[LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: 21 May 2017, 23:41 Weren't we suppose to get bunk beds with this update?
I believe they will be a prize for the Teen Life hobby event that is still to come. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I agree that these events need to be 7 days. If it was, I probably would've unlocked everything. I also agree that 1,2, and 3 construction coin prizes need to go away. I think the minimum prize in the construction coin plant should be 5 construction coins. I would use 450 candles at a time and only receive 1 construction coin. I really didn't want to spend money and buy sp's. I think when you have leftover resources, you can carry them over to the next event. I do know they'll have another event like this in the future. I was hoping that when my sim was loading the washer, that they would've had their own clothes in the basket, for example jeans, dresses, and baby onesies. I wonder what the next live event we'll have in the game next? Maybe we're getting dishwashers!! One can only hope.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

I finished with 24 hours to spare, thanks to setting my alarm and using 1sp to get the full bonus. This is something I've not done in the past because I've never had more than 50sp at one time, but with all these live events, I recently did a lot of flower spinning and was lucky with those. I think perhaps those bonuses made the difference for me. It also only worked because I've been off work (sick) since the event began, which I doubt will happen next time.

I too like all the new items from the recent live events; the washer/dryer action is great! Much like my older machines. :) I do wish we got laundry baskets...it's so I satisfying to watch the full basket disappear. And no task to move clothes from the washer to the dryer or fold clothes (and maybe even put away in a dresser). It's great we get this new, desired items; a little more thought wouldn't kill FM. And 7 days seems completely manageable, especially for those of us with jobs!

OMGosh, Leah, budgeting for store packs. :lol: I've never spent money in the game, I did purchase the pool cleaner years ago with a gift card. That's the only way I'll ever 'buy' anything.
Level 55; Penthouse Update
SaltyFrog75
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SaltyFrog75 »

Once again I didn't complete the event, but I did get everything except the ironing board. :)
elletheheiress
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by elletheheiress »

I also agree that the events should be a minimum of 7 days. When I saw this one was 5 days my first thought was, "That's oddly short."

I kept getting 3 & 2 CC payouts. I have only hit the jackpot once and that was several events ago. I didn't get a single 20 or 12 payout this time, but I usually get them 2 or 3 times during an event. That was disappointing.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

missed out on the washing machine and dryer. just short of having enough SP to buy one of them.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I'm in that grace period where I can spend 286 SPs if I want the last item (the Dry Hard dryer), and am not sure if that unlocks the Laundrette Royale. It's further than I expected to get. I know I can keep going, but I'm tired of spinning for CCs and SPs. It isn't fun to me. So I'm going to wait for the repeat of this event (if there is one). And meanwhile, my sims can wash in the house and dry outside (when it isn't raining).
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

SIMazing wrote: 23 May 2017, 01:27 I'm in that grace period where I can spend 286 SPs if I want the last item (the Dry Hard dryer), and am not sure if that unlocks the Laundrette Royale. It's further than I expected to get. I know I can keep going, but I'm tired of spinning for CCs and SPs. It isn't fun to me. So I'm going to wait for the repeat of this event (if there is one). And meanwhile, my sims can wash in the house and dry outside (when it isn't raining).
I'm not sure if your grace period is up or not but just so you know for future, if you had spent the 286SPs to unlock your last item the Dry Hard dryer it would have then unlocked the Laundrette Royale.
mockingbird288z

alligatorade52 wrote: 22 May 2017, 03:12 OMGosh, Leah, budgeting for store packs. :lol: I've never spent money in the game, I did purchase the pool cleaner years ago with a gift card. That's the only way I'll ever 'buy' anything.
It's an attempt to prevent impulse purchases! :lol: I don't buy currency or anything that I can work to get in-game, though. I don't go to the movies much, I check books and movies out at the library, and I don't drink coffee so no big Starbucks habit. So I tell myself a little purchase here and there isn't all that bad for a game I've been playing for over 5 years.

My biggest concern at this point is how many more months/years the game has left. Up until they started with all these new bundles last year I had only spent about $15. Now it's definitely more than that. I don't regret any purchases but I would like to get some use out of them.
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 24 May 2017, 03:50
alligatorade52 wrote: 22 May 2017, 03:12 OMGosh, Leah, budgeting for store packs. :lol: I've never spent money in the game, I did purchase the pool cleaner years ago with a gift card. That's the only way I'll ever 'buy' anything.
It's an attempt to prevent impulse purchases! :lol: I don't buy currency or anything that I can work to get in-game, though. I don't go to the movies much, I check books and movies out at the library, and I don't drink coffee so no big Starbucks habit. So I tell myself a little purchase here and there isn't all that bad for a game I've been playing for over 5 years.

My biggest concern at this point is how many more months/years the game has left. Up until they started with all these new bundles last year I had only spent about $15. Now it's definitely more than that. I don't regret any purchases but I would like to get some use out of them.
Makes total sense! Definitely better than spending willy-nilly. I also wonder how long the game will continue to be updated/supported. I'm not too worried I guess, hopefully we'll still be able to play; there just won't be any updates or anything new. The upside would be no constant grinding away for currencies!
Level 55; Penthouse Update