Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [EVENT] Party Time Live Event

Post by Rosie »

Thuraya wrote: 02 May 2017, 06:09
Rosie wrote: 02 May 2017, 05:45
mockingbird288z wrote: 02 May 2017, 02:09
Rosie wrote: 02 May 2017, 00:22 We had to be a level 7 for the hospital, film makers etc.. and at that time I was a level 5. Oh well.
Just a quick note: nothing in the game requires any VIP levels. Level 7 VIP adds a perk to be able to upgrade more than one workstation at a time but it is not required for any of the professions workplace.
:Rosie" wrote:Does anyone know if our couples can slow dance? The DJ plays pretty slow dance music, but I can't get any of my couples to slow dance.
Thanks! :)
So far sims can still only slow dance at the restaurant. :(
Thanks Leah! I wonder why they play the slow dance song. Oh well. They look pretty funny with some of these dances. :lol:
With the medium sized dancefloor tiles you get an option for a romantic dance as a couple. You have to choose "wait for dance partner" and then make a second sim join the first. I don't know the exact wording in English here because I play my game in another language.

But this dance is not the same as the one in the restaurant. The dancing couple looks a little shy and cautious, like teenies trying to do something romantic for the first time in their life. :lol:
20170502_074754.jpg
LOL. They do look like teens at a Jr high school dance, but still very cute. Thanks for the info!
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

:Rosie" wrote:Does anyone know if our couples can slow dance? The DJ plays pretty slow dance music, but I can't get any of my couples to slow dance.
Thanks! :)
So far sims can still only slow dance at the restaurant. :(
[/quote]

Thanks Leah! I wonder why they play the slow dance song. Oh well. They look pretty funny with some of these dances. :lol:
[/quote]

With the medium sized dancefloor tiles you get an option for a romantic dance as a couple. You have to choose "wait for dance partner" and then make a second sim join the first. I don't know the exact wording in English here because I play my game in another language.

But this dance is not the same as the one in the restaurant. The dancing couple looks a little shy and cautious, like teenies trying to do something romantic for the first time in their life. :lol:
20170502_074754.jpg
[/quote]

LOL. They do look like teens at a Jr high school dance, but still very cute. Thanks for the info!
[/quote]

I can't get any of my couples to dance on the Purple dance tiles. Do you turn in the slow dance music first, or click the tile first? I'm just getting funky dance, step n sassy & Do those hips. Could you walk me through the order? Thank you!!
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Rosie,

You can still dance on the dance floor even if you haven't turned it on. Also, romantic dance is not limited for couples, you can still perform it with anyone.

Edit: Oh I understand. Romantic Dance option is not available on small dance floor, you can only perform it on large/medium dance floor like in the picture.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

I've been wondering about one thing. Well, two things.

Will there be a grace period? I'm missing 90 CCs and have 11h left. Might be doable. But I'll be cutting it very close.

And one other thing - mere curiosity this time - do you know how they calculate the amount of money you receive in the end for leftover resources? I'm continuing to collect the other items as well till they ask for a restock - and I realised that I didn't know this. Now I'm curious!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Oscar wrote: 03 May 2017, 18:18 I've been wondering about one thing. Well, two things.

Will there be a grace period? I'm missing 90 CCs and have 11h left. Might be doable. But I'll be cutting it very close.

And one other thing - mere curiosity this time - do you know how they calculate the amount of money you receive in the end for leftover resources? I'm continuing to collect the other items as well till they ask for a restock - and I realised that I didn't know this. Now I'm curious!
There should be a grace period. It's 3 days now instead of 7, though.

It's roughly §0.5 per 1 resource. I had 5,407 candles left, 1,745 pottery, 2,195 jewelry left, 1,089 glassware left, and 6 CC's left for a total of 10,442 resources and got §5,223 in exchange. For the day care event I ended with 37,595 candles left, 10,433 pottery left, 12,119 jewelry left, 2,362 glassware left, and 133 CC's left and got §31,323. And I had the same conversion rate for the French Romance event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

mockingbird288z wrote: 03 May 2017, 18:35 There should be a grace period. It's 3 days now instead of 7, though.

It's roughly §0.5 per 1 resource. I had 5,407 candles left, 1,745 pottery, 2,195 jewelry left, 1,089 glassware left, and 6 CC's left for a total of 10,442 resources and got §5,223 in exchange. For the day care event I ended with 37,595 candles left, 10,433 pottery left, 12,119 jewelry left, 2,362 glassware left, and 133 CC's left and got §31,323. And I had the same conversion rate for the French Romance event.
Thanks! I'd rather send them to work then, bothering with additional resources doesn't seem sensible. And tbh, I've done enough grinding to last for a lifetime - I really dislike those live events. Especially if they're that dreadfully short.

And it's good to hear about the grace period - if I do manage to get enough CCs (looks like it), only to miss out on buying the stuff - not a nice thought.
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

Twelve hours to go and only short 13 cc. Haven't used any sp, so pretty chuffed. Hoping this last lot of candles wI'll do it so I can start planting with all my sims overnight. Nèed to build resources on my new game!
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
serah91
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by serah91 »

Omg is there a grace period?? I didn't particularly want to spend money but I've invested so much time to not get the party house! If there's even just a day added I'll be a happy girl. Can anyone confirm?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

serah91 wrote: 03 May 2017, 21:42 Omg is there a grace period?? I didn't particularly want to spend money but I've invested so much time to not get the party house! If there's even just a day added I'll be a happy girl. Can anyone confirm?
All of these types of events have had grace periods. We can't collect resources during the grace period, however. The grace period is only to use SP to make up missing resources.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
serah91
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by serah91 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 03 May 2017, 22:35
serah91 wrote: 03 May 2017, 21:42 Omg is there a grace period?? I didn't particularly want to spend money but I've invested so much time to not get the party house! If there's even just a day added I'll be a happy girl. Can anyone confirm?
All of these types of events have had grace periods. We can't collect resources during the grace period, however. The grace period is only to use SP to make up missing resources.
I've never been so close before so never noticed but good to know! Thank you