[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by mockingbird288z »

julz21 wrote:Hmmm, we all know that 1 day = 24 hours. So why after 16 hours (or near there) I'm suddenly down to "6 days left"? :x
I think what it's really saying is 6 days and __ hours left. But the timer can only show the "6 days" part. I don't think anyone has been cheated out of any time! :) When it gets closer to the end the time switches to hours (36 hours, 23 miuntes...) so we have a better idea of exactly how much time is left.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Chaos Redrum
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Chaos Redrum »

+.jana.+ wrote:
Chaos Redrum wrote:Question: If I'm fishing on a neighbours dock, and they want to fish there, what happens? Do we fish together? Can they cancel my fishing so they can fish? Can I cancel heir fishing? Not that I would do that..it's their town afterall :)
Feel free to cancel the neighbour. Any actions at a neighbour are done on the saved backup, NOT on their own game. :)
OMG thank you for explaining that! There have been times I've visited a neighbour and their actions have stopped (big red X) and I've felt guilty that I canceled their actions by accident!
Kristi
ios Chaos Redrum
LVL 55, Police Update
HFN House - 10 WestSide
- Fully stocked neighbour house - Labeled with "SP" patio stones
- incl. haunted basement; cat/dog; 3 star items; hobby items
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

mockingbird288z wrote:
julz21 wrote:Hmmm, we all know that 1 day = 24 hours. So why after 16 hours (or near there) I'm suddenly down to "6 days left"? :x
I think what it's really saying is 6 days and __ hours left. But the timer can only show the "6 days" part. I don't think anyone has been cheated out of any time! :) When it gets closer to the end the time switches to hours (36 hours, 23 miuntes...) so we have a better idea of exactly how much time is left.
That's what I thought at first, but when I started the event it said 7 days, 12hrs later it said 6. The same thing happened to me on the Makeup Hobby, it said 7days when I started it at 22:00 hrs yesterday and still this AM, today at noon it switched to 6days.
I'm really hoping it is actually counting x days and x hrs left, it just looks really iffy, since both hobbies switched at noon for me. Fingers crossed.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
mockingbird288z

SusiQ wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
That's what I thought at first, but when I started the event it said 7 days, 12hrs later it said 6. The same thing happened to me on the Makeup Hobby, it said 7days when I started it at 22:00 hrs yesterday and still this AM, today at noon it switched to 6days.
I'm really hoping it is actually counting x days and x hrs left, it just looks really iffy, since both hobbies switched at noon for me. Fingers crossed.
Yes, it did this to me on the makeup hobby event as well. It has also been happening for me for the past few quests. It could be that the 12 hour point is when it switches to 6 days and 12 hours left. For awhile the timer would 7 days for the entire 24 hours before switching to 6 days which I thought was more misleading since you didn't actually have a full 7 days left. They should bring back the smaller timers that would have the full time on it instead of just the days.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

That makes sense Mockingbird, thanks for explaining, I though we'd been cheated out of time and I was not happy!
This fishing thing is really getting on my nerves now, if I get that giant man eating fish again I am going to scream! Taking up even more of my time on this stupid event with that keep cropping up every time I press the exclamation bubble..
Chaos Redrum
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Chaos Redrum »

I could be wrong, but are these different rewards now for late fishing levels?
Reaching Lvl 6 earns 1 LP, Lvl 7 earns 2 LP's, and Lvl8 earns 3 LP's. I don't recall getting those type of LP rewards when I leveled up before?

It's definitely helping pay for this event. I've got 3 fishersims going solid 10 minutes, and I'm keeping the same ones until they've hit Lvl 8, then I reset them on a dif hobby. I'm using those earned LP's when I get 16/18 to roll for the last 2 fish, then reset and start again. I refuse to *buy* things like LP's for a *free* game!

Fishing and Cooking (and watching the Blue Jays baseball game)...what a way to spend a Wed night. Oh and Big Brother...and Masterchef finale.... I need more TV's!
Kristi
ios Chaos Redrum
LVL 55, Police Update
HFN House - 10 WestSide
- Fully stocked neighbour house - Labeled with "SP" patio stones
- incl. haunted basement; cat/dog; 3 star items; hobby items
diananadine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by diananadine »

I thought it was going to be almost impossible to finish, but I guess not... I finished one set in two hours and have unlocked 3 by now. Thanks to lps and lucky spin though.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Chaos Redrum wrote:I could be wrong, but are these different rewards now for late fishing levels?
Reaching Lvl 6 earns 1 LP, Lvl 7 earns 2 LP's, and Lvl8 earns 3 LP's. I don't recall getting those type of LP rewards when I leveled up before?

It's definitely helping pay for this event. <snip>
This changed with the Mutant Fish event. Before that you earned the same as every other 6 level hobby. With the introduction of the larger grid and more levels they added the extra LP rewards for leveling up.
I fully agree they are coming in handy! I would be nice if all the hobbies had nice LP rewards.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

SIMazing wrote:
Chaos Redrum wrote:I could be wrong, but are these different rewards now for late fishing levels?

It's definitely helping pay for this event. <snip>
This changed with the Mutant Fish event. Before that you earned the same as every other 6 level hobby. With the introduction of the larger grid and more levels they added the extra LP rewards for leveling up.
I fully agree they are coming in handy! I would be nice if all the hobbies had nice LP rewards.
I'm not so sure it happened with the Mutant fish event, though. I haven't done the fishing hobby since the Mutant Fish event and then only did it with one sim so didn't get any rewards as it was the first time getting to levels 7 and 8. However, the ghost hunting hobby also has 8 levels and the last time I leveled up a sim in that hobby a few months ago I only got 1LP for both level 7 and level 8. I thought I had seen from others that that was how it was for the fishing hobby, too.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote:
SIMazing wrote: This changed with the Mutant Fish event. Before that you earned the same as every other 6 level hobby. With the introduction of the larger grid and more levels they added the extra LP rewards for leveling up.
I'm not so sure it happened with the Mutant fish event, though. I haven't done the fishing hobby since the Mutant Fish event and then only did it with one sim so didn't get any rewards as it was the first time getting to levels 7 and 8. However, the ghost hunting hobby also has 8 levels and the last time I leveled up a sim in that hobby a few months ago I only got 1LP for both level 7 and level 8. I thought I had seen from others that that was how it was for the fishing hobby, too.
You're right, SIMazing! I went to my game that is still on the Seniors update and did some fishing. While I didn't really want to take the time to get a sim all the way to levels 7 or 8 (geez it took a long time back then!) I did get one to level 6 and on the level up screen it showed 2LP under the "Coming Up Next" box. Do I have it wrong for the Ghost Hunting hobby, too, then? I could have sworn it was just 1LP for levels 6, 7, and 8...