Downtown High School Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Downtown High School Update - Changes

Post by copperwood »

calleighwolfe wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 00:44 I wasn't sure where to post this...

I updated the game and I was told I was supposed to build the high school (or something... I didn't pay much attention :S). I pushed "build", it charged me 3 million simoleons and after work I'm checking the game to see where the building is being built and I can't seem to find it :(

Where is it?

Thank you :)
The new high school is downtown where the hospital is.
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I noticed that when you put a baby in a crib it says 9 seconds again.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I know it's been mentioned NPC Sims (and creatures) now sometimes show in simtracker. When the fairy showed, nothing happened when she was tapped. But now Vernon the pig shows and when you tap, it goes to him, as it's supposed to work.

In my game, Vernon's last name is Davis, which is apparently random, as I have never have had a Sim with this name in this world.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-08-25-12-27-26-1.png
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Thiscat06 wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 03:42 I noticed that when you put a baby in a crib it says 9 seconds again.
I feel like it was back with the last update but maybe not.
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I don't remember it during the last update. I know the time was gone during the daycare update
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

SKatF wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 16:39 I know it's been mentioned NPC Sims (and creatures) now sometimes show in simtracker. When the fairy showed, nothing happened when she was tapped. But now Vernon the pig shows and when you tap, it goes to him, as it's supposed to work.

In my game, Vernon's last name is Davis, which is apparently random, as I have never have had a Sim with this name in this world.
I don't have him in my Sim tracker and I'm on the hug Vernon task too, weird!
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

pinkribbon wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 17:18
Thiscat06 wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 03:42 I noticed that when you put a baby in a crib it says 9 seconds again.
I feel like it was back with the last update but maybe not.
It was back on the last update. I still have my iPad Pro on the wedding update and it shows 9 seconds.

The 30 seconds was back on the singing salmon, too. I'm betting all of the very short actions like that all have their times again as of the wedding update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ilovethesims wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 17:54
SKatF wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 16:39 I know it's been mentioned NPC Sims (and creatures) now sometimes show in simtracker. When the fairy showed, nothing happened when she was tapped. But now Vernon the pig shows and when you tap, it goes to him, as it's supposed to work.

He's gone now as task ended.
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

SKatF wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 20:03
ilovethesims wrote: 25 Aug 2017, 17:54

He's gone now as task ended.
I skipped the task that will be why.
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
SunshineCat
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by SunshineCat »

I only started playing about 2 months ago and don't have everything unlocked (by far). I'm saving up money by waiting to complete the original high school quest, but it's slow going to get enough to buy new community buildings. Is there anything special for the event I need the downtown or new high school area right now, or is everything new there permanent? Would it be better to try to build the health spa right now so I can participate in the hobby event for aerobics? I already had a sim max out the Internet Kitten hobby after there was confusion about if that or woodworking was going to happen a couple weeks ago.

Edit: It sounds like there is also a 7-day limit for other aerobics prizes as a regular time-limited hobby prize. Will this event conflict with this if they happen at the same time?