[Hobby Event] Mean Curls

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Mean Curls

Post by mockingbird288z »

Chelle23 wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 15:34
ErinPW wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 13:26
Chelle23 wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 13:01 Got the notification this was starting tomorrow. Am I right in being suspicious that this is not telling us it's the Fashion Designer hobby? Could they have something else in store for us?
The information that this event will go with fashion design is mentioned in the Firemonkeys' Update FAQ. I don't think they'll surprise us with something different :)
Yay, that's a relief :D
Also, the event that is coming always shows at the top in the task manager. It will always show with the hobby icon the hobby event will be for.
IMG_0384.PNG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

ilovethesims wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 12:02
Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 11:30 Will these be available for teens?
I don't think so :(
Ouch.

But it says "Mean Curls"! Shouldn't it be more appropriate for teens?

T_T
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 05:09
ilovethesims wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 12:02
Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 11:30 Will these be available for teens?
I don't think so :(
Ouch.

But it says "Mean Curls"! Shouldn't it be more appropriate for teens?

T_T
That was exactly my thought when I first saw the event name, as well.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Chelle23
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Chelle23 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 18:15
Chelle23 wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 15:34
ErinPW wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 13:26
Chelle23 wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 13:01 Got the notification this was starting tomorrow. Am I right in being suspicious that this is not telling us it's the Fashion Designer hobby? Could they have something else in store for us?
The information that this event will go with fashion design is mentioned in the Firemonkeys' Update FAQ. I don't think they'll surprise us with something different :)
Yay, that's a relief :D
Also, the event that is coming always shows at the top in the task manager. It will always show with the hobby icon the hobby event will be for.

IMG_0384.PNG
Lol, I didn't notice that....
Level 55 - Windows Phone Player - Lady Morgan233 - no more updates!!!
Level 45 - Samsung Tablet (&FB) - LadyMorgan233, oh the deja vu.....

FB - I'm Chelle Coe Parkin, if you'd like to add me please send me a message as well :D
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Third hairstyle I unlocked was this one and it looks really nice in game :D
Attachments
20170805_143410.jpg
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I love hobby events that use the fashion design hobby! I've been out all day and still managed to unlock 3 hairstyles!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 12:51 Third hairstyle I unlocked was this one and it looks really nice in game :D
It's beautiful! Can't wait to win that one.

The event started in the evening here in Australia, so I only unlocked one so far before having to go to sleep. My first unlocked was the one with half up in a bun - not a big fan, tbh. Looks unwashed and scraggly. Now I've been trying to finish my second set all morning, and can't seem to get those darn chi chi heels 😤
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I love having all these hairstyles in lots of different colors, but it's a pain to scroll through them all. It's gotten really laggy. I wish they would let us get rid of unwanted ones, or just show the style and then let us select the color separately.

Anybody else have this issue?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

copperwood wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 01:44 I love having all these hairstyles in lots of different colors, but it's a pain to scroll through them all. It's gotten really laggy. I wish they would let us get rid of unwanted ones, or just show the style and then let us select the color separately.

I have. It's very annoying and sometimes the images blur or blacken out while i scroll down! I wish we could delete or send some styles back to wardrobe store section...both hairstyles and clothes.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

copperwood wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 01:44 I love having all these hairstyles in lots of different colors, but it's a pain to scroll through them all. It's gotten really laggy. I wish they would let us get rid of unwanted ones, or just show the style and then let us select the color separately.

Not laggy, but tedious. Would love a two step choice for many things, hair color, furniture color, clothing, etc. It would make showing what's in inventory a problem for furniture though.

The trouble with getting rid of unwanted styles is they would probably choose which ones, and the ones chosen are bound to be someone's favorite.

I think it's time for additional categories in the home store, some of the sections have way too many items.

And aren't we whiny to be complaining about too many choices? :-)