[LIVE EVENT] French Romance Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] French Romance Live Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 05:01 I've been speculating ... Wondering if the random differences in requirements might be some kind of test or experiment by the Fire Monkeys. Like how many users completed in each group. A way to evaluate what requirements to set for future events, for example.
And which group spent more money on the game during the event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

I think my favorite item out of everything might be 'le tv'. I've been wanting a 3 star wall tv that isn't bulky, and the price is great!
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I thought I was the only one wanting a new TV just like these two in this update. I think FM read our minds. Now, different channels would be good. :lol:
slk0807
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slk0807 »

I'm so happy that I was able to get the chateau late last night with just a few hours remaining in my extended time left. (I started the event a few days late.)

I had the middle requirements, and did purchase Lara Craft at the beginning of the event. I thought she would help me, but I'm pretty doubtful that she did and I would probably just save that money and buy the sp points directly for the next event.

This was not an easy event for me and I had resigned myself that I wouldn't make it. I had everything crafted by setting a timer every 2.5 hours during the day and 8 hours at night for the entire week. I had no luck at all with the cc's - and was still about 350 short when the event officially ended. I think I averaged 3 cc's per spin, which is why I don't think Lara was worth the few extra spins she gave me. I used her once for crafting glass, and all the rest of the time for candles.

I didn't start out with any lp or sp saved up so I had to craft all of them during the actual event, with 10 sims cooking as much as I could. Once I was down to the 3 days extension, I set 20 people to cooking and making lp's to turn into sp's, then I ended up spending $12 for the final sp's I needed. I don't mind spending some money on the game, but that's about my limit every few months - and I just really enjoy the housing templates! All of the other prizes, I don't mind missing out on or waiting for it to come back, but the housing templates are so fun! Now I just need to wait 3 days for my house to finish - so excited!

I just found this forum while looking for info on this event, it's been extremely helpful - thanks, everyone!
Level 54
HFN: 22 West Side
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

I wonder if a Lara Craft or some equivalent is going to become a permanent part of these events. I didn't buy her but most who did don't seem to think she was worth having. If you bought her once and then she popped up when needed I might think about it but that's obviously not going to happen.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

mockingbird288z wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 05:27
SKatF wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 05:01 I've been speculating ... Wondering if the random differences in requirements might be some kind of test or experiment by the Fire Monkeys. Like how many users completed in each group. A way to evaluate what requirements to set for future events, for example.
And which group spent more money on the game during the event.
Exactly! If a large enough number of players in the highest group completed the event by spending money on SP, that's probably what they'll set for future events. I was in the highest group, and I did spend SP to restock my stations and to collect bonus SP on some of the overnight crafting, but I didn't have to spend any real money since I had enough SP saved up (though I didn't even really spend that much - perhaps 100 or so?). I was also lucky to get one triple grasshopper and was able to make the rest of my cc with all the candles I kept crafting up until the end.

But, if you didn't have enough SP, you had to spend a lot of time grinding LP for SP spins or purchase SP from the store. I didn't purchase Lara Craft (she wasn't for sale in my online store on WP), but I'm sure they've tracked how many people purchased her in each of the groups.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Simbellini wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 18:13 I wonder if a Lara Craft or some equivalent is going to become a permanent part of these events. I didn't buy her but most who did don't seem to think she was worth having. If you bought her once and then she popped up when needed I might think about it but that's obviously not going to happen.
I believe it already has become a permanent part of these events. When the Spa event returned they added the Rainbow Gem Harvester to the online store and then for the Prince and the Pocket-Sized Princess event they had the Rainbow Flower Bloom. Both of those items worked like Laura Craft did. The only difference is that the gem harvester and the flower bloom are items that stay after the event is over, albeit inactive. They are supposed to start working again when the events return. They both cost twice as much as Laura Craft.

I'm sure we will see something like it for the return of the Tropical Romance Island event.

It could be that Laura Craft being a visiting sim and not an item is another difference between the "community" events and the "live" event. Along with no community progress and (posssibly) different requirements. We won't know for sure unless/until there is another "live" event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simbellini
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simbellini »

Yes I see what you mean. Those not completing this recent event would have to buy her again if it returns. So I suppose they work out the same price - just that making her 'human' might make her more attractive to buy and players might think some element of her (outfit etc) might remain in the game like the other items. I don't buy any but certainly feel increasingly pressured to do so.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Thuraya wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 11:52
grumpler66 wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 07:36 The portait sofa is crappy. Why using the pixel circle and the bathing suit? It wasn't like that in the preview if I remember right.
Have you tried both of the available options? The shorter option is just for practice and the model will not get undressed. Is that what you saw in the preview? With the longer option the model will get undressed and pose for a nude drawing. The pixelation is consistent with all their actions that imply nudeness, like showering, bathing and using the toilet. I don't consider this "crappy" in any way.
What strikes me as funny is that they pixelate the sims (animated drawings) in their bathing suits but they show the naked picture they are drawing lol!
Updated town info in profile
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Hahaha 🤣! Hehehe 😆!