[LIVE EVENT] Custom Closets Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Custom Closets Live Event

Post by 6lackestmoon »

Guys can anyone please tell me any tips for finishing this? Im so stressed about finishing it because i would have to finish the outdoor event before it! SHIT. :(
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

6lackestmoon wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 11:20 Guys can anyone please tell me any tips for finishing this? Im so stressed about finishing it because i would have to finish the outdoor event before it! SHIT. :(
These events do repeat occasionally. And most of the items from the closet event are popping up in architect homes. Just do what you can and don't stress about it. Doing the shortest tasks is better, as long as you can check in on the game that frequently.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

There are also some other tips in the first post.

I don't think you have to finish the outdoor event, before you can start the custom closet one. They are not quests, so they can be active at the same time. You only need 2 sims (one at a neighbor's town) for the outdoor event, so you should have enough for the closet one also.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

6lackestmoon wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 11:12
Hi! Im very new here lol. And if this is possible, can anybody please give me some tips with finishing a live event? Thanks :).
A lot of players like to use 1SP to speed up the actions at the last moments to get the bonus without having to use too many SPs.

And even when you have enough candles to buy the items that cost candles keep collecting candles so you have enough to keep spinning for CCs.

And plan out how to do the daily tasks. The daily tasks have one for buying or unlocking a prize. Hold off on buying prize packs until you need to buy one for to complete the daily task. You get a decent amount of CCs from doing the daily tasks so it's really important to make sure you can complete it everyday.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 18:49
6lackestmoon wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 11:12
Hi! Im very new here lol. And if this is possible, can anybody please give me some tips with finishing a live event? Thanks :).
A lot of players like to use 1SP to speed up the actions at the last moments to get the bonus without having to use too many SPs.

And even when you have enough candles to buy the items that cost candles keep collecting candles so you have enough to keep spinning for CCs.

And plan out how to do the daily tasks. The daily tasks have one for buying or unlocking a prize. Hold off on buying prize packs until you need to buy one for to complete the daily task. You get a decent amount of CCs from doing the daily tasks so it's really important to make sure you can complete it everyday.
THANK YOUUU! :)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I have some questions for someone who is doing this event and has a sim with the baby bonus.

1. Are the times reduced for the baby bonus sim?

2. If the time is reduced, does the sim with the bonus complete the task when the timer reaches 0?
Mariel Bravef
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Mariel Bravef »

SKatF wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 18:53
I am most excited about the ceiling lamp, even though it's over-ornate for my taste. I want more styles of these, since wall lamps take up the entire 1x1 space and can't be placed near doors. A small plain ceiling lamp would solve my lighting issues in halls and small bathrooms.
I like to use the "wedding downlight" from the Wedding Belles event for this purpose. It makes a nice small ceiling light for cramped quarters, even if it does kinda look like a smoke alarm XD

Also I believe there are a few little ceiling hung shade lamps in the maternity store? I only have unlocked one of them so far though. And it is a four square sized light, just like these closet chandeliers, though it looks a lot smaller.
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Mariel Bravef wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 05:12
SKatF wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 18:53
I am most excited about the ceiling lamp, even though it's over-ornate for my taste. I want more styles of these, since wall lamps take up the entire 1x1 space and can't be placed near doors. A small plain ceiling lamp would solve my lighting issues in halls and small bathrooms.
I like to use the "wedding downlight" from the Wedding Belles event for this purpose. It makes a nice small ceiling light for cramped quarters, even if it does kinda look like a smoke alarm XD

Also I believe there are a few little ceiling hung shade lamps in the maternity store? I only have unlocked one of them so far though. And it is a four square sized light, just like these closet chandeliers, though it looks a lot smaller.
Luckily for SKatF and all of us players that the Wedding Belles event and the "Wedding Downlight" light came just less than a month after SKat's post!
Maybe we should all thank SKatF for giving FM the idea!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Is it just me, or is this event easier than past events? I have two days left and have only one more item left to buy. I could finish it right now with 36 s.p.s if I wanted. Usually I am down to the wire spinning for those coins and trying desperately to get enough glassware, and still end up spending some s.p.s. The last event I managed to finish without spending anything, but it was still the last day. Not that I'm complaining! 😊

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

telemwill wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 13:57 Is it just me, or is this event easier than past events? I have two days left and have only one more item left to buy. I could finish it right now with 36 s.p.s if I wanted. Usually I am down to the wire spinning for those coins and trying desperately to get enough glassware, and still end up spending some s.p.s. The last event I managed to finish without spending anything, but it was still the last day. Not that I'm complaining! 😊

Ruth
And it is done! Wish they were all like this.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.