2017 Holidays Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holiday Update - Changes

Post by sevenofnine »

Thanks, but it's still not there. I'm getting confused as usually my game updates automatically. I have had to update from the play store before once or twice but its usually showing in the top right hand side. I suppose I'll have to contact FM if it still isn't showing tomorrow.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

sevenofnine wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 17:14 Thanks, but it's still not there. I'm getting confused as usually my game updates automatically. I have had to update from the play store before once or twice but its usually showing in the top right hand side. I suppose I'll have to contact FM if it still isn't showing tomorrow.
oh darn :/ mine never updates automatically, i always have to manually download it. i hope it does show up on its own, i mean... :roll:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

My Kindle still didn't have the update when I left the house this morning. I got impatient and downloaded it onto my phone.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

BlueIndian wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 12:29
mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 10:22
BlueIndian wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 09:49
mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 09:18 I'm totally bummed. My 2011 Xmas trees are gone from my inventory. I now only have the 4 I've placed on my Christmas house. :cry:

If I put one into my inventory it disappears. :cry:
:O OMG!! that's horrible! I had only 2..one in inventory and it's there..
Did yours change location? It was in Decorations along with the 2012-2017 Xmas tree but now it's not there anymore. I did check the outdoor decoration, outdoor furniture, and plants tabs but it wasn't there, either. I still have all of my 2012-2017 Xmas trees. It's just the 2011 one that's gone.

Wait..there are different types of trees? I just had those last year's ones..which I guess is there in the featured tab currently :|
I don't know about 2011 one :/ I thought you were talking about number of trees lol..I feel so stupid now :oops:
Yes, there are 2 types of regular Christmas trees (3 including the Pinecone one). I totally get the confusion, though! Don't feel stupid!

The 2011 Xmas tree was the first tree they had in the game and it was available in the home store for 4LP from the start of the game until sometime in mid-2012. The fact that FM has removed a legitimate home-store item that players purchased (with in-game currency) is distressing. Technically, now nothing stops them from doing it to any item.

IMG_4050.JPG

Sure, it's not the prettiest but it also doesn't make sense for there to only be one type of traditional tree anyway. I would use this as my "Charlie Brown" tree for the less fortunate sims in my town. I guess I have to stop doing that after 5 years. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Kimberly Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by Kimberly Sims »

I downloaded the update from Amazon, it shows the old update, but it is the new update when downloaded. Amazon has not update their page in the app store yet.
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 21:45
Dates given to Make2 from FM:

Snow Problem Quest - Starts December 12
Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow Live Event - Starts December 26
Streetwear Hobby Event - Starts January 13
Teen Life (repeat) Hobby Event - Starts January 23
I've added the dates that FM gave to Make2 to the opening post.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 21:32

I can't believe we are having 3 new events. Wow! I'm so excited. :) I haven't done the update yet, but I'll do it tonight. I haven't been playing Sims FP as much, but I do check in daily. I love the new color skin too. It was needed. I began playing Sims 4. It's very different from SFP, but the Cats & dog update is worth every penny. I do love how SFP is all in live time. All their games should be that way. ;)
mockingbird288z

Rosie wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 00:29
mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 21:32

I can't believe we are having 3 new events. Wow! I'm so excited. :) I haven't done the update yet, but I'll do it tonight. I haven't been playing Sims FP as much, but I do check in daily. I love the new color skin too. It was needed. I began playing Sims 4. It's very different from SFP, but the Cats & dog update is worth every penny. I do love how SFP is all in live time. All their games should be that way. ;)
I was actually thinking there were less things planned in this update then there usually are for the holiday updates. But I think that's because the past three years have also had new Discovery Quests which then unlock new hobbies that come with their own limited time event. But it works out because the live events usually have more items than normal quests and hobby events. I know by the time the Streetwear hobby events is over I'll be looking forward to a break!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Kimberly Sims wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 19:38 I downloaded the update from Amazon, it shows the old update, but it is the new update when downloaded. Amazon has not update their page in the app store yet.
Thank you for that information! My Kindle finally got the update after I downloaded it onto my phone. It was kind of fun playing in a new format. I may just keep it on the phone too. I have the Paperboy on that version.

I loved the new choices for skin tone. I just wish it had been added to the wardrobe. I had to pay for the ultimate makeover for two of my Sims.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Voldyslovechild
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Voldyslovechild »

I love the skin tone changes!!! And the fact that they made the effort to make the makeup look good on each skin tone!!! .... It's gonna be expensive though :(