Next update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Next update?

Post by BlueIndian »

When is the next update coming? I know there is aerobics event from 3rd oct, so can next update come during the event like last time? If not then it'll be almost 2 months gap between updates. There is not much happening this current update :lol: and I'm really really waiting for next one. :D
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Next update?

Post by Lenny »

I feel bored from this update, too. EA has got themselves a problem imho. On one hand you have the longtime players, who habe done anything and want new stuff. On the other hand you have new players and players, who did not finish the events and ask for repeats. imho the discovery quests which any player could do at his/her own time (or when he/she had reached a certain level) was a better idea. Because the ycoud add a new ones with any update while the old ones still were there. But I guess the weren't as motivating to spend real money on the game as events are.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Well, I agree, but when we had the discovery quests we still had a down period between updates.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

I'm starting to go cross eyed with all the LP and SP grinding. :shock: So I really hope there is an update soon... But hey, at this rate I might be able to reach level 25 on my monuments by the new year. :lol:
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

I wish they would sort of let you pick the repeat event, if you didn't finish multiple. Let it run the length of the set amount of time, then there's less down time for players during updates. The events are great and all, but the wait on if and when certain ones repeat is annoying when it's one you're not interested in or have finished.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Exactly! Firstly this update is stretching a bit too long. And then there are long time gaps in between events. Eventhough we have 2 new events ( animal onesies and aerobics wear), they both are for wardrobe section. There's no new furniture the whole update. Maybe that's why the game is feeling a bit stagnant.
I'm having this feeling that the next update is going to be huge :P
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

The update schedule can always get a bit wonky the closer it gets to the holiday season. Either shortening or lengthening the time between updates so it fits their plans for the Halloween and Christmas updates. It wouldn't surprise me if this update lasts a little longer than usual.

I've actually really been enjoying this break. I took my time with the discovery quest and didn't use a lot of LP but then used a fair amount on the class clown hobby. Then I've just been spending my time recouping my LPs (and getting more than what I started with) and doing what I want with my town. I'm looking forward to the new aerobics event and plan on using all the LP I've earned during my little break.

Overall, they could balance it better between new events and repeats. There are some updates where it seems like we are constantly doing new event after new event without a break and then other updates were there are mostly repeats. Why can't they just spread it out and make it more even?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

BlueIndian wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 04:59 Eventhough we have 2 new events ( animal onesies and aerobics wear), they both are for wardrobe section.
The Animal Onesies event was a repeat event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I'm taking this time to take a break from the game. I know I should be grinding for replacement LPs right now. But I'm bored of doing so. When the last event was over that participated in, I started to play with my sims like I used to, and build up some homes with the new items. But then I realized I was low (for me) on LPs and decided that I couldn't just let my sims do regular things. So back to the grind they went. I have limited time to play right, so it was really boring. So I stopped playing SFP and started playing other games. I've been checking in with them about once a week (long enough for them to get inspired). I'll deal with the LPs if the next update is exciting enough to consider it.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SIMazing wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 18:22 I'm taking this time to take a break from the game. I know I should be grinding for replacement LPs right now. But I'm bored of doing so. When the last event was over that participated in, I started to play with my sims like I used to, and build up some homes with the new items. But then I realized I was low (for me) on LPs and decided that I couldn't just let my sims do regular things. So back to the grind they went. I have limited time to play right, so it was really boring. So I stopped playing SFP and started playing other games. I've been checking in with them about once a week (long enough for them to get inspired). I'll deal with the LPs if the next update is exciting enough to consider it.
Well, I also am not playing much and enjoying the break. But I do try to stop by each day to collect my daily reward, as I like the free social point spin. I have most of my sims diving, and I may reset some if I feel like it.