2017 Holidays Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Post Reply
User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3935
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2
x 298

Re: 2017 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 08 Dec 2017, 08:38

mockingbird288z wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 04:15
mockingbird288z wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 09:18
I'm totally bummed. My 2011 Xmas trees are gone from my inventory. I now only have the 4 I've placed on my Christmas house. :cry:

If I put one into my inventory it disappears. :cry:
My trees are back!! *happy dance* :D
Yay! \o/

Milk&Cookies are there, too, and the doors at the movie studio are back :D
0 x
Pregnancy Update 5.38.2
iOS 11.4

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 368
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 14:10
x 1

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by Lenny » 08 Dec 2017, 11:54

SKatF wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 06:53
Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
I find it quite annoying that now, in order to get the free one, I first have to place all of the time I have in inventory.
0 x
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger ona regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Pregnancy Update

User avatar
chamilet
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 389
Joined: 28 Mar 2014, 15:43
x 1

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by chamilet » 08 Dec 2017, 15:34

SKatF wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 06:53
Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
Is that a change this year? That hasn't been the case in the past.
0 x
GC = chamilet (please mention Sims)
All of my Sims are Glee characters (or their descendants)

User avatar
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 154
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 04:34
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by SeekerDraconis » 09 Dec 2017, 02:29

I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
0 x
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island

User avatar
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 219
Joined: 10 Dec 2015, 02:19
x 3

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga » 09 Dec 2017, 04:48

SeekerDraconis wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 02:29
I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I've been having this problem long before this recent update. But it happens only with certain windows types.
0 x
GC id: Ryuzaki ryu

Holiday Update
Library : East Side #3
Summer Loft : Bliss Drive #4
Forest Getaway: Bliss Drive #1
Medieval Village : West Oceanside #4

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5850
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 687
Contact:

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 09 Dec 2017, 07:00

SeekerDraconis wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 02:29
I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I have to move any furniture away from the corner and then place windows. I can then move the furniture back with no problem but if the furniture is there to begin with the windows won't place.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

-Caz-
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 55
Joined: 15 Feb 2016, 12:11
Location: UK
x 22
Contact:

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by -Caz- » 09 Dec 2017, 10:23

Lenny wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:54
SKatF wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 06:53
Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
I find it quite annoying that now, in order to get the free one, I first have to place all of the time I have in inventory.
You can use the duplicate button to get the free one :) (I just tested it and it worked)

I think I’ve missed out on a couple of items this year but I already have a Christmas house so I’m not as bothered. When the quest starts I won’t have to remember to check in every day...
0 x

User avatar
randy_thrandy
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 212
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 16:50
x 14

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by randy_thrandy » 09 Dec 2017, 12:53

-Caz- wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 10:23
Lenny wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 11:54
SKatF wrote:
08 Dec 2017, 06:53
Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
I find it quite annoying that now, in order to get the free one, I first have to place all of the time I have in inventory.
You can use the duplicate button to get the free one :) (I just tested it and it worked)

I think I’ve missed out on a couple of items this year but I already have a Christmas house so I’m not as bothered. When the quest starts I won’t have to remember to check in every day...
wait, you have to actually /get/ the free daily item? it doesn't just automatically appear in your inventory?? OH BOTHER :C
0 x
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3935
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2
x 298

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 09 Dec 2017, 14:01

mockingbird288z wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 07:00
SeekerDraconis wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 02:29
I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I have to move any furniture away from the corner and then place windows. I can then move the furniture back with no problem but if the furniture is there to begin with the windows won't place.
I‘ve got the same problem like SeekerDraconis. I wanted to replace a patio with a glassrom, so I removed patio and furniture, built the room and placed the windows. It wasn‘t possible to place the windows next to each other on the corners :(
Attachments
F9D5616C-4191-41B4-8F71-A365BE24B94D.jpeg
0 x
Pregnancy Update 5.38.2
iOS 11.4

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
SeekerDraconis
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 154
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 04:34
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by SeekerDraconis » 09 Dec 2017, 14:56

ErinPW wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 14:01
mockingbird288z wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 07:00
SeekerDraconis wrote:
09 Dec 2017, 02:29
I am building a Christmas themed lot and can't place two windows next to each other on a corner. I can place windows next to each other on a straight wall but not a corner. I tried different windows and it's the same thing for each. I've built many houses in the past with windows placed next to each other on corners. But since this update I can't seem to. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or it is it just my game?
I have to move any furniture away from the corner and then place windows. I can then move the furniture back with no problem but if the furniture is there to begin with the windows won't place.
I‘ve got the same problem like SeekerDraconis. I wanted to replace a patio with a glassrom, so I removed patio and furniture, built the room and placed the windows. It wasn‘t possible to place the windows next to each other on the corners :(
That's my problem exactly! I've just started building, so haven't placed furniture yet. This absolutely sucks!! :cry: I hope this is something they fix soon!
0 x
HFN: Starter Home
HH: #2 Diver's Way
Pets, Frisbee: #1 East Oceanside
Pool: #3 East Oceanside
Woodwork & Fashion Benchs: #21 West Side (nxt to Starter Home)
3 Star Instruments: Teen Mansion @ Bliss Drive, Island

Post Reply