[Community Event] Tropical Romance Island

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
kevindong
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Farming Fruit for the Tropical Romance Island Event - TIPS

Post by kevindong »

Tip 1: Reserve fourteen (14) sims on farming fruit.
Allocation method: 4 sims work on farming Bananas.
4 other sims work on farming dragon fruit.
3 more sims work on farming pineapples.
The last 2 sims work on farming Passion fruit.

Keep 8 sims (Bananas and Dragon Fruit) on one lot. Keep 6 sims (Pineapples, Dragon Fruit and Spare Sim [Tip 3]) in another lot. Keep the hobby completion sims in a third lot. This makes the game much easier.

Tip 2: Do not use Platinum orbs to pause the age of the farming Sims, unless they already have one!
This is because the age reverse is free, at least for the duration of this limited-time event.

Tip 3: Keep 1 spare Sim for planting simoleon Sprouts, Social point Sprouts, and the constructor coin sprouts.

Tip 4: Use all the rest of your sims for LP farming. Complete hobbies to do so. Cooking is the easiest.

Tip 5: Share this with your friends (and also your foes!) to be able to obtain the Community Event's free perks, including addtional constructor coins, exclusive items and the BEACH WEAR, the only way you can actually wear a bra in Everyday clothing (Usually you need Sleepwear or Swimwear)!

>> THIS EVENT ENDS AT THE END OF NEXT SATURDAY; therefore, most players should have unlocked Pineapples by now, and also the Relaxed Seats pack.

Happy Simming!
ErinPW

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by ErinPW »

kevindong wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 16:55 [...]
Tip 2: Do not use Platinum orbs to pause the age of the farming Sims, unless they already have one!
This is because the age reverse is free, at least for the duration of this limited-time event.
[...]
Welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post to the propper topic :)

Btw. Reversing the sim's age became free with this update and will still be free when the event is over.
Source: Firemonkeys' Update FAQ here.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

pinkribbon wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 13:32
elletheheiress wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 00:49 I couldn't remember before what it was that I missed out on during the first run of this event. Now that it has started I see that it was the bungalow. I also remember wanting it SO BADLY the first time but now I'm just meh about it.
I thought I had more than 1 thing left but it's only the wedding venue. I should be able to get it and it's helpful I don't need bananas for it so I can keep using them to spin for CC.
After unlocking everything in my game in this event I lost the plant spin that I was planning on using to get more cc's to build the wedding venue! Hopefully I will be able to build it the next time it comes around.
slk0807
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by slk0807 »

I've noticed that my SP (to get requirements) to CC conversion is much higher with this event than previous events. Is it the same for anyone else?

For example, for the Suncoast Bar, my requirements are: 16,250 dragon fruit, 16,500 pineapple and 255 CC. I have 57,679 dragon fruit, 42,707 pineapple and 242 CC. If I wanted to buy this, the only thing that I am missing is 13 CC's. But, my get requirements cost is 96 SPs. 96 SPs for just 13 CCs is crazy!

In the last 2 quests, it was a 1-1 cost for the get requirements for SP to CC, and I would have only needed 13 SPs, which I was able to generate using the LP spin plant to SP. Now, there is no way I could get up to that many SP's to cover the missing CC.

I have the same issue with the Mermaid Reef - I have enough dragon fruit and pineapple and only need 28 CCs, but my get requirements wants 205 SPs for this.

Unless I get much more lucky with the spin plant (not likely), I expect to be about 600 CC's short in winning the rest of the prizes, and with this type of conversion factor for the CC to SP, there is no way I will get close to finishing, so I'm trying to decide if I should just focus on the possibly 2 more prizes I will be able to get CCs for before the event ends and stop collecting fruit that will be useless anyway.
Level 54
HFN: 22 West Side
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I could care less about getting the Mermaid Reef, I'm just hoping to clear the Bungalow, beach, volleyball, and wedding venue in that order. Been farming like crazy not not really confident I'll get there, constructor coin spins have been killing me.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I should ask... the "free reverse aging" thing, that's staying, right? I heard about the forced auto-aging and have dreaded the approach of that quest ever since.
kevindong
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by kevindong »

Well, it's sad I was forced to purchase 320 SP from a package. I'm glad VIP points exist; it's a whole 125 VIP points, which is quite a bit. At a rate of 1 Mega Spin Plant per day, 25 x 14 = 350, but the Social point flower should handle the rest, alongside with the bananas.
By far, I have...
- Hammock
- Costal Dining
- Sun Bath Beach
- Mermaid Reef
~ 9350 Bananas
~ 29250 Dragonfruit
~ 13950 Pineapples
~ 1700 Passion Fruit
~ 90 CC
~ 160 SP

The guaranteed exchange rate of 25 SP = 10 CC is ridiculous. 2.5 SP for only 1 CC (for an unlucky player like me)? That is RIDICULOUS!
Keep collecting fruit; it awards extra Simoleons if you can't manage earning those rewards. Otherwise, you should be able to unlock everything by spending your LP to create SP. Also, VIP 8+ players get free Social Point Flowers every day, so consider that in future events (if you are rich; it's a ridiculous 750 VIP points = USD$150 in LP (5000 LP or 2720 SP, plus VIP bonuses).
We should better progress to unlock that Beach Wear; it might be the only form of swimwear we can get to wear everyday!
Happy simming!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

PyroSpazz wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 23:34 I should ask... the "free reverse aging" thing, that's staying, right? I heard about the forced auto-aging and have dreaded the approach of that quest ever since.
See Erin's post before yours on the same page. ;)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
atreya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by atreya »

slk0807 wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 22:26 I've noticed that my SP (to get requirements) to CC conversion is much higher with this event than previous events. Is it the same for anyone else?

For example, for the Suncoast Bar, my requirements are: 16,250 dragon fruit, 16,500 pineapple and 255 CC. I have 57,679 dragon fruit, 42,707 pineapple and 242 CC. If I wanted to buy this, the only thing that I am missing is 13 CC's. But, my get requirements cost is 96 SPs. 96 SPs for just 13 CCs is crazy!

In the last 2 quests, it was a 1-1 cost for the get requirements for SP to CC, and I would have only needed 13 SPs, which I was able to generate using the LP spin plant to SP. Now, there is no way I could get up to that many SP's to cover the missing CC.
I just checked in my game. I'm missing 1 CC to build the sun bath beach and it will cost me 8 SP at the moment. (I double checked, I have all the fruits needed for this item) I probably won't be buying any prizes with SP with that kind of SP/CC payment. Thanks for pointing this out.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

atreya wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 06:02
slk0807 wrote: 05 Mar 2017, 22:26 I've noticed that my SP (to get requirements) to CC conversion is much higher with this event than previous events. Is it the same for anyone else?

I just checked in my game. I'm missing 1 CC to build the sun bath beach and it will cost me 8 SP at the moment. (I double checked, I have all the fruits needed for this item) I probably won't be buying any prizes with SP with that kind of SP/CC payment. Thanks for pointing this out.
I had 2 CCs missing for the bungalow and I think it was 12 or 13 sp I had to pay for it. I paid since I was tired of grinding for bananas and I have enoguh saved sp thanks to easyer neighbour tasks in the past.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London