Next update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Next update

Post by contrarysims »

Not something I was desperate for, but it should be nice. I bet players who missed out on the romantic island are stoked. It will be good to have more variety of wedding venues - not everyone wants a beach wedding. I hope they include some indoor options, or just give us the ceremony objects in the build store so we can build our own venues as we wish.

Looks like new wedding/dressy outfits too. I see bridesmaids and groomsmen. And that flowergirl looks adorable!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

SimMutt wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 08:38 It is a really puzzling picture... Really looks wedding related but I don't know what else they can add to weddings. In my dream-world version of SFP, it'll be different cultures, like a Hindu wedding, synagogue, mosque etc. I'd love to see more ethnically diverse clothing in the game. But I bet it's not that.

But what?!

Maybe a pawn brokers. Sims in hock pawning their wedding rings??? :mrgreen:
Ethnic clothing would be awesome. I come up with little backstories for most of my sims, they tend to be based on people I know, a good number of them are from a Middle Eastern background. A surprising number of Iraqis and Syrians in my town in real life, they're some of the nicest people. I'd think headscarves could be an interesting addition to our sims' wardrobes (they can actually be made to look really stylish).

I'm trying to build an Arabic-themed restaurant on one of my plots, but I totally plan to do more.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Hoping EA wiil give us a wedding cake to place on tables and wedding decor. Birthdays cakes for table would be nice too!
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

PyroSpazz wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 16:16
SimMutt wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 08:38 It is a really puzzling picture... Really looks wedding related but I don't know what else they can add to weddings. In my dream-world version of SFP, it'll be different cultures, like a Hindu wedding, synagogue, mosque etc. I'd love to see more ethnically diverse clothing in the game. But I bet it's not that.

But what?!

Maybe a pawn brokers. Sims in hock pawning their wedding rings??? :mrgreen:
Ethnic clothing would be awesome. I come up with little backstories for most of my sims, they tend to be based on people I know, a good number of them are from a Middle Eastern background. A surprising number of Iraqis and Syrians in my town in real life, they're some of the nicest people. I'd think headscarves could be an interesting addition to our sims' wardrobes (they can actually be made to look really stylish).

I'm trying to build an Arabic-themed restaurant on one of my plots, but I totally plan to do more.
Completely agree! Headscarves would be a lovely addition. The Moroccan lamps and windows will help your restaurant but some more ethnic clothing would be brill. For cooking, it would be lovely to see a wider range of food. There's a strong Kurdish community by us and I'd absolutely love to see that reflected in my game. Lines of Kurdish dancers waving scarves...

But I'd also like to be able to put a bindi on my sims and some henna tattoos.

Really it's an untapped area for possible development in the game
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Might be nice, but kind of tired of romance type things. The romance island thing was enough for me.

I would also love more diverse clothing. Not costumes, but accurate clothing for different time periods and cultures.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

I'm thinking maybe a crafting event with various wedding prizes and a wedding venue as a grand prize like the party house. I just hope whatever we get, however we get it, it's more than just wedding stuff. All my couples are married, but maybe it will be possible to have a vow renewal.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I hope this update will have more than just reskinned items from the romantic island but yeah there were quite a lot of animations there and it really is a shame not every player has access to it I hope this items. will be added with a discovery quest and not a limited time event
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 21:49 I hope this update will have more than just reskinned items from the romantic island but yeah there were quite a lot of animations there and it really is a shame not every player has access to it I hope this items. will be added with a discovery quest and not a limited time event
If those romance island items become available for use in our sims' own homes, that'd be great! Would love to have yoga and jogging (and tai chi, for that matter). In a way, I'm surprised that the Spa update didn't make the yoga mats and tai chi activity available for regular use
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

The pic looks like it has new wedding dresses and new hair. Hope we really get that!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

randy_thrandy wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 07:55 maybe its like... engagement party thing. or jewellery store 😄
I would love a jewelry store. Ever since The Sims City update with the gal with all the jewelry, it made me want them to have much more jewelry. I have forgotten her name and she had such a cool name and cool jewelry. :)