Penthouse Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
jessica
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Penthouse Update - Changes

Post by jessica »

contrarysims wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 06:26 I have also noticed some strange visual glitches with the balconies and patios.

There are also some ominous shadows on my houses with balcony rooftops, both in town view and when the lot is open. This house looks particularly weird, I think because there's internal courtyards and balconies that are showing through:
I got this shadows, too. But I don't think there's something showing through. We can't have angled courtyards or rooms and it's moving all over the place when you shift your view. Maybe they tried to introduce something like a clouded sky and light and shadow to the game and screwed up. We'll see. But I agree, this is quite annoying and very spurious.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

SIMazing wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 04:01
mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 23:12
Thiscat06 wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 14:39 I got a mystery box when I updated but I haven't seen it appear on any lots. I want the higher boxes because it contains items that I either missed or wasn't able to get.
If you go to the task manager and select the weekly tasks you can get to the Mystery Box Shop to either look at the prize pool for the different boxes or purchase a box.

The present at the front of a lot was a one time gift of two keys.
Just to add to this: you don't see the whole pool when you click on the (i). I was able to press it over and over again and get different options.

Personally, and as a long time player who doesn't spend money in the game, I'm super excited over the new mystery boxes! And it seems that I've unlocked these items so that I can purchase them freely now. I'm amazed! Here is a pic of my last two fortunate boxes (top two rows in one box, bottom row in previous box):

IMG_5846.JPG
Sorry, I messed up editing the quote before.
I wholeheartedly agree! The new boxes give long time players lots of exciting new prizes unlocked. As well, your picture shows we can still win LPs and 6 weeks to collect 6 keys is way better than the ten required
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
jessica
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jessica »

jessica wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 04:38
contrarysims wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 06:26 I have also noticed some strange visual glitches with the balconies and patios.
I got this shadows, too.... Maybe they tried to introduce something like a clouded sky and light and shadow to the game and screwed up.
Rethinking that theory, I got another one. As this behaviour coincides with the fix of other glitches in the game, EA bargained the fix of the other glitches for this visual defects. I guess they are perfectly aware of the problems but ignoring them for the moment.
markmi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by markmi »

I just noticed something new in this update. When Sims watch tv and sit sideways, they now look sideways as well. Only problem is.....THEY LOOK THE WRONG WAY.
FB: mark.sim.37853
GC: [Mark_Sim]

Quest house is in the lower left corner!
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

markmi wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 17:06 I just noticed something new in this update. When Sims watch tv and sit sideways, they now look sideways as well. Only problem is.....THEY LOOK THE WRONG WAY.
I just had to try that, you're right! It's just the slightest incline of the head in the wrong direction, as if they're expressing their disdain for the show.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I have a game that is fairly new - I've not done any of the DIY quests or the multi-story renovations quest so normally I can't see most of the architect houses but on this update I can and I can build them. There's a notification that I can't edit the house.
IMG_5913.JPG
I can't delete the extra floors or edit the balconies or the basement. I could delete the rooms on the upper floors - even when there were still rooms on the floors above (i.e., I could delete rooms on the second floor even when there were rooms directly above on the third floor.).
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kikai
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kikai »

SKatF wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 00:01 Haven't updated yet but this can be bad news if, like me, you've spent time reordering your inventory.
We're the same. My inventory was organized the way I wanted it. Now I would have to scroll the other way.
kikai
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kikai »

Are you guys missing some items? I used to have more than 10 of the pink record player. I removed 2-3 from the houses because they were floating. Now I don't have a any of it in my inventory.
kikai
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kikai »

Oh, I found it. It's in the pre-teens section! Sorry!
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 23:33 The Love is Blinds event will be a hobby event with the woodworking hobby and the original long hair event will be back.

IMG_9279.JPG

IMG_9280.JPG
I want Lorita's hairdo. The gal in pink from the you tube videos. Is that her name? I haven't skimmed all the posts yet & am a little confused. I hope we get her hairdo, or at least can purchase it.