[EVENT] Designer Rugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by Perturbee »

chamilet wrote:So if I haven't completed the Survivalist hobby at all yet (still working on the quest to open the area), does that mean I'll miss out? Or will I work on that instead of whatever the prize is for completing it the first time?
It's a bit hard to predict, we haven't had a mix of time-limited and date-limited events yet.

The first one you'll get once starting the survivalist hobby is time-limited. The Outdoors event is date-limited (runs from the 13th until the 20th). So it either resets the one in progress and presents you with the new Outdoors event (like with other hobbies), or the event follows up on it, once you've completed the first one, giving you the remaining time until the 20th.

With the wonky timers of the game, you might lose out on the picnic basket (time-limited prize) if the event overrides it.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Perturbee wrote:
chamilet wrote:So if I haven't completed the Survivalist hobby at all yet (still working on the quest to open the area), does that mean I'll miss out? Or will I work on that instead of whatever the prize is for completing it the first time?
It's a bit hard to predict, we haven't had a mix of time-limited and date-limited events yet.

The first one you'll get once starting the survivalist hobby is time-limited. The Outdoors event is date-limited (runs from the 13th until the 20th). So it either resets the one in progress and presents you with the new Outdoors event (like with other hobbies), or the event follows up on it, once you've completed the first one, giving you the remaining time until the 20th.

With the wonky timers of the game, you might lose out on the picnic basket (time-limited prize) if the event overrides it.
:|

Looks like I'd better start grinding for LPs.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

So, one of the events gave us the new sets of rugs. We've been decorating homes with these new rugs for a while now and I must say, I really don't like them! :( Am I the only one who is not happy with these rugs? I mean, it is really cool to have new rugs but they kind of don't look like rugs. It's the shape for sure (too angular), but even the patterns are too modern or something like that. I really wonder where they got their inspiration.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Huaca Flora wrote:So, one of the events gave us the new sets of rugs. We've been decorating homes with these new rugs for a while now and I must say, I really don't like them! :( Am I the only one who is not happy with these rugs? I mean, it is really cool to have new rugs but they kind of don't look like rugs. It's the shape for sure (too angular), but even the patterns are too modern or something like that. I really wonder where they got their inspiration.
I'm not a huge fan of them. We are supposed to be getting more rugs in one of the Halloween quests, and if they're from the promo, I'd be happy with those, as they looked better.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Huaca Flora wrote:So, one of the events gave us the new sets of rugs. We've been decorating homes with these new rugs for a while now and I must say, I really don't like them! :( Am I the only one who is not happy with these rugs? I mean, it is really cool to have new rugs but they kind of don't look like rugs. It's the shape for sure (too angular), but even the patterns are too modern or something like that. I really wonder where they got their inspiration.
You are not alone there...I don't care the current rug sets either. Different shaped rugs would be nice to "earn" considering the amount of work required to complete quests and tasks.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

playsims wrote:Nice! I really like more plants & lights....not so much on the tents. Seldom make use of of the sleeping bags. But mostly i wish for new furniture. It's really getting boring using the same stuff on almost every sim house, especially the single beds. I hope EA add more on the single Adult beds design.
I agree...more home decorative items such as plants and lights offer more use over the tents and sleeping bags. The new furniture additions are LONG overdue. I am patiently waiting to get a diverse set of new furniture. :roll:
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

telemwill wrote:I'm probably gonna skip the survivalist event. I really have no hope of finishing it without using many lps. I would be willing if it were just one grid, but I'm not doing seven.
Grids...7, 9, 12 and each several times to earn all of the prizes...SUPER tedious, draining, and boring. :arrow:
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Butterfly wrote:
playsims wrote:Nice! I really like more plants & lights....not so much on the tents. Seldom make use of of the sleeping bags. But mostly i wish for new furniture. It's really getting boring using the same stuff on almost every sim house, especially the single beds. I hope EA add more on the single Adult beds design.
I agree...more home decorative items such as plants and lights offer more use over the tents and sleeping bags. The new furniture additions are LONG overdue. I am patiently waiting to get a diverse set of new furniture. :roll:
I too would love new furniture.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Dellie wrote:I'm not a huge fan of them. We are supposed to be getting more rugs in one of the Halloween quests, and if they're from the promo, I'd be happy with those, as they looked better.
Indeed, I hope so too! They would be the best if they add oval and round shaped ruges too. But maybe I'm asking too much now :P
Butterfly wrote:You are not alone there...I don't care the current rug sets either. Different shaped rugs would be nice to "earn" considering the amount of work required to complete quests and tasks.
I agree with that. They should have put more effort in the creation and in the details of the rugs.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1