[LIVE EVENT] Dream Daycare Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Dream Daycare Live Event

Post by MimLady »

Has anyone bought the new baby cots? If so, when you place them in a house (where there's room to add a baby) do they actomatically have the baby bubble over it like the ones that are already available? Because that really bugs me - sometimes I'd just like to have a cot as a piece of furniture but if there aren't 4 sims in that house, there's that * bubble! I know I won't have time to complete the whole quest so I'll just wait until the end and get what I like the most with whatever resources I've collected.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

MimLady wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 08:23 Has anyone bought the new baby cots? If so, when you place them in a house (where there's room to add a baby) do they actomatically have the baby bubble over it like the ones that are already available? Because that really bugs me - sometimes I'd just like to have a cot as a piece of furniture but if there aren't 4 sims in that house, there's that * bubble! I know I won't have time to complete the whole quest so I'll just wait until the end and get what I like the most with whatever resources I've collected.
I just tested it. In my town, there is not a bubble over my new dark antique crib and the crib is empty.

Can anyone else confirm this...or am I experiencing a glitch?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

MimLady wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 08:23 Has anyone bought the new baby cots? If so, when you place them in a house (where there's room to add a baby) do they actomatically have the baby bubble over it like the ones that are already available? Because that really bugs me - sometimes I'd just like to have a cot as a piece of furniture but if there aren't 4 sims in that house, there's that * bubble! I know I won't have time to complete the whole quest so I'll just wait until the end and get what I like the most with whatever resources I've collected.
Mine shows the bubble :(
I too wanted to use it as a decorative item..
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Try placing three or four other cribs e.g. in a basement storage room. You'll probably see three of them with the bubble. Then place the one you want as decoration.

Hope, this works in your game, too :)
Attachments
Cribs
Cribs
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

That's a cunning plan! I have quite a few cots in my inventory from way back; I think they were on sale one time. I'll have to give that a try.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I am not getting SP when I am completing the tasks at a neighbours. Why is this? Have they stopped it for the duration of this event?
I just spent ages trying to catch that stupid ridiculous Flapsworth idiot and I didn't get the SP for it! Nor did I get the SP for the preteen prank call. This game is waaaaaaay too annoying sometimes!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

LovemySims wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 22:43 I am not getting SP when I am completing the tasks at a neighbours. Why is this? Have they stopped it for the duration of this event?
I just spent ages trying to catch that stupid ridiculous Flapsworth idiot and I didn't get the SP for it! Nor did I get the SP for the preteen prank call. This game is waaaaaaay too annoying sometimes!
After reading your post I sent a sim to a neighbor. She did several tasks and got SPs and XPs. It looks like the Firemonkeys have changed the popups. The one that shows the earned reward is sliding away so quickly that it was hard to recognize. Also, the reward is mentioned only, if I watch the task at the task box.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Comparison of new easel and one already in game. Old on left. Actions are the same. (Sorry for excessive cropping; it was fastest way to reduce file size so it would be accepted.)

Several other prizes are also very similar to existing items. I'm wondering why I'm even doing the event.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-08-20-02-00~2.jpg
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Removed, Retired, or Truly Limited Items

Post by playsims »

They do look so cute. What will the toddler do in the Master cook? Does it play cooking, washing & open the ref?
How about the Cozy Reader? Will the toddler sim lie or sit on the bench to read ?
Please show pictures of their actions if possible. Thanks.
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

SKatF wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 00:27 Comparison of new easel and one already in game. Old on left. Actions are the same. (Sorry for excessive cropping; it was fastest way to reduce file size so it would be accepted.)

Several other prizes are also very similar to existing items. I'm wondering why I'm even doing the event.
Yeah..most are similar to existing items..I'm interested in cozy reading couch..it looks new and cute. Also tidy tots bookshelves...it'll act as a filler furniture in my toddler's room :lol:
Not bothered about the rest.