All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Penthouse Update - Changes

Post by SKatF »

bluebeariscool wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 21:58
+.jana.+ wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 20:55 It looks like the inventory is reordered. Newest items first, oldest items last, i.e. reversed order since this update.
I noticed this also when I went to check on the orbs in my inventory. Newer items are definitely listed first. That's good for me No more scrolling through all the cruddy items I got early in the game because it was all I could afford that I probably wouldn't want to use now
Haven't updated yet but this can be bad news if, like me, you've spent time reordering your inventory.
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

mockingbird288z wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 23:05 The shoes that come with the Bandage Dresses were added to the shoes tab for anyone who has the dresses.

IMG_5300.JPG
I also notice that the seniors outfits that were available online, the hats ,shoes, and glasses for the males are available in their right section as well. The hair and glasses as well for female. Their hairstyle would be in the hats section tho.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

Lenny wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 20:56 I'm not happy with the changes for the mystery boxes. It surely is great for newer players to get missed stuff. But for a longtime player like I who hasn't missed much it is not worth it. I used the keys to get my LP and SP stocked up (and some ressources for the monuments). Now I just got stuff I already have. I just would have gotten my tenth key this week and was looking forward to get my LPs and SPs shortend through the last events stocked up again. Since I don't have the time to use hobbies for LP grinding the onl sources left to me now are the 3 LP the weekly tasks gives and the competition center. That's not much to stock up. I even got the toyota weigths which are free in my game anyway. So I feel cheated.
Same here. I have all the rare items and have no use for the bounty box.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

The ballet record player is fixed, and is no longer floating on the upper floors.
Rugs are now visible on balconies, however, the balcony now disappears when viewed from different angles. :o

This is an all brick balcony.
Image20170606_220843
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

glenkatko wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 03:05 The ballet record player is fixed, and is no longer floating on the upper floors.
Rugs are now visible on balconies, however, the balcony now disappears when viewed from different angles. :o

This is an all brick balcony.
Image20170606_220843
Like those glass floors at tourist locations...
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Lenny wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 20:56 I'm not happy with the changes for the mystery boxes. It surely is great for newer players to get missed stuff. But for a longtime player like I who hasn't missed much it is not worth it. I used the keys to get my LP and SP stocked up (and some ressources for the monuments). Now I just got stuff I already have. I just would have gotten my tenth key this week and was looking forward to get my LPs and SPs shortend through the last events stocked up again. Since I don't have the time to use hobbies for LP grinding the onl sources left to me now are the 3 LP the weekly tasks gives and the competition center. That's not much to stock up. I even got the toyota weigths which are free in my game anyway. So I feel cheated.

It's basically a gamble anyway.

I'm pretty sure log fireplace from ski resort, snowboards rack, frozen fountain, vineyards vines, bistro table, pirate dollhouse are new to the game.

I've never seen those before (except for some ski resort stuff).
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

garishplum wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 02:23
Same here. I have all the rare items and have no use for the bounty box.
I've got all the rare items, too, but I'm very excited I got the Latin dresses for free from the uncommon prizes instead of spending $10 for them. There's loads of new stuff or things from the online store that are uncommon prizes that will take me a long time to get. So as a long-time player who is only missing the TOM shoes (never going to get those, sigh) I think this is worth it. Since I don't need any of the "rare" prizes though I won't be buying the fortune box again. I did this one time just because but in the future I can get 2 more uncommon prizes from the bounty box for the same amount of keys as the fortune box.

Personally, I never liked the previous mystery box shop and weekly tasks. I preferred how it was originally - just an endless set of tasks that almost always gave 1LP for completing with no weekly time limit. I felt that the switch to a weekly time limit and the keys severely lowered the amount of LP we could earn from doing those general tasks. And then when they changed the price to skip tasks to 10LP - basically if you used LP to skip one task a week you might get all those LP back in the fortune box if you were lucky enough to get a good LP haul.

I understand the frustration, though, when the game changes and takes away your preferred method for doing something.

Note: This is my personal opinion as a player and not meant to be seen as the official view of the forum. I'm posting this as a player not as a moderator.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

minisaga wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 13:58
pinkribbon wrote: 06 Jun 2017, 13:32
I also got 2 free keys at one of my houses - did anyone else get them? They were in a box i had to unwrap by the mailbox.
I did. It brings my key total to three. I also noticed that some of the mystery box items I haven't seen before have also appeared as part of new packs in the online store.

I really want the yellow stool for Colonel Mustard's house :D
Ooh, I never thought to open the box. Have done now and got the two keys. Thanks for that.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

I have also noticed some strange visual glitches with the balconies and patios.

Part of this verandah is transparent, showing the concrete slab below:
IMG_2708.JPG
There are also some ominous shadows on my houses with balcony rooftops, both in town view and when the lot is open. This house looks particularly weird, I think because there's internal courtyards and balconies that are showing through:
IMG_2706.JPG
IMG_2707.JPG
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

That visual glitch happens to me as well.