[EVENT] Teen Life

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Teen Life

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: 31 May 2017, 01:27
HanaV47 wrote: 31 May 2017, 00:40 I don't think it matters which amount of time you take for the singing, since that's just due to whether you're using a one-star or three-star microphone.
OK. I'll try the 4 hour one. Thanks! I'm using the 3 star microphone. I thought someone here told me to use the one that said "write song." She's doing the 5 hour one now, so when she gets down to 2:59, I'll use 2 LP's and see what happens. :?
Sounds like your teen is also working on an entertainer life dream which means you are seeing two actions when you tap on an instrument. You do want the "write song" action but the time limit can vary depending on the star of the instrument. A 3-star microphone's "write song" action should be 4 hours, not 5. The 1-star "write song" action is 5 hours.

Whichever star instrument you use just make sure you select the action that has the Teen Idol hobby icon on it and not the Life Dream icon or regular Fun icon.
IMG_4887.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote: 31 May 2017, 03:26
Rosie wrote: 31 May 2017, 01:27
HanaV47 wrote: 31 May 2017, 00:40 I don't think it matters which amount of time you take for the singing, since that's just due to whether you're using a one-star or three-star microphone.
OK. I'll try the 4 hour one. Thanks! I'm using the 3 star microphone. I thought someone here told me to use the one that said "write song." She's doing the 5 hour one now, so when she gets down to 2:59, I'll use 2 LP's and see what happens. :?
Sounds like your teen is also working on an entertainer life dream which means you are seeing two actions when you tap on an instrument. You do want the "write song" action but the time limit can vary depending on the star of the instrument. A 3-star microphone's "write song" action should be 4 hours, not 5. The 1-star "write song" action is 5 hours.

Whichever star instrument you use just make sure you select the action that has the Teen Idol hobby icon on it and not the Life Dream icon or regular Fun icon.

IMG_4887.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
Thank you! I think that's what I was doing and using only a 2 star microphone. I've got it fixed now. :)
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

Does anyone else find it at all irritating that there aren't regular sleep actions for the bunk beds? I like the new actions, but they should've been in addition to regular sleep. Ugh! :cry:
Level 55; Penthouse Update
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

alligatorade52 wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 23:32 Does anyone else find it at all irritating that there aren't regular sleep actions for the bunk beds? I like the new actions, but they should've been in addition to regular sleep. Ugh! :cry:
Yes! And also irritating that preteens can't use them at all, because they seem more the right age for bunk beds.
HFN is by the fire station.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

minisaga wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 00:29
alligatorade52 wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 23:32 Does anyone else find it at all irritating that there aren't regular sleep actions for the bunk beds? I like the new actions, but they should've been in addition to regular sleep. Ugh! :cry:
Yes! And also irritating that preteens can't use them at all, because they seem more the right age for bunk beds.
Yeah, as much as I love the fact that we have bunk beds now, I can't say I'm thrilled at their odd limits. If I use them, it'll be for the aesthetics.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

minisaga wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 00:29 Yes! And also irritating that preteens can't use them at all, because they seem more the right age for bunk beds.
I know, they're definitely the more appropriate age, and more likely to have sleepovers than teens.
whoviandragon wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 16:46 Yeah, as much as I love the fact that we have bunk beds now, I can't say I'm thrilled at their odd limits. If I use them, it'll be for the aesthetics.
I feel exactly the same way. Who has a sleepover that's only a couple hours? Maybe kids only get a couple hours of actual sleep, and the rest of the time they're up talking and such, but it's still unrealistic. It makes no sense! :?

I could be fine with the fact the preteens can't use them as long as they were like regular beds... But I'm just disappointed all around with them. :(
Level 55; Penthouse Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Is this event repeating? I got a notice that it began, but I finished it last time so no pop up.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Nkara
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nkara »

I got the pop-up but accidently clicked "no" to starting the event, how do I start it now? If I go into the Teen Idol hobby it doesn't show the items for me, so I guess I have to click "yes" in the pop-up?
Game Center: Luckymoneyfrog
HFN on 22 Westside (starter house)
Nkara
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Nkara »

Nkara wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 09:41 I got the pop-up but accidently clicked "no" to starting the event, how do I start it now? If I go into the Teen Idol hobby it doesn't show the items for me, so I guess I have to click "yes" in the pop-up?
Nevermind, found it in the tasks section of course. :)
Game Center: Luckymoneyfrog
HFN on 22 Westside (starter house)