[Community Event] Tropical Romance Island

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by JakeSim »

I see no point in clearing the island if we don't get coins unless it blocks some of the areas I need to go and check.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

SKatF wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 20:00
CarrieMae wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 19:16
Butterfly wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 02:54 All of sudden...my game shows that I have 1 new item in inventory (denoted by a blue circle and the number 1). However, when I click my inventory...there is nothing new. What gives?
Since the ending of the French Romance Event, I've had the same thing in my game, except the number indicated 4 new items in inventory. Yesterday, it went up to 5, but still no new items in my inventory.
I had some free prize items I'd never placed still in the home store. Example would be items from marketplace events. When random blue numbers showed up, I sought them out. Once I'd placed them (and either left them in a house or put in inventory) my blue circle numbers went away. Might work for you if, like me, you find them annoying ... mostly as they interfere with finding genuine new items.
I should have mentioned that I did go through my ENTIRE inventory, placing all items and putting them back in inventory. Didn't remove the number, so it may be a glitch.
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valtys »

For some reason, I can't find a spin plant to use. All spin plants I planted previously are regular gardens. And there are none available in the event tab or outdoor tab.

Thanks!
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!
elletheheiress
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by elletheheiress »

I couldn't remember before what it was that I missed out on during the first run of this event. Now that it has started I see that it was the bungalow. I also remember wanting it SO BADLY the first time but now I'm just meh about it.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

elletheheiress wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 00:49 I couldn't remember before what it was that I missed out on during the first run of this event. Now that it has started I see that it was the bungalow. I also remember wanting it SO BADLY the first time but now I'm just meh about it.
He he! my sims don't go to the island, but I'm still doing the event in my other game lol
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

valtys wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 00:35 For some reason, I can't find a spin plant to use. All spin plants I planted previously are regular gardens. And there are none available in the event tab or outdoor tab.

Thanks!
I had the same question when this event started up again. You need to make sure you go through the steps of the "quest." After one of them the spin plant garden becomes available. It was going crazy trying to find it at first.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

elletheheiress wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 00:49 I couldn't remember before what it was that I missed out on during the first run of this event. Now that it has started I see that it was the bungalow. I also remember wanting it SO BADLY the first time but now I'm just meh about it.
I thought I had more than 1 thing left but it's only the wedding venue. I should be able to get it and it's helpful I don't need bananas for it so I can keep using them to spin for CC.
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I guess I shouldn't hold out much hope for the global prizes on this one since it's a repeat event? First time I've been around for it, I hope to see everything unlocked but the bar is crawling slowly and I suspect that once those who were around for it the first time clear whatever prizes they had left to claim they'll have no reason to stick around.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

PyroSpazz wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 15:38 I guess I shouldn't hold out much hope for the global prizes on this one since it's a repeat event? First time I've been around for it, I hope to see everything unlocked but the bar is crawling slowly and I suspect that once those who were around for it the first time clear whatever prizes they had left to claim they'll have no reason to stick around.
The people who completed it the first time didn't even get notified that the event has returned. As for the global/community progress, don't sweat it. They'll speed it up and we'll get the goodies in the end (see mockingbird's post on page 4 of this thread).
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
valtys
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by valtys »

pinkribbon wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 13:31
valtys wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 00:35 For some reason, I can't find a spin plant to use. All spin plants I planted previously are regular gardens. And there are none available in the event tab or outdoor tab.

Thanks!
I had the same question when this event started up again. You need to make sure you go through the steps of the "quest." After one of them the spin plant garden becomes available. It was going crazy trying to find it at first.
Ahh got it working after visiting the island. I guess I got ahead of myself because I did all these things last time the event came around!
Gamecenter: oneleaftea
HFN's: 1 East Oceanside by Lighthouse: Has everything. Includes firepole!