Downtown High School Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Downtown High School Update - Changes

Post by whoviandragon »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:16 Cats and dogs do use stairs, escalators and elevators when they are called. Place a feeding bowl upstairs and tap it to get the option "call over". Dogs also go upstairs to play frisbee on a balcony :)
See, I thought they did. But I've had such a problem getting two of my cats to go upstairs in an apartment, that I thought they took it away (which would be stupid) or they couldn't use the new stairs for some reason. (Yes, stairs are installed, not the poles. And they are accessable.) I did the "Call Over" action with bowls, beds, the scratching post, even switching out to different stairs- all to no avail.

Starting to think I just have stubborn in-game cats, just like my real life cats :lol:
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

telemwill wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 19:29
Since the number of lifepoints from pets seems very reduced, I don't know why we can't have more. Early on, the deer had a separate count from the other pets so you could have two of them plus two other pets. That was changed pretty quickly so it may have been unintended. But a crazy cat lady needs to be a possibility, especially with the cat pen we have that increases happiness. I tend to have lower numbers of pets because I hate it when they are unhappy. Unfortunately the pig takes five minutes or so to pet, and it took me 15 to completely fill his happiness meter. Not sure why he needs one, since he doesn't find treasure.

Ruth
Does their happiness affect the treasure dug up? I feel like I've had happy pets still giving me 1 S.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:11
Since the number of lifepoints from pets seems very reduced, I don't know why we can't have more. Early on, the deer had a separate count from the other pets so you could have two of them plus two other pets. That was changed pretty quickly so it may have been unintended. But a crazy cat lady needs to be a possibility, especially with the cat pen we have that increases happiness. I tend to have lower numbers of pets because I hate it when they are unhappy. Unfortunately the pig takes five minutes or so to pet, and it took me 15 to completely fill his happiness meter. Not sure why he needs one, since he doesn't find treasure.

Ruth
Does their happiness affect the treasure dug up? I feel like I've had happy pets still giving me 1 S.
I don't think it affects the amount at all. I'm not sure if it affects frequency, but whenever I give pets attention that increases their happiness they usually run off and find treasure. I wish they would get rid of it completely. I would love to have a poodle puppy, but I don't want to have to spend 5 or 10 minutes everyday making it happy.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

telemwill wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 17:26

Ruth
I don't think it affects the amount at all. I'm not sure if it affects frequency, but whenever I give pets attention that increases their happiness they usually run off and find treasure. I wish they would get rid of it completely. I would love to have a poodle puppy, but I don't want to have to spend 5 or 10 minutes everyday making it happy.
I think it does help because it makes animals move faster, faster animal - quicker they get to their dig sites :) If I'm not mistaken they will try to dig for treasure once a minute and if they get there quicker, there is bigger chance you will still see it happen before switching to another household. And if they are being petted whilst their dig timer runs out they will of course run to dig right after petting :) I don't think it actually has any effect on the actual prizes they will get while digging (hunting, whatever they're doing)

And I just discovered that the grandfather's clock has actual sound effects and that it actually tells the accurate time (almost, daylight savings are a thing :D)
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Ruth
Puppies I find the easiest to keep happy! I just pick them up and put them down. That usually works for me!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

pinkribbon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 19:58

Ruth
Puppies I find the easiest to keep happy! I just pick them up and put them down. That usually works for me!
Oh, wow! I thought I had to pet them. I'll definitely give that a try. Thanks!

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:16
Rosie wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 00:50 He just went downstairs. Wish all our pets could do that.
Cats and dogs do use stairs, escalators and elevators when they are called. Place a feeding bowl upstairs and tap it to get the option "call over". Dogs also go upstairs to play frisbee on a balcony :)
Thank you! I'm so excited. :D I so love these animals, but wish we could have more.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

whoviandragon wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 12:49
ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 09:16 Cats and dogs do use stairs, escalators and elevators when they are called. Place a feeding bowl upstairs and tap it to get the option "call over". Dogs also go upstairs to play frisbee on a balcony :)
See, I thought they did. But I've had such a problem getting two of my cats to go upstairs in an apartment, that I thought they took it away (which would be stupid) or they couldn't use the new stairs for some reason. (Yes, stairs are installed, not the poles. And they are accessable.) I did the "Call Over" action with bowls, beds, the scratching post, even switching out to different stairs- all to no avail.

Starting to think I just have stubborn in-game cats, just like my real life cats :lol:
I'm sorry, I didn't call pets upstairs for a while. After reading your reply I did, and found that neither cat nor dog go to their cat bed or feeding bowl :( I could see that they react, but then they don't go. They came over for playing frisbee and using the cat run.

I've got 2 cats at my one storey haunted house and I don't get them both into their beds or to the feeding bowls and not even into the cat run at the same time. Every time I call the second cat, the first one stops their action and walks over to the other item :roll: :lol:
Attachments
IMG_3097.JPG
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 23:21

I'm sorry, I didn't call pets upstairs for a while. After reading your reply I did, and found that neither cat nor dog go to their cat bed or feeding bowl :( I could see that they react, but then they don't go. They came over for playing frisbee and using the cat run.

I've got 2 cats at my one storey haunted house and I don't get them both into their beds or to the feeding bowls and not even into the cat run at the same time. Every time I call the second cat, the first one stops their action and walks over to the other item :roll: :lol:
So what if we just pick them up and carry them upstairs? I assume then they would be stuck upstairs. That would only work with puppies and kittens though I guess. That's too bad. Thanks!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 23:35
ErinPW wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 23:21

So what if we just pick them up and carry them upstairs? I assume then they would be stuck upstairs. That would only work with puppies and kittens though I guess. That's too bad. Thanks!
The kittens and puppies will go back downstairs on their own - at least my kitten did.

I get my cat and dog at one house to go upstairs by making the only way in and out of the house through stairs. So to get inside they have to go upstairs (from the outside) and then they go downstairs to the first floor once they are inside. They never hang out upstairs. :(

Cats and dogs used to go upstairs on their own and hang out there. But the dogs stopped going on their own soon after the Moving Up update. Cats kept doing it for a long time but they would always fall through to the first floor when sleeping on beds. Instead of fixing the glitch FM just stopped allowing cats to go upstairs. :cry:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update