All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Custom Closets Live Event

Post by Chelle23 »

annarose wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 23:13
penlopej wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 22:57 Thinking of selling craft tables this time around. 1. Had to re-stock all existing tables, therefore would have been better to buy. 2. If I do this it's probably a guarantee that we will never have to use them again!
Me too ... I sold the Candle making tables after the last event and left all the others restocked, but I'm thinking I might sell all of them this time. They clutter up the back yards, and you can't move them without losing the restocking, so I'm thinking I'll just buy new ones next time. My only hesitation is that they might change the purchase price to LP's or SP's instead of simoleons
I have two houses set up for the craft stations and for hobby grinding when I want to do it, or if there's an event. The craft stations stay set up in these. Currently single story, but I'll be building one or two more stories on each so I can just keep them ready. One has Fashion stations at the moment and the other Teen Idol, Woodworking is in inventory until I renovate. Oh and each also has 10 planting plots, if I want to build up cahs. Means I can keep all the other houses nice :D
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

I have woodworking & fashion stations permanently on the go at Santa's House. I try to use up stock near the end of each event to prevent clutter. Any leftover stations are stored in a basement room at Latin house & also I made a huge gymnasium at my spa for any events we might get.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I have reserved two lots for the craft tables. When I'm done collecting crafts for an event I wait to purchase the last item until I've restocked the pottery, jewelry, and glassware. Once I've done that and the event is over I sell three of the candle tables so that when the next event starts I can buy three new ones with 7 stocked uses. Otherwise when the tutorial starts they would lose any stocked uses they had.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

I'm so glad that we can actually use the closets. They're not just a decoration. :D
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

The closets remind me of the ones from the laundry event. I am not finding this one too bad this time, I really want the vanity table then after that I'm not too fussed, if I finish it all it will be a bonus, but I will try my best to do so.
I also keep a basement on a lot as my event workbench lot, it has ten workbenches in and also ten fashion designing stations for any events which may use that. I am currently renovating my whole town and plan to have woodworking etc too. I just do not always get enough time to spend on decorating my houses, I try to do them one at a time!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 07:48 I'm so glad that we can actually use the closets. They're not just a decoration. :D
I was disappointed the mirrored closet was mirror actions, not closet actions. I would love a 1x1 footprint dresser or closet. I haven't bought any of the other closets yet, but I think open closets are useful only in some layouts. And they all seem to be girl clothes. Our poor male sims!

I am most excited about the ceiling lamp, even though it's over-ornate for my taste. I want more styles of these, since wall lamps take up the entire 1x1 space and can't be placed near doors. A small plain ceiling lamp would solve my lighting issues in halls and small bathrooms.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

The ceiling lamp/chandelier looks small but it takes up 2x2 space
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I feel pretty confident that I'm going to finish this event well within the timeframe. I have ten sims on an empty lot working the candle, pottery and glass stations, and three at Granny's house working the jewelry. I have only used SP to finish the task within the last two minutes to get all the bonus items (yay, iPad timer!). I think the amount of SP I've used can be won again, because my game has enough VIP points for the free daily SP spin. I have three days left, but only one item to win and I've used the extra candles to come within 5 CC of collecting that item (I have 115/120 already). Thank you, FM, for not making this event impossible!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
SarahBeth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SarahBeth »

Do the closets include wearable items or are the clothes for decoration only? Thanks!
jessica
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jessica »

SarahBeth wrote: 30 Jun 2017, 12:24 Do the closets include wearable items or are the clothes for decoration only? Thanks!
Decoration only. They work like the bedroom cabinets. Which is a bit of a letdown in my opinion. The advertisement showed a Sim actually interacting with the closets. But no surprise.