[LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by Butterfly »

Madlyaddicted wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 18:16 Ive just got the love lock fountain and I can't find exactly where it is. Help please!
The Love Lock Fountain is located under the "outdoor decorations" of the home store.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

JakeSim wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 02:37 I don't know if I'm extremely lucky with the spin but I got five times the 125cc prize. Or maybe it is easier in this event because in the Christmas one I didn't win not even once. I'm glad I'm done.
What I always do is to craft all the resources and then at the end claim the prizes and do the spins, after some thousand candles spent I started to hit the three green bugs.
Yes, EXTREMELY lucky! Wow, 5 times? If I had gotten that, then I'd be done by now, well...except for the glassware.

I didn't get a single 125cc spin during the spa event, but I did manage one today for this event, and I thought I was extremely lucky just to get one. :lol:

I also have the highest requirements, so it's been a real chore. I don't get why they decided to offer different requirements to different people. Not sure what the logic is in that. It just adds another layer of luck to the whole thing, and I think makes it a bit unfair, to be honest. Yes, there's luck involved with the spins, so some people are just going to be luckier than others. That's fine, but to randomly give some people higher requirements than others means that out of the gate, players are on unequal footing.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Just finished event and Laura is still hanging around. She's sort of stuck waving in every lot, where the signboard advertising her used to be. Hope she goes when event ends. Annoying on boat as she blocks way.
Attachments
20170208_124035.jpg
20170209_182201.jpg
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

SKatF wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 23:27 Just finished event and Laura is still hanging around. She's sort of stuck waving in every lot, where the signboard advertising her used to be. Hope she goes when event ends. Annoying on boat as she blocks way.
Woof, yeah, that'd get old fast.

*Sim showering* Whoa, wait,
hey! What are you doing in my house, do you mind?!

*Sims woohoo'ing* Who- AAAAAAHHH!!!
Lara: Don't mind me, I'm just going to hover for a minute or two and meander over to your pantry for some glass. You two DO have some glass in your pantry, don't you?
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm - as the event is almost done and I'm nowhere close to having enough CCs yet... Did anyone do the maths? Am I correct in assuming that you should get an average of 9 CC for each spin (9.269269.... to be exact?)

If that's true, and there's no bias, I might make it after all, with like 1h to spare. With a lot of luck. But I wanted to ask before getting my hopes up...
fiftyfiftyclown
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fiftyfiftyclown »

is it even possible to finish in time? i'm not even close to done. i might be able to unlock the tapestry at the end of today. i feel like i've been doing this nonstop since the event started, this is really irritating.
fiftyfiftyclown
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fiftyfiftyclown »

does anyone know if this event will return?
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

fiftyfiftyclown wrote: 10 Feb 2017, 17:03 does anyone know if this event will return?
Most probably since they have repeated events like this before but who know if it's gonna take months or a year or even more.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Oscar wrote: 10 Feb 2017, 11:40 Hmmm - as the event is almost done and I'm nowhere close to having enough CCs yet... Did anyone do the maths? Am I correct in assuming that you should get an average of 9 CC for each spin (9.269269.... to be exact?)

If that's true, and there's no bias, I might make it after all, with like 1h to spare. With a lot of luck. But I wanted to ask before getting my hopes up...
While the average is 9cc, taking the various reward amounts into account, the average is actually a bit lower, since the spins seem weighted to the 1, 2, & 3 rewards. You may need to use SP for the mega spin. Also, you can pay for any missing cc with SP, but the ratio is 1:1, so if you have, say 500 missing at the end of the event, it would cost you 500SP.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

fiftyfiftyclown wrote: 10 Feb 2017, 16:47 is it even possible to finish in time? i'm not even close to done. i might be able to unlock the tapestry at the end of today. i feel like i've been doing this nonstop since the event started, this is really irritating.
I had the highest requirements, and I will barely make it. However, I did use SP in the beginning to immediately restock my stations. Plus, I used the 1SP trick to collect the bonus SP at the very end of the long sessions (which I used overnight, so wasn't collecting any bonus SP as I did during the day just by checking in periodically).

Right now, I have about 175cc and 14K glass remaining.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to complete this event without spending SP, unless perhaps if you had the lowest requirements.