Dance Party Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Dance Party Update - Marketplace Events

Post by mockingbird288z »

I got the rocket ship ride and tan circle rugs. Thanks to being in the game on and off throughout the day for the prom event I finished this pretty quickly. I just need 3 more rugs now.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

I got the Robocat, which I'm not interested in, but I will complete the event and see if I get offered it again. It seems that prizes do repeat ... fondue set 3 times? Or could the repeat offerings be due to not completing the event?
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

annarose wrote: 08 May 2017, 02:55 I got the Robocat, which I'm not interested in, but I will complete the event and see if I get offered it again. It seems that prizes do repeat ... fondue set 3 times? Or could the repeat offerings be due to not completing the event?
I have completed every single marketplace event. I have two fondue sets in my inventory from the previous marketplace events and will be adding a third at the end of this one. I have all six slots unlocked and workplaces (excluding hospital) are over 90% so the marketplace events are quick and easy for me, so I just do them all.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 08 May 2017, 02:40 I got the rocket ship ride and tan circle rugs. Thanks to being in the game on and off throughout the day for the prom event I finished this pretty quickly. I just need 3 more rugs now.
Leah, how do you know you only need 3 more rugs? Is there a master list somewhere? I'd love to know how many I have left, especially in repeat prize marketplace events.

I'm about 4,000 away from finishing this event for the black piano. :)
Level 55; Penthouse Update
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 May 2017, 16:52
garishplum wrote: 07 May 2017, 16:28 Rocket ride for me this time. Anyone notice that the resource spin for the police station is finally only 4 hours instead of 24?
Mine's still every 24 hours. :?
I must be going cross eyed, but I swear it said 4 hours last night.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

ellasweet wrote: 08 May 2017, 03:05
annarose wrote: 08 May 2017, 02:55 I got the Robocat, which I'm not interested in, but I will complete the event and see if I get offered it again. It seems that prizes do repeat ... fondue set 3 times? Or could the repeat offerings be due to not completing the event?
I have completed every single marketplace event. I have two fondue sets in my inventory from the previous marketplace events and will be adding a third at the end of this one. I have all six slots unlocked and workplaces (excluding hospital) are over 90% so the marketplace events are quick and easy for me, so I just do them all.
Well that is useful to know ... thank you.
MoltresRider
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

unlucky Simtown market events

Post by MoltresRider »

My wife, sister, brother, and my daughter all have been getting some pretty sweet Simtown market events like skateboard event, rocket ship event, and fortune teller event, whereas I am getting stuff like dragon statue event. Stuff already available in the game. I already had dragon statue event three times in a row, before that was skeleton even which I will never use since I don't do haunted houses. I also had robo-dog event, never will use that either as I do not buy dogs, only cats, dragons, fairy, and deer. But I won't even buy a robo-cat.

I rarely get an unlock from these events, only a "You can buy one for free" of already available home store items type of event when my family gets all the good stuff that adds new content to their game. I am level 53, and the only one above me is my wife at 55. The rest are 30s and 40s, so it is definitely not level related. VIP 2 and my wife is VIP 11, sister VIP 10, and daughter 0. That does not seem to be a factor either.

Is anybody else have had this bad luck experience with Simtown market events?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

alligatorade52 wrote: 08 May 2017, 03:18
mockingbird288z wrote: 08 May 2017, 02:40 I got the rocket ship ride and tan circle rugs. Thanks to being in the game on and off throughout the day for the prom event I finished this pretty quickly. I just need 3 more rugs now.
Leah, how do you know you only need 3 more rugs? Is there a master list somewhere? I'd love to know how many I have left, especially in repeat prize marketplace events.

I'm about 4,000 away from finishing this event for the black piano. :)
A master list of the rugs can be found here or here. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: unlucky Simtown market events

Post by simmare »

Have you updated to the latest update, Dance Party? Marketplace event prizes changed with that update, with 4 new ones - rocket ship ride, fortune-teller booth, skate ramp, and black piano. I used to be unenthused with MP prizes until this update, because I never got anything new, likely because I have pretty much everything released thus far.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I have the skate ramp (still waiting for the black piano...) and zig-zag (orange) rugs for 63,000. This time I want the final prize but not the rugs - for the first time ever. Those orange rugs are really ugly
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1