Penthouse Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Penthouse Update - Changes

Post by HanaV47 »

My game just updated (installed a patch or something?) when I opened it. Anyone know what that was?
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
warior
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by warior »

HanaV47 wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 09:03 My game just updated (installed a patch or something?) when I opened it. Anyone know what that was?
Since last patch this happens every week - small updates 7-8 MB.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 21:02
mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 20:32
monelley wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 01:59 I just noticed this
What were you doing to get this pop up? I'm having trouble reading it. It says you have a sim visiting a neighbor's town?
It's when you select your travelling sim in the sim tracker. It asks whether you would like to bring them home or visit them. If you bring them home it interrupts whatever they are doing and returns them to your town. Convenient, but would suck to do it accidentally when they're partway through a long task.
And if they're completely done with a task and you accidently tap "bring home" instead of "visit", you lose the completion and have to start over. I'm a freqent accidental tapper and dread losing an all day task like pumpkins. What is the advantage of this new option?
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

SKatF wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 19:24
contrarysims wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 21:02
mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 20:32
monelley wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 01:59 I just noticed this
What were you doing to get this pop up? I'm having trouble reading it. It says you have a sim visiting a neighbor's town?
It's when you select your travelling sim in the sim tracker. It asks whether you would like to bring them home or visit them. If you bring them home it interrupts whatever they are doing and returns them to your town. Convenient, but would suck to do it accidentally when they're partway through a long task.
And if they're completely done with a task and you accidently tap "bring home" instead of "visit", you lose the completion and have to start over. I'm a freqent accidental tapper and dread losing an all day task like pumpkins. What is the advantage of this new option?
There were people experiencing some kind of bug whose game would crash instantly when visiting the neighborhood their sim was currently in. They could not only not call him back in any way, they also couldn't visit any other neighbor nor save their game to the cloud!
I suppose this change is meant as a fix for this problem. Now when your game crashes with your sim in a neighbor's town, at least you can call him back.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Just got two Sims married for the first time in a while and this popped up after I selected the "Get Married" option. Is this new for this update?
Screenshot_2017-06-27-14-33-37.png
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

whoviandragon wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 18:37 Just got two Sims married for the first time in a while and this popped up after I selected the "Get Married" option. Is this new for this update?
No, that happened with the February 2016 Romance update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 18:46
whoviandragon wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 18:37 Just got two Sims married for the first time in a while and this popped up after I selected the "Get Married" option. Is this new for this update?
No, that happened with the February 2016 Romance update.
Okay, now I see. Ever since I got the wedding venue on the island, that's all I've been using and it doesn't ask there, as far as I remember. Thanks!
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Hair event again?

Post by Thiscat06 »

I read on a group on Facebook that another long hair event is coming soon. I kinda want a quest for new content and more interactions between sims and clothes for ALL ages. I've grown tired of collecting. We've had several hobby and live events lately. I did like that we had a quest during the current update.
mockingbird288z

Re: Hair event again?

Post by mockingbird288z »

Thiscat06 wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 22:22 I read on a group on Facebook that another long hair event is coming soon. I kinda want a quest for new content and more interactions between sims and clothes for ALL ages. I've grown tired of collecting. We've had several hobby and live events lately. I did like that we had a quest during the current update.
I've moved your post to the Penthouse update topic. The Long Hair event is indeed returning in this update as posted here.

I'm happy to see a repeat event coming. It means a break in the game for me!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

Oh ok. Hopefully in the next update, they have a quest, new content and more interactions. Interactions like more adult interactions, baby to baby interactions, baby to toddler interactions, baby to preteen interactions, and more baby to adult interactions. I think it's weird that toddlers can interact and become friends with each other but babies can't. They can't even interact with an older sibling. I bet that we get another crafting event the next update.