[Hobby Event] Mean Curls

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Catrionafl
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [EVENT] Mean Curls

Post by Catrionafl »

Ok, I just got my first new hairstyle from the current Mean Curls event, I just trained several sims in fashion design so it was easy, but as soon as I got the first hairstyle, the event disappeared!!! The event is no longer listed, in my hobby tab where the fashion designer hobby should be red for limited time events, the red disappeared, and the first collection of clothes reset automatically so it’s all empty. I had a sim finish a 10 min fashion design and the item of clothing she finished started a new outfit with 3 life points as the reward instead of a new hairstyle, the whole list of new curly hairstyles disappeared too!! Im trying to explain this clearly, but it’s hard, lol. I Parkland students vs the NRA: Has the powerful US gun lobby met its match in Generation Snapchat? - The Telegraphtried resetting, has this happened to anyone else?? I’m going to be so mad if I can’t complete this after spending 3 days retraining fashion designers only to end up with 1 hairstyle when I had 9 days left on the clock!!!!!!!
Catrionafl
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Catrionafl »

Nevermind, I figured it out! I thought it was all new hairstyles, but I guess it’s the same ones from the last mean curls event. I finished all except one the first time, so all I had left to collect this time was that last one from before. Once I got it, I completed the event😓 That’s pretty lame!!! I was looking forward to some new hair, lol. I’ve completed most of the events in my town, so there isn’t much left for me to do right now. I guess I will go back to trying to upgrade my life orbs again, sigh
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

Catrionafl wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 18:37 Nevermind, I figured it out! I thought it was all new hairstyles, but I guess it’s the same ones from the last mean curls event. I finished all except one the first time, so all I had left to collect this time was that last one from before. Once I got it, I completed the event😓 That’s pretty lame!!! I was looking forward to some new hair, lol. I’ve completed most of the events in my town, so there isn’t much left for me to do right now. I guess I will go back to trying to upgrade my life orbs again, sigh
Glad the event didn't glitch out on you. I too did not realize that this event was a repeat until it started. So the only new thing I did this update was the beach house quest. I'm working on workplaces. *yawn*
hanae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by hanae »

AnaisLV wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 19:25 I'm so happy this event came back! I stopped playing more than a year and I came back around the french event last fall and the few of my neighbors that still play have their sims with pretty colored long hair and I had only finished the long hair event with the limp hair in boring colors.
Same here :D I couldn't finish french event, but I got most of the items.
So far got 6 hairstyles. Already got my favorite - the windswept wonder hairstyle, the last one in the row.
MJluvs2playfree-play
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by MJluvs2playfree-play »

Being retired I was able to spend all day yesterday with a team of expendables working flat out, ten minutes over and over again. I'd had enough though by the time it came to tea time. It will be nice to have different styles for my ladies.

I hope the Hair Today Gone Tomorrow event returns soon, I am wanting the hairdressers chairs. I didn't fully understand how to do it until I only had about three days left and then I didn't have enough time to complete it. I only got as far as the shelves :(
anetnut
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by anetnut »

How long is this suppose to take to get the last two in the list to get a style? I have been doing it for days on end with nothing but repeat fashion items. The event is about to end.
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

I've completed the whole collection from level 1-6 for the first time and was only rewarded one hairstyle (randomly given). Don't tell me that I have to do it all over again and again for the remaining hairstyles? :evil:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

parakiss wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 07:17 I've completed the whole collection from level 1-6 for the first time and was only rewarded one hairstyle (randomly given). Don't tell me that I have to do it all over again and again for the remaining hairstyles? :evil:
Yep, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you get one style each time you completely a hobby set. Have as many sims as you can get doing the hobby to complete all of them in time!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

contrarysims wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 10:57
parakiss wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 07:17 I've completed the whole collection from level 1-6 for the first time and was only rewarded one hairstyle (randomly given). Don't tell me that I have to do it all over again and again for the remaining hairstyles? :evil:
Yep, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you get one style each time you completely a hobby set. Have as many sims as you can get doing the hobby to complete all of them in time!
Gosh, wish I've known about it from the start. I would've ignore the event and focus on gathering simoleons instead. Thanks for the confirmation though
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update