[LIVE EVENT] Backyard Beautification

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Backyard Beautification

Post by kls1st »

Hey y'all! Has anybody figured out how to move or resize or inventory the balcony in the free house? That’s pretty much why I built it, but I can’t figure out how to manipulate it. :?
Attachments
70CDDA07-E155-4FCD-8649-17CA9B3B9CD1.jpeg
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 00:12 Why am I unable to place the fence directly to the house like in the Designer Backyard House template?
Did you try moving the window out first? Sometimes that works and then put the window back. I can’t tell from the pic if there’s a window in the way...
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

kls1st wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 18:54 Hey y'all! Has anybody figured out how to move or resize or inventory the balcony in the free house? That’s pretty much why I built it, but I can’t figure out how to manipulate it. :?
This is a part of the All Mezzed Up Discovery Quest that‘s going to start on April 3rd. After completing the quest we will be able to resize the Mezzanine and build our own :)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
PyroSpazz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by PyroSpazz »

I'm betting that will be unlocked by the upcoming "All Mezzed Up." They'll probably be constructable like balconies only inside your house, and they'll use the same set of railings. Just hope they give us some new railings to work with, maybe new stairs as well.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Thanks Erin and PyroSpazz! I thought it would be like the ski chalet or the stilts on the island house and we would be able to do things to it. Oh well, there’s lots of other nice stuff. I’ll have to clear another lot for exploration if I want to keep this balcony then, dang.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’ve been gone for ages! I thought I was a goner at one point but here I am! I had to pay real money to finish this quest and I’ve missed so much. I’ve been MiIA fir about 7 months. 😮
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

bluebeariscool wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 23:59 I’ve been gone for ages! I thought I was a goner at one point but here I am! I had to pay real money to finish this quest and I’ve missed so much. I’ve been MiIA fir about 7 months. 😮
Hope you are feeling good!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

bluebeariscool wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 23:59 I’ve been gone for ages! I thought I was a goner at one point but here I am! I had to pay real money to finish this quest and I’ve missed so much. I’ve been MiIA fir about 7 months. 😮
Welcome back!!

I think the biggest change to game in the time you've been gone has been the ability to add balconies inside houses, although it's not exactly in the game yet. The house template that was the prize for the Christmas quest had a landing in it that is how balconies are made. Coming up in April will be the All Mezzed Up Discovery quest which will make landings available in the game.

The other discovery quests added in the past 7 months have been Teacher's Pet and Love & Treasure.

Let's see, for hobby events I think it's:
Mean Curls (which was just repeated so it may take awhile before it comes around again)
Groovers'n'Movers for activewear in September last year followed by another Groovers'n'Movers event for different activewear in October. But the second Groovers'n'Movers event was for the activewear that is from the Activewear Mega Pack so you may already have it.
For Halloween they had a Chocolatier event for previous Halloween's costumes so if you've finished the Night of the Candy Monsters quest you already have those costumes.
Street Smarts for clothes for adult female sims happened in January
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

(Had to make it two posts because of the limit on URLs)

For live events it's the Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow event in December. The French Romance, Dream Daycare, and Wedding Belles live events were repeated, though.

For limited time quest events it's:
Ghost Flustered for Halloween
and Snow Problem for Christmas/Winter

I think that's it - lots of the Chalet stuff has been showing up in architect homes.

Pics of everything can be found in the usual topic starting here.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I didn't finish this one, I had one batch left to get, unfortunately I do not have enough SP to get it myself and I do not spend real life money on the game so it will have to wait until this repeats, which I am sure it will at some point.