Home Makeover Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Home Makeover Update - Changes

Post by Simsaddict456 »

BlueIndian wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 03:58 Now the new exterior wall appears uniformly shaded..previously individual floors were shaded separately.
The first picture is of before update and 2nd picture is after this update.
FB_IMG_1521344817798.jpg

20180318_091435.jpg

ALSO

Now we can place lights on exterior wall on higher floors without balcony.. (see the 2nd pic)
Also this house looks awesome :D
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmare wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 19:55
JaneRoettinger wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 19:03 Player ID is now on the bottom of "..." screen. Previously it was hidden somewhere deeper.
And Cloudsave ID. Never saw these before
They used to only be listed at the very bottom of the "About" section in the "Info" section.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

copperwood wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 20:00 Additional item packages from the Magical Rainforest event are now available in the Mystery Box Shop.
And so are items from the Dance Party live event and the Teen hobby event.
mockingbird288z

SeekerDraconis wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 22:06 I don't know if this change happened in another update but Sims actions have changed with BBQs. I only used the "Cook on BBQ" and "Use BBQ" options, so I don't know if the other options have new actions, as well, and not only have the actions changed but Sims don't sit for the "Use BBQ" option anymore. Which is very disappointing. I hope that if this change is as a result of this update that it is because our Sims will be able to sit with the new BBQs that are available with this update.
I actually like this change... :oops: It kinda always annoyed me that the sims would only be at the BBQ for a very short time and then go off to eat. When trying to create a backyard BBQ I had to be very quick to take a screenshot before my bbq-ing sim would go off somewhere to eat.
mockingbird288z

jaymart wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 21:32
and for me it is pool cleaner - now it is available for simoleans and before was $1 or so. Pool cleaner was the only item I would've wanted to buy but I don't spend money on the free games on principle :) And now all my pools are finally sparkling, yay!
The pool cleaner is still an online purchase in my test game - I don't have it in my home store for §600. :?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 08:19
BlueIndian wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 03:58 Now the new exterior wall appears uniformly shaded..previously individual floors were shaded separately.
The first picture is of before update and 2nd picture is after this update.
FB_IMG_1521344817798.jpg

20180318_091435.jpg

ALSO

Now we can place lights on exterior wall on higher floors without balcony.. (see the 2nd pic)
Also this house looks awesome :D
Thank you :)
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 09:50
and for me it is pool cleaner - now it is available for simoleans and before was $1 or so. Pool cleaner was the only item I would've wanted to buy but I don't spend money on the free games on principle :) And now all my pools are finally sparkling, yay!
The pool cleaner is still an online purchase in my test game - I don't have it in my home store for §600. :?
that is strange, in my game pool cleaner appeared right after update in new items section. Now I only see the ones I stored in inventory and these are also still showing in new items. But I don't see it in pool items section if going there through the store tab, not inventory. Well, maybe it was short sale, anyway I'm happy to see clean pools :)
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
mockingbird288z

jaymart wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 04:20
mockingbird288z wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 09:50
that is strange, in my game pool cleaner appeared right after update in new items section. Now I only see the ones I stored in inventory and these are also still showing in new items. But I don't see it in pool items section if going there through the store tab, not inventory. Well, maybe it was short sale, anyway I'm happy to see clean pools :)
Well, the pool cleaner and some other items were for sale in the previous update and the sale was not over when the new update was released. Probably the sale carried over for the remaining days.
jaymart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by jaymart »

I see, thanks for the note. I thought pool cleaner sale was part of the new update but it was there already. Recently I had been paying only right after updates to see what is new. Had been playing for a almost five years now, game lost its initial appear but I'm used to it and to this forum :)
FB https://www.facebook.com/JayMartin1611
20 West Side: HFN (watch for fireworks)
Town updated to the latest version
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Not sure why FM has changed the shading on the walls that BlueIndian pointed out but I’m guessing that they maybe getting a lot of complaints about lagging again. For myself, I don’t like the new look very much even if I really do like being able to place outside wall lamps above the ground floor w/o having to have a balcony. The light placement will hopefully help with how dark the yards are with just these tiny spots of brightness. I’m going to try some experiments tonight!
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update