[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by bluebeariscool »

FINALLY! I finished the make up grid. Now desperately grinding away at the fishing hobby and have managed to unlock 2 rugs so far. Seriously, who has time to check in every 10 minutes to set their sims off fishing again?? :o Not me! This one is going to be tight.
My game feels like such a busy place at the moment. I feel like others that there's been no time to explore all this new content we are working so hard to unlock.
Happy grinding my friends :D
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Bendybanana
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bendybanana »

I've been catching up on the events from the summer and have only just got to the make-up hobby. I'd already decided to hold off on building the counter as I'd seen the posts on here about completing the grids. I want to wait till I feel in the mood for it, so when I saw the rug event, I just didn't bother. I've always liked to try and get all the items that I'm around for, doing some grinding and spending lps. But there's been so much recently that I just couldn't be bothered. Not sure if I'll try the survivalist thing either.
Like so many of you have said, this is becoming a chore instead of fun. I'm stepping off the track and going at my own pace and if I miss out on stuff so be it.
HFN = 21 West Side
Fire pole = 2 Fortune Docks
Haunted House = Volcano View
Dog = 3 West Oceanside
Cat = 4 West Oceanside
Level 55, all updates
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I managed by some miracle, and the use of about 30 LPs to finish this fishing hobby today and get all 7 rug packs! I am delighted but also surprised that I managed this one as I certainly didn't bother to work hard at it. I managed to get good grids every time luckily for me and I finished the last 3 or 4 fish I needed by using LP, luckily for me I got the fish I needed with each spin, maybe EA has cut us some slack on that and helped a little?!

I don't know but I had about 8 hours to spare finishing it today. I love the rugs and I'm glad I got them, so try not to be too put off by this hobby. Honestly I didn't work all that hard at all with it, and I still managed to finish, hope you all do too :)
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

I managed to finish the fishing hobby and get my 7 rug packs without using LP. I had three sims fishing at once (park, campground and neighbor's campground) and basically let it run while I worked or watched TV.

I had less luck with the makeup hobby....needed 10 days to complete.

I agree that its tasks like this that make me rage against EA......
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

telemwill wrote:I think FM has forgotten this is supposed to be a game, not a full-time job. I don't want to play all the time. I don't even want to play all the time I'm free. I want to be with friends, walk with hubby in the park, read a book, watch Dr. Who, etc. I actually contemplated quitting. I may have to resign myself to not having every single game item.

Oh, and how do we have two survivalists? Would that count using a neighbor's town?
Nailed it telemwill!
I stopped because I have a life. I like to play games to PLAY and RELAX. I have loved Sims because I could build and design and plan my little town. Play like electronic paper dolls. Then it turned into WORK and STRESS. Always feeling behind, feeling pressure, worried about having enough of this or that... Nay, nay... That is not why I started playing this game. The updates are TOO frequent. If people enjoy this great but I do not have that sort of time. This is actually a very complex game and it takes planning and Prep. You've go to get the LP and money etc to do all these quests and that takes time. Then things are timed so your under pressure. Holy cow! I'm going to try and catch up (I'm still on camping) but I'm starting to lose interest. If it feels more like work than fun, then I think I can just stop updating and be happy to play where I am and leave well enuff alone!

*rant over*
Sorre.....
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Bendybanana wrote:Like so many of you have said, this is becoming a chore instead of fun. I'm stepping off the track and going at my own pace and if I miss out on stuff so be it.
Amen Bendybanana. I'm right there with you!
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

katgames wrote:
telemwill wrote:I think FM has forgotten this is supposed to be a game, not a full-time job. I don't want to play all the time. I don't even want to play all the time I'm free. I want to be with friends, walk with hubby in the park, read a book, watch Dr. Who, etc. I actually contemplated quitting. I may have to resign myself to not having every single game item.
Nailed it telemwill!
I stopped because I have a life. I like to play games to PLAY and RELAX. I have loved Sims because I could build and design and plan my little town. Play like electronic paper dolls. Then it turned into WORK and STRESS. Always feeling behind, feeling pressure, worried about having enough of this or that... Nay, nay... That is not why I started playing this game. The updates are TOO frequent. If people enjoy this great but I do not have that sort of time. This is actually a very complex game and it takes planning and Prep. You've go to get the LP and money etc to do all these quests and that takes time. Then things are timed so your under pressure. Holy cow! I'm going to try and catch up (I'm still on camping) but I'm starting to lose interest. If it feels more like work than fun, then I think I can just stop updating and be happy to play where I am and leave well enuff alone!

*rant over*
Sorre.....
I totally agree with that! I think there are two teams of people working on this game. Those who love to make games, to improve this game and to add new features etc (as we can see with updates) and those who love to earn money. Because that's what they want. They want us to spend real money for lp's and whatever, so that we don't have to play this game 24/7 but still can have fun with all the game features/items. Too bad most of the games nowadays (ipad/iphone apps) are like this. :(
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Does anyone know when the survivalist event starts? I was doing the lp grind so I'd be ready, but lately I've not had much time to play. :cry:
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I don't want another quest, I want a break. They've been so back to back and with having to (feeling more like forced to) make so many LPs to keep up, that I'm not actually playing with my sims. I have totally lost working on my storyline. This has become work, and I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Well... I get that they are in the business to make money and those graphics, which rawks by the way, don't come cheap...nor should they. I just need it to be a little less "pressured" but I think most love the frequent updates so I know I'm in a minority. I just made the choice to miss some things and play my way. I love my Sims and my little town but I see the appeal to buying Sims games to play on the computer. I wish they'd sell this game like that and you buy the expansion packs or quests as downloads when you want to and they got the money that way. I dunno I'm just whining. Ignore me. I'll get over it. I go thru these times. Hahahaha....