2017 Halloween Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: 2017 Halloween Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kimberly Sims wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 20:45 Has there always been a object limit? All the sudden I have houses with a limit and all items in store and inventory are grayed out.
Yes, there's a cap on how many unique items can be on the same lot. You can place more of items that are already on the lot but you can't add new items.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yes, but it seems odd that suddenly several houses reached limit. Maybe the limit has been lowered?

I've only reached it in my Harry Potter world on the lots with Diagon Alley and Hogworts, which have a LOT of separate items as there's multiple buildings on one lot. Never on a regular lot.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

SKatF wrote: 17 Nov 2017, 04:35 Yes, but it seems odd that suddenly several houses reached limit. Maybe the limit has been lowered?
I don't think that it was lowered recently. I have a house that has been at the limit for quite some time now (half a year at least) and I can still remove items and put them back in. If the cap were lowered I would not be able to put them back.
mockingbird288z

The cap was 255 but I just checked and could only place 241 unique items. I'm not sure when that changed. I know I checked sometime last year and it was still 255. I finished building a house on the Dream Weddings update that reached the object cap and I can still remove and then place a unique item so I don't think the change happened on the current update. It's frustrating - with 6 potential floors they needed to raise the cap, not decrease it.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I just checked and 2 houses that were under cap are now over cap. I hadn't changed anything. I wonder if they're trying to deal with the build mode lag we're seeing, which I think is due to the (in my opinion) stupid and useless "recommended" tab.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

A member of the German forum told us about new options for the cosy fireplace. I know those options from the fireplace at the castle, but never saw them at a sim‘s home with other fireplaces. I guess, this is since it has been in the price pool of the mystery boxes.

The options only appear if the cosy fireplace is placed in a home (and only if there is an idle sim at the home), the one at the snowpark doesn‘t show them. I also had a look at other fireplaces, but none shows anything but turn on/off.
Attachments
Cosy Fireplace
Cosy Fireplace
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

SKatF wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 06:37 I just checked and 2 houses that were under cap are now over cap. I hadn't changed anything. I wonder if they're trying to deal with the build mode lag we're seeing, which I think is due to the (in my opinion) stupid and useless "recommended" tab.
I reached object cap in one of my houses today! It's only 3 floors plus basement And I repeated furnitures too..so if someone wants to build a full basement+5 floored house then they have to use same furniture many times!

I blame "recommend" tab for lagging too..And lowering object cap has definitely not improved lag at all. I don't understand why they introduced that tab. I don't remember anyone asking for it!!
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 14:07 A member of the German forum told us about new options for the cosy fireplace. I know those options from the fireplace at the castle, but never saw them at a sim‘s home with other fireplaces. I guess, this is since it has been in the price pool of the mystery boxes.

The options only appear if the cosy fireplace is placed in a home (and only if there is an idle sim at the home), the one at the snowpark doesn‘t show them. I also had a look at other fireplaces, but none shows anything but turn on/off.
Yes, that fireplace had those actions once placed in a sim's home since the change to the mystery box shop. I wish they would add those actions to the other fireplaces.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 06:37 I just checked and 2 houses that were under cap are now over cap. I hadn't changed anything. I wonder if they're trying to deal with the build mode lag we're seeing, which I think is due to the (in my opinion) stupid and useless "recommended" tab.
I agree the lag is because of the recommended tab (which I also agree is stupid and useless).

I'll check my one house again and see what happens when I remove a unique item.
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

What are unique items?