[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by mockingbird288z »

Gem410 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Thanks Erin! I've been searching this forum for some help with my memory and found this post by HordePrime about ghost hunting. He says that it was 1LP for level 7 and 1LP for level 8. But according to Akshaya it has changed? Is it also as easy to level up in ghost hunting as it is in fishing now? I think I'm going to go do some ghost hunting... :lol:
I've currently got a couple of sims ghost hunting and have had for quite a while because it's one hobby grid that completes quickly for me without a great deal of repeats. I get 5 LPs to complete the grid but only 1LP at level 6 and 1LP at level 8. :? Definitely would love the 1, 2 and 3 LPs :D Also it's not as easy to level up as it is with fishing. That would be nice. ;)
Edit.
Just checked it out to make sure... I get 1LP each for levels 6, 7 and 8 in the ghost hunting hobby. And levelling up is very slow - about 3% each medal on level 6.
Thanks for posting! I wonder why the reward difference? I guess it's too much to ask that Firemonkeys make sense! :lol:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:Does anyone know if the survivalist event starts immediately following the fishing event? Or do we get a couple days of break in between? I'm almost done with my last grid for the rugs & would really like a moment to breathe before jumping right into having to fill grids numerous times again.
The original date for the Survivalist event was October 6th. But the original date for the Fishing event was September 22nd. Now I believe the date for the Survivalist event is September 29th. We have a little breathing room before the grind starts all over again.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:Does anyone know if the survivalist event starts immediately following the fishing event? Or do we get a couple days of break in between? I'm almost done with my last grid for the rugs & would really like a moment to breathe before jumping right into having to fill grids numerous times again.
The original date for the Survivalist event was October 6th. But the original date for the Fishing event was September 22nd. Now I believe the date for the Survivalist event is September 29th. We have a little breathing room before the grind starts all over again.
Thanks. Good to know.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Gem410 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Thanks Erin! I've been searching this forum for some help with my memory and found this post by HordePrime about ghost hunting. He says that it was 1LP for level 7 and 1LP for level 8. But according to Akshaya it has changed? Is it also as easy to level up in ghost hunting as it is in fishing now? I think I'm going to go do some ghost hunting... :lol:
I've currently got a couple of sims ghost hunting and have had for quite a while because it's one hobby grid that completes quickly for me without a great deal of repeats. I get 5 LPs to complete the grid but only 1LP at level 6 and 1LP at level 8. :? Definitely would love the 1, 2 and 3 LPs :D Also it's not as easy to level up as it is with fishing. That would be nice. ;)
Edit.
Just checked it out to make sure... I get 1LP each for levels 6, 7 and 8 in the ghost hunting hobby. And levelling up is very slow - about 3% each medal on level 6.
Thanks for posting! I wonder why the reward difference? I guess it's too much to ask that Firemonkeys make sense! :lol:
Thanks to both of you!
The blog info will be updated :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
kelline
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kelline »

I doubt I'll be able to get all the rugs ( I can hope that I get the purple set since its my color ) Since I'm down to 4 days.. & only have 1 grid completed.. I got the 1st 17 fast, but then that last rare one #18 took over a day. Thats doing 3 lv 8 fishers, 10 min clicks & 9 hours sleep. sigh.... Grid 2 is same... the 1st 17 fast, but then that last rare one #18 is a no show.

I think my game is glitched, cuz it always takes forever to finish a grid :(
mockingbird288z

kelline wrote:I doubt I'll be able to get all the rugs ( I can hope that I get the purple set since its my color ) Since I'm down to 4 days.. & only have 1 grid completed.. I got the 1st 17 fast, but then that last rare one #18 took over a day. Thats doing 3 lv 8 fishers, 10 min clicks & 9 hours sleep. sigh.... Grid 2 is same... the 1st 17 fast, but then that last rare one #18 is a no show.

I think my game is glitched, cuz it always takes forever to finish a grid :(
Do you have enough LPs to use the lucky spin on the last fish for every grid? You can use the save/reset method so you only spend the LPs once and are gauranteed the fish you need. You can also use the save/reset to get the purple rugs you want.
kelline
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kelline »

i did use lp on that last one, got really lucky & I got on 1st try. So now I have 2 rug sets..

On to the 3rd grid... I have 24 fish, of which only 12 are usuable. Ironically after I bought the lp one, my 10th grid fish was the 18th. So I'll see what fish holds it up this time
Mritha
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Mritha »

Question that may have already been answered, but skimming the pages couldn't find it.

I'm still in the nanny update, if I don't update will the event be postponed or have I already lost days by not starting yet? Due to a busy work week I haven't been able to log into the game all week and this is the first I've heard about the event.
GC: Mritha
FB: https://www.facebook.com/mritha.fallen
HFN: Museum Boulevard
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

Does Simsie ever show up when fishing at the beach or the campgrounds, or is he just in the park pond? A couple of my sims have been eaten many times, but the others have been catching their fish unmolested.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

indigoace wrote:Does Simsie ever show up when fishing at the beach or the campgrounds, or is he just in the park pond? A couple of my sims have been eaten many times, but the others have been catching their fish unmolested.
Only at the park pond...