All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [EVENT] Mean Curls

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 03:46
copperwood wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 01:44 I love having all these hairstyles in lots of different colors, but it's a pain to scroll through them all. It's gotten really laggy. I wish they would let us get rid of unwanted ones, or just show the style and then let us select the color separately.

Anybody else have this issue?
Not laggy, but tedious. Would love a two step choice for many things, hair color, furniture color, clothing, etc. It would make showing what's in inventory a problem for furniture though.

The trouble with getting rid of unwanted styles is they would probably choose which ones, and the ones chosen are bound to be someone's favorite.

I think it's time for additional categories in the home store, some of the sections have way too many items.

And aren't we whiny to be complaining about too many choices? :-)
I've noticed a lag in the adult women's hair section this update. Usually I can quickly swipe and it will roll rapidly through the whole collection to find the interesting styles at the bottom. Now it will only scroll one row at a time.

I wouldn't want them to remove styles completely, I do still like and use several of the old styles. But maybe there could be an option to "return" them to the store, so they are no longer cluttering up the wardrobe, but could be purchased again if you change your mind later. I would love this for the clothes, I would be getting rid of those ugly puffer jackets that cut a weird hole in the sim's armpit so quick.

They could at least switch the hair/clothing collections so that the newer items show at the beginning, like they have for the home inventory.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 04:02
SKatF wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 03:46
copperwood wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 01:44 I love having all these hairstyles in lots of different colors, but it's a pain to scroll through them all. It's gotten really laggy. I wish they would let us get rid of unwanted ones, or just show the style and then let us select the color separately.

Anybody else have this issue?
Not laggy, but tedious. Would love a two step choice for many things, hair color, furniture color, clothing, etc. It would make showing what's in inventory a problem for furniture though.

The trouble with getting rid of unwanted styles is they would probably choose which ones, and the ones chosen are bound to be someone's favorite.

I think it's time for additional categories in the home store, some of the sections have way too many items.

And aren't we whiny to be complaining about too many choices? :-)
I've noticed a lag in the adult women's hair section this update. Usually I can quickly swipe and it will roll rapidly through the whole collection to find the interesting styles at the bottom. Now it will only scroll one row at a time.

I wouldn't want them to remove styles completely, I do still like and use several of the old styles. But maybe there could be an option to "return" them to the store, so they are no longer cluttering up the wardrobe, but could be purchased again if you change your mind later. I would love this for the clothes, I would be getting rid of those ugly puffer jackets that cut a weird hole in the sim's armpit so quick.

They could at least switch the hair/clothing collections so that the newer items show at the beginning, like they have for the home inventory.
Or a "hide item" option, so it wouldn't show unless you this it. (Dream on, I guess.)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

My woman's hair selection is lagging since the boutique hair event. Perhaps I just have a slower phone, I have no idea what could realistically be done to alleviate that, this new hair have just so much more polygons. I guess splitting hair selections into separate colors like in sims 2? Or separating hair from events in their own little subfolders
ElsieD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ElsieD »

contrarysims wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 00:59
Simsaddict456 wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 12:51 Third hairstyle I unlocked was this one and it looks really nice in game :D
It's beautiful! Can't wait to win that one.

The event started in the evening here in Australia, so I only unlocked one so far before having to go to sleep. My first unlocked was the one with half up in a bun - not a big fan, tbh. Looks unwashed and scraggly. Now I've been trying to finish my second set all morning, and can't seem to get those darn chi chi heels 😤
So the wins are random. Thought, by the image shown in game, I'd have only 2 more collections to obtain for my favourite. Maybe I'll be lucky, but judging by how long it's taking me to get "those darn chi chi heels," (lol) that might be after collection #8!

Do you guys use Sims who aren't already levelled in fashion design or just the ones who have that hobby? I put everyone to work on those candle, pottery, jewelry, glass workshops, but only have 2 designers in my town.
==============================================================================
HFN: 1 East Oceanside
Spooky House: 3 West Oceanside
Teen Idol Mansion: 3 Bliss Drive.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

ElsieD wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 15:15
Simsaddict456 wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 12:51 Third hairstyle I unlocked was this one and it looks really nice in game :D

The event started in the evening here in Australia, so I only unlocked one so far before having to go to sleep. My first unlocked was the one with half up in a bun - not a big fan, tbh. Looks unwashed and scraggly. Now I've been trying to finish my second set all morning, and can't seem to get those darn chi chi heels 😤
So the wins are random. Thought, by the image shown in game, I'd have only 2 more collections to obtain for my favourite. Maybe I'll be lucky, but judging by how long it's taking me to get "those darn chi chi heels," (lol) that might be after collection #8!

Do you guys use Sims who aren't already levelled in fashion design or just the ones who have that hobby? I put everyone to work on those candle, pottery, jewelry, glass workshops, but only have 2 designers in my town.
I recommend using more than two, you will be done so much faster :) I have ten sims in the cooking hobby and I usually use those for events like this. I could use even more than ten but I am not in a rush. I am actually done now and those big curls are still my favourite style :)
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ElsieD wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 15:15

Yeah, I got all the styles I was least interested in first! But after that second round I haven't had nearly as much trouble, and only have a couple left to go.

I have around 10 Sims at a time that are "switches". Usually I have them doing cooking or fashion design for LP. They will also take on any hobby they need to for events. Doesn't matter if they're levelled or not, as long as the hobby has been unlocked at least once.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I used all my adult sims (over 20) and finished in less than a day.

You don't need to keep a sim on the same hobby. Once one of your sims has reached the top level of a hobby and unlocked the whole grid, any sim can earn any item on the grid. You don't need a sim at the highest level of the hobby to do these events, as long as you have previously unlocked everything.
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

I'm wondering about one thing: Have they changed the algorithm or whatever decides on the reward you get? Cause it feels like I'm getting more repeats than usually - and odd ones. I'm working with 10 Sims - and got 5 Chichi heels last time during one 10min option with all of them. This seems rather random - any ideas on whether it really did change, or whether I'm imagining things?
ElsieD
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ElsieD »

Woah! Thanks for the responses. I will set more Sims to the grindstone.
==============================================================================
HFN: 1 East Oceanside
Spooky House: 3 West Oceanside
Teen Idol Mansion: 3 Bliss Drive.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Oscar wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 19:15 I'm wondering about one thing: Have they changed the algorithm or whatever decides on the reward you get? Cause it feels like I'm getting more repeats than usually - and odd ones. I'm working with 10 Sims - and got 5 Chichi heels last time during one 10min option with all of them. This seems rather random - any ideas on whether it really did change, or whether I'm imagining things?
I didn't notice any difference from previous events with this hobby.