[LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by playsims »

SimMutt wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 06:00 I rather like Laura. She's very arts and crafty with her apron and head scarf. Please stay, Laura. Or if you must vanish at the end, strip naked and leave your clothes for one of my sims to wear.
Now you got me curious. Can you post screen shots of what she is doing? Thanks.
Penguvader
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Penguvader »

hmmm weirder still, I don't have Laura either......well this isn't impressing me much. It was bad enough for the android players not getting the christmas update and now I only get half the update, this is not the way to get me to spend real money!
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

That's strange...I got the Christmas update on my android but I do remember Windows phone users didn't get it until much later after Christmas.
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

LovesRequiem wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 11:24 did somebody do the math? is it even possible to finish in time? i just checked up on the pottery and according to my calculations i would be short on approximately 3000 pottery every day. i hope i miscalculated there.

- that is, unless I miscalculated something somewhere. Not counting the bonus:
For candles alone, not counting restocking time, that would mean 205h of collecting, or almost 9 days - if you only use one sim collecting it. Doable.

If I understood it correctly, we'll have seven free uses of the other collecting points, before having to restock - which needs 2:30. Taking the shortest option only, and the maximum amount of collecting stations:

Pottery - roughly 187h, or 8 days
Jewellery - roughly 158h, or 6.5 days
Glassware - roughly 223h, or a little more than 9 days.

These are only very vague estimates. I didn't realise that my mobile has a calculator function, and did it all manually - so it's possible/probable that there are some mistakes. If anyone would be willing to calculate it properly, that would be great :)
bouges
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by bouges »

After the aerobics and ice sculpting events I have zero confidence of finishing this event. Sigh, this should be "fun" especially given that I spent most of my lp's to come up one item short on the ice sculpting. (just as an aside, anyone notice that in the last hours/day that the finale row in ice sculpting.... jeez, took 4 turns to get 1 item from the last row using 9 sims, it was never like that for me until the end😡)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I'm loving all the new stuff that comes with this event. A new house and all the lovely new furniture and decor items. I think they have redeemed themselves with this one after the last little while being about lots of work for very little reward. I don't mind grafting a little when the rewards are worthwhile.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Ivy94F
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Ivy94F »

Laura Craft
Laura Craft
playsims wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 11:37
SimMutt wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 06:00 I rather like Laura. She's very arts and crafty with her apron and head scarf. Please stay, Laura. Or if you must vanish at the end, strip naked and leave your clothes for one of my sims to wear.
Now you got me curious. Can you post screen shots of what she is doing? Thanks.
This is the offer I saw after the update.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 21:46 Total resource requirements:
Candles: 20,570 (not including the 50 for the mood lighting)
Pottery: 101,107
Jewelry: 93,060
Glassware: 93,500
Constructo Coins: 1,692
Assuming we can do the collecting action 7 times a day (17.5 hours) and have the max amount of stations allowed It will take:

2.9 days for candles (will need more for the CCs)
9.6 days for pottery
7.8 days for jewelry
10.7 days for glassware

The restocking throws a monkey wrench into it. 7 actions are stocked when you purchase a station from the home store. After those 7 are used it takes 2.5 hours to restock it for 9 uses or 10 SPs to restock for 18 uses. If you are using SP it is better to pay the 10 to get 18 uses as speeding up the 2.5 hour takes 9 SPs.

Collecting bonuses will help as will doing longer actions while you are away from the game.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Kimberly Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kimberly Sims »

Hi, I am a reader not usually a poster. Thanks for a great and helpful forum, I don't read anything else now.

On subject, does anyone know if you can build the house on a small lot?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kimberly Sims wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 17:52 Hi, I am a reader not usually a poster. Thanks for a great and helpful forum, I don't read anything else now.

On subject, does anyone know if you can build the house on a small lot?
Based on the preview we can see that it can be built on a standard lot. :)
IMG_6571.JPG
IMG_6572.JPG
(For anyone interested Make2's tour of the chateau on a premium lots is here:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWMCPKCYW9g)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update