[LIVE EVENT] Custom Closets Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Custom Closets Live Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

jessica wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 14:59
Decoration only. They work like the bedroom cabinets. Which is a bit of a letdown in my opinion. The advertisement showed a Sim actually interacting with the closets. But no surprise.
Actually all but one have an interaction. The Dress Closests (Dawn, Dusk, and Dark) are the only ones that don't have an extra interaction. The mirrors one has two interactions (Admire Reflection for 48 seconds and Fall for Self for 8 minutes) and the closets have a 5 minute and 36 second action where the sim browses the closet and tries on different outfits. The action has a different name for each closet but it's all the same time length.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Happy to be finished and all cleaned up! I hope we get some time off before the next update full of activity shows up...I've been chipping away at renovating an apartment and I'm not getting very far!
Updated town info in profile
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SKatF wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 18:53 I was disappointed the mirrored closet was mirror actions, not closet actions. I would love a 1x1 footprint dresser or closet. I haven't bought any of the other closets yet, but I think open closets are useful only in some layouts. And they all seem to be girl clothes. Our poor male sims!
I agree! Open closets full of female clothes are /not/ very versatile. Now it just makes it look like the boys are being walked on by their better half. :/ "me? closet space? oh no i have my stuff in the cupboard under the stairs. my wifey thinks it's so fetching, kinda like a Harry Potter vibe to it? y'know, because i'm such a nerd and all?" *nervous laughter*
SKatF wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 18:53 I am most excited about the ceiling lamp, even though it's over-ornate for my taste. I want more styles of these, since wall lamps take up the entire 1x1 space and can't be placed near doors. A small plain ceiling lamp would solve my lighting issues in halls and small bathrooms.
THIS. AMEN!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

randy_thrandy wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 20:04
SKatF wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 18:53 I was disappointed the mirrored closet was mirror actions, not closet actions. I would love a 1x1 footprint dresser or closet. I haven't bought any of the other closets yet, but I think open closets are useful only in some layouts. And they all seem to be girl clothes. Our poor male sims!
I agree! Open closets full of female clothes are /not/ very versatile. Now it just makes it look like the boys are being walked on by their better half. :/ "me? closet space? oh no i have my stuff in the cupboard under the stairs. my wifey thinks it's so fetching, kinda like a Harry Potter vibe to it? y'know, because i'm such a nerd and all?" *nervous laughter*
Oh god I laughed at this. It reminds me of those HGTV real estate shows, where the couple insists they need a giant walk in wardrobe, but just for the wife's stuff "hahaha so witty". Always makes me eyeroll. My husband actually takes up considerably more closet space than I do. I'm always having to reign him back in, like, hey you're overflowing again, and you've stolen my share of the coat hangers.

The guys can use some of the laundry event stuff in their wardrobes, but it definitely would have been nice to have some dressy mens items on display.

Anyway, I only just finished this in time, using 17 SP for missing CC. I've been really busy lately so I wasn't on the game much and wasn't collecting bonuses. So I did pretty well considering.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

Do you know whether we'll have a short grace period again? 16h to go, still missing 30 CC - I'm hoping that it'll work easily, but I haven't received a single triple ladybugs spin yet - so I might be cutting it rather close. And I'll spend those SP if necessary - I'd hate to miss yet another thing.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

Oscar wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 10:29 Do you know whether we'll have a short grace period again? 16h to go, still missing 30 CC - I'm hoping that it'll work easily, but I haven't received a single triple ladybugs spin yet - so I might be cutting it rather close. And I'll spend those SP if necessary - I'd hate to miss yet another thing.
Yesterday I got an notification saying something like you have 24 hours left, and when that time's over you can still use up your remaining resources but you can't collect [or spin] anymore.
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chezza »

I'm very pleased to have finished this event with 1 hour to spare (spent 20sp to purchase the last pack because I had to go out) and unlock the grand prize. I've missed out on the grand prize for the last few events, which was becoming a downer :(
Loving the new closet interactions.
HFN: 5 West Side - the one with the fireworks
HH: Next door
Level 56 - Always the latest update.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

contrarysims wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 09:45
randy_thrandy wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 20:04
Oh god I laughed at this. It reminds me of those HGTV real estate shows, where the couple insists they need a giant walk in wardrobe, but just for the wife's stuff "hahaha so witty". Always makes me eyeroll. My husband actually takes up considerably more closet space than I do. I'm always having to reign him back in, like, hey you're overflowing again, and you've stolen my share of the coat hangers.

The guys can use some of the laundry event stuff in their wardrobes, but it definitely would have been nice to have some dressy mens items on display.

Anyway, I only just finished this in time, using 17 SP for missing CC. I've been really busy lately so I wasn't on the game much and wasn't collecting bonuses. So I did pretty well considering.
glad to have made you laugh ^_^ i'm afraid i'm a stereotypical woman: no matter how many closets avaliable, my shit won't fit in. and i don't even have that many clothes i just... sort of suck at organising the space or something XD it's actually lucky i don't have to share my closet space with anyone :lol:

as for the laundry event closets... they're /obviously/ laundry closets, mostly. they have all those bottles and baskets and one of them has a darn vase with flowers -.- i really wish the male sims could have at least 2 decent pieces of furniture to store their clothes in. WITH DOORS, too bc nobody has their silly shirts and underpants and stuff in open view like that.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
mariareese
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by mariareese »

20sp to purchase is fair enough I think ..
Maria
6lackestmoon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 6lackestmoon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 25 Jun 2017, 06:44 We have 7 days for the Custom Closets Live Event

IMG_8552.JPG

Stations
This event uses the same stations as previous Live Events.

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8492.JPG

IMG_8493.JPG

IMG_8494.JPG

We still have to progress through the personal prizes to unlock the different craft stations to use. So while you may have them in your inventory they are unusable until you unlock them again.

IMG_8495.JPG

Prizes

IMG_8567.JPG
IMG_8568.JPG
IMG_8569.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG
IMG_8571.JPG
IMG_8572.JPG
IMG_8573.JPG
IMG_8574.JPG
IMG_8575.JPG
IMG_8576.JPG

Requirements

Candles - 18,400
Pottery - 51,745
Jewelry - 42,650
Glassware - 23,000
Constructor Coins - 570

Restocking
7 actions are stocked when you purchase a station from the home store.

After those 7 are used it takes 2.5 hours to restock it for 9 uses or 10 SPs to restock for 18 uses. If you are using SP it is better to pay the 10 to get 18 uses as speeding up the 2.5 hour takes 9 SPs.

IMG_8496.JPG

Placing a station into your inventory will take away any stocked uses left in that station. If you want to move a station to another lot it is best to do it when it has 0 stocked uses left.
Hi! Im very new here lol. And if this is possible, can anybody please give me some tips with finishing a live event? Thanks :).