All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

Post by SIMazing »

mockingbird288z wrote: 24 May 2017, 03:37
SIMazing wrote: 23 May 2017, 01:27 I'm in that grace period where I can spend 286 SPs if I want the last item (the Dry Hard dryer), and am not sure if that unlocks the Laundrette Royale. It's further than I expected to get. I know I can keep going, but I'm tired of spinning for CCs and SPs. It isn't fun to me. So I'm going to wait for the repeat of this event (if there is one). And meanwhile, my sims can wash in the house and dry outside (when it isn't raining).
I'm not sure if your grace period is up or not but just so you know for future, if you had spent the 286SPs to unlock your last item the Dry Hard dryer it would have then unlocked the Laundrette Royale.
Great to know! Don't worry about missing my grace period. I didn't actually have enough SPs (only about 110), and would have had to spin for the other 176 using LPs. Since that jackpot is had to come by I decided to move on. Besides, I don't think that I unlocked everything on the bar (IIRC I still had one more CC to go).

How will the repeat work (I've never re-done an event like this)? Will I have to unlock the dryer all over again, or just the last few items on the bar? (TIA!)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SIMazing wrote: 25 May 2017, 09:35
mockingbird288z wrote: 24 May 2017, 03:37
SIMazing wrote: 23 May 2017, 01:27 I'm in that grace period where I can spend 286 SPs if I want the last item (the Dry Hard dryer), and am not sure if that unlocks the Laundrette Royale. It's further than I expected to get. I know I can keep going, but I'm tired of spinning for CCs and SPs. It isn't fun to me. So I'm going to wait for the repeat of this event (if there is one). And meanwhile, my sims can wash in the house and dry outside (when it isn't raining).
I'm not sure if your grace period is up or not but just so you know for future, if you had spent the 286SPs to unlock your last item the Dry Hard dryer it would have then unlocked the Laundrette Royale.
Great to know! Don't worry about missing my grace period. I didn't actually have enough SPs (only about 110), and would have had to spin for the other 176 using LPs. Since that jackpot is had to come by I decided to move on. Besides, I don't think that I unlocked everything on the bar (IIRC I still had one more CC to go).

How will the repeat work (I've never re-done an event like this)? Will I have to unlock the dryer all over again, or just the last few items on the bar? (TIA!)
You will pick up the event in the exact same spot. So the dryer will still be unlocked. Unfortunately you will have to start with 0 resources but all the stations will still be unlocked, too.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

I can't find the brilliant benches corner units. I have the units with clothes in them under the counter tab but not the corner ones. Any ideas please?
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
mockingbird288z

Chezza wrote: 31 May 2017, 19:57 Image
I can't find the brilliant benches corner units. I have the units with clothes in them under the counter tab but not the corner ones. Any ideas please?
I have them in the countertops tab with the other counters. :?
IMG_4913.JPG

They are the fourth set of counters between the "Laundry" set and the "Washing Tall" set.
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

mockingbird288z wrote: 31 May 2017, 20:26

IMG_4913.JPG

They are the fourth set of counters between the "Laundry" set and the "Washing Tall" set.
Thanks Mockingbird. Now I realise the small counters I have are called 'linen'. I think the benches were the thing I didn't purchase due to insufficient resources. Too many active tasks going on at one time, combined with a hectic real life has left me a little confused :?
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
mockingbird288z

Chezza wrote: 31 May 2017, 21:41
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 May 2017, 20:26

IMG_4913.JPG

Thanks Mockingbird. Now I realise the small counters I have are called 'linen'. I think the benches were the thing I didn't purchase due to insufficient resources. Too many active tasks going on at one time, combined with a hectic real life has left me a little confused :?
There were a lot of counters in this event - it's really easy to get what counters came with what pack mixed up! :)
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Can the Laundrette Royal only be build on premium lots? I've finished this but I didn't see the template as I wanted to build a house on a standard lot today.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
mockingbird288z

Lenny wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 21:16 Can the Laundrette Royal only be build on premium lots? I've finished this but I didn't see the template as I wanted to build a house on a standard lot today.
The Laundrette Royal isn't a house template. It's the Pro Dryer, Pro Washer, Black Squares flooring, Grey Squares flooring, Tan Squares flooring, and Marble Squares flooring.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

mockingbird288z wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 23:25
Lenny wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 21:16 Can the Laundrette Royal only be build on premium lots? I've finished this but I didn't see the template as I wanted to build a house on a standard lot today.
The Laundrette Royal isn't a house template. It's the Pro Dryer, Pro Washer, Black Squares flooring, Grey Squares flooring, Tan Squares flooring, and Marble Squares flooring.
Thanks! I thought it was also a template. Not that I wanted to built it. I just wanteid to check if it has something new in whuch case I would have build it.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London