[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by mockingbird288z »

Mritha wrote:Question that may have already been answered, but skimming the pages couldn't find it.

I'm still in the nanny update, if I don't update will the event be postponed or have I already lost days by not starting yet? Due to a busy work week I haven't been able to log into the game all week and this is the first I've heard about the event.
You've already lost days by not starting yet. It is a limited time event that is set to end at a certain time no matter when you start it. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Mritha
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Mritha »

Well poop. Hopefully its like the long hair event then, were it comes back each year!
GC: Mritha
FB: https://www.facebook.com/mritha.fallen
HFN: Museum Boulevard
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I gotta say I really like the rugs. :D I like both the colors & the different sizes. They look so much better in my houses then the Latin rugs everywhere. I don't remember what it is that we're getting with the survivalist event. Was it plants & trees? Was that it? And lights?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The fishing event has been more doable than I expected. I have four days and two rug sets to go. Still I feel like I'm spending more time grinding this game than I'd like. But I'm satisfied with the rugs so far, and have spent lps only for the last two or three fish on each grid. Since I've been cooking and fishing at the same times, it works out.

I'm worried that the survivalist hobby will not be so easy, especially since the need to save and reset the game so often means I can't have a second Sim at a neighbor's town. I don't think it's possible to fill that grid seven times in seven days without spending lots of lps.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

telemwill wrote: I'm worried that the survivalist hobby will not be so easy, especially since the need to save and reset the game so often means I can't have a second Sim at a neighbor's town. I don't think it's possible to fill that grid seven times in seven days without spending lots of lps.
It's not possible! It would take 30 hours to fill the grid once (without repeats!) and it would take 210 hours to fill the grid 7 times. There are only 168 hours in a week so we would need to use 42LP to complete the event, and that's in a perfect world where repeats don't exist and we are able to be on the game to start the hobby again right away. Using a neighbor's town would help a little but that would still make it 15 hours to fill the grid without repeats. :evil:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mockingbird288z wrote:
telemwill wrote: I'm worried that the survivalist hobby will not be so easy, especially since the need to save and reset the game so often means I can't have a second Sim at a neighbor's town. I don't think it's possible to fill that grid seven times in seven days without spending lots of lps.
It's not possible! It would take 30 hours to fill the grid once (without repeats!) and it would take 210 hours to fill the grid 7 times. There are only 168 hours in a week so we would need to use 42LP to complete the event, and that's in a perfect world where repeats don't exist and we are able to be on the game to start the hobby again right away. Using a neighbor's town would help a little but that would still make it 15 hours to fill the grid without repeats. :evil:
It is frustrating that FM is giving us an impossible task. Difficult is one thing, but to set us up to fail is another. Kinda evil of them.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

telemwill wrote: It is frustrating that FM is giving us an impossible task. Difficult is one thing, but to set us up to fail is another. Kinda evil of them.
I agree! We had 2 weeks for the sleepwear event and only had to complete the grid 5 times. To make the survivalist event 1 week for 7 times they are definitely stacking the deck against us. I think we should have 2 weeks for the survivalist event, too. I'd even settle for 9 or 10 days!! But only 7 days is not enough.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote:
telemwill wrote: It is frustrating that FM is giving us an impossible task. Difficult is one thing, but to set us up to fail is another. Kinda evil of them.
I agree! We had 2 weeks for the sleepwear event and only had to complete the grid 5 times. To make the survivalist event 1 week for 7 times they are definitely stacking the deck against us. I think we should have 2 weeks for the survivalist event, too. I'd even settle for 9 or 10 days!! But only 7 days is not enough.
Maybe, this is the reason why the rugs event started earlier? I'm sure, the other event will start earlier, too. fm might have changed the time limit.
Wishful thinking? :?
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Maybe, this is the reason why the rugs event started earlier? I'm sure, the other event will start earlier, too. fm might have changed the time limit.
Wishful thinking? :?
It might be wishful thinking but I like that idea!! I had been thinking that they had started the event earlier as a way to get around the fact that the info about the events was already out. Like they changed the date to mess with us. But I like your idea better! We can hope, right?
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

indigoace wrote:Does Simsie ever show up when fishing at the beach or the campgrounds, or is he just in the park pond? A couple of my sims have been eaten many times, but the others have been catching their fish unmolested.
And also, if you have a senior sim fishing at the park pond, it does not get eaten up by the Big Fish. I dont really mind the mini game of sim eating fish, at least I got some simeoleons or XPs out of it. However I do notice that if I missed out popping all the ! bubble ( my attention is somewhere else) , I got zero fish.