Penthouse Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Penthouse Update - Changes

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Where sims tend to wait their turn for the other stairs now, I'm finding that with these new penthouse stairs, if one sim is on the stairs, the second just refuses.
Updated town info in profile
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 15:13 Where sims tend to wait their turn for the other stairs now, I'm finding that with these new penthouse stairs, if one sim is on the stairs, the second just refuses.
Maybe because they realize how unsafe they are, lol.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

chamilet wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 14:10
Simsaddict456 wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 22:15 If we can have stairs like this in real life I think sims can survive without a railing on one type of stairs :lol: I like them ;)
One drunken night is all it would take to lead to death here. :o
In the US, the federal regulations require a railing on the open side of any stairs with more than 4 treads. Some local regulations are stricter. Insurance companies can also refuse to insure homes that don't comply with additional safety regulations they dream up. I know someone whose home insurance was recently cancelled without notice after a random insurance inspection by a company who had covered her home for 20 years. She had a long time existing deck on the back of her house that was two steps up (about a foot off the grass) and was unrailed. This was completely legal construction in her locality. If she adds a railing all around and down the open side of the steps, they will consider insuring her home again. I guess our Sims don't have these problems!
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 04:07
In the US, the federal regulations require a railing on the open side of any stairs with more than 4 treads. Some local regulations are stricter. Insurance companies can also refuse to insure homes that don't comply with additional safety regulations they dream up. I know someone whose home insurance was recently cancelled without notice after a random insurance inspection by a company who had covered her home for 20 years. She had a long time existing deck on the back of her house that was two steps up (about a foot off the grass) and was unrailed. This was completely legal construction in her locality. If she adds a railing all around and down the open side of the steps, they will consider insuring her home again. I guess our Sims don't have these problems!
You silly Americans ;) Now I'm interested if anything like this exsist where I'm from..
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

SKatF wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 04:07
chamilet wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 14:10
Simsaddict456 wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 22:15 If we can have stairs like this in real life I think sims can survive without a railing on one type of stairs :lol: I like them ;)
One drunken night is all it would take to lead to death here. :o
No Way! Things are nuts in the US, aren't they? That's ludicrous. I did have a guy friend from college have a bad drunken fall on steep steps, but thankfully he survived. That was about 10/15 yrs ago. I do like my penthouse steps, but in reality I probably wouldn't do so well on them after one glass of wine. ;)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I'm pretty sure we have a similar rule in Canada...
Updated town info in profile
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

The diving board for the rooftop pool with no fence or anything scares me more than the stairs! At least you can only fall one story with those...
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

The lack of pool fencing really bothers me, too. Not sure what the rules are around the world but here we must have tall, non climbable fences around our pools. I've always thought it so strange that it's not possible in the game, since firemonkeys are based in Australia and all.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

One of the things that I love about the Sims is that they never come to any harm ... they are pretty much indestructible. They can slave away all night and all day and do just about anything without any negative health and safety issues. It's nice to have a world where you don't have to worry about the realities and dangers of every day life, for any age group! :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

A tiny thing flashed my view in the game. I saw an adult sitting unoccupied on a chair using a phone. I watched her a little longer and saw different movements. This is new to me, but I'm not at all sure, if it's new to the game :oops:
Attachments
Adult sim using a phone.
Adult sim using a phone.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View