Kids Party Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1549
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 543

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by SKatF » 24 Apr 2018, 20:26

contrarysims wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 23:00
Hobby and Career items how have a tab in the home store, so you don't need to go directly to the shop on the town map.

I also got a notice that they had "expanded their selection" but I don't see anything new.
Wish they'd get rid of shop as it's rather pointless now, and make space another small building lot.
1 x

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
x 146
Contact:

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by contrarysims » 24 Apr 2018, 22:50

BlueIndian wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 19:32
The spin plants..even the spin at professional workplaces now show a little 'i' at top which indicates the probability of getting the jackpots etc
Just spotted this and took some screenshots
Screenshot_20180425-082831.jpg
Screenshot_20180425-082803.jpg
3 x
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1369
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55
x 122

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by telemwill » 25 Apr 2018, 02:11

Apparently, ballet and karate are no longer hobbies. They are not on the hobbies tab, and no warning appears when a preteen with a different hobby does karate. (I did not check for ballet.) This means it will take longer to reset preteen hobbies.

Ruth
1 x
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6200
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1104
Contact:

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 25 Apr 2018, 02:41

telemwill wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 02:11
Apparently, ballet and karate are no longer hobbies. They are not on the hobbies tab, and no warning appears when a preteen with a different hobby does karate. (I did not check for ballet.) This means it will take longer to reset preteen hobbies.

Ruth
They've never been in the hobbies tab because they aren't "real" hobbies - they don't have items to collect. They're different because they were the first hobbies in the game (they get rewards as your sims level up not as they complete a collection).

My preteens got the warning when they switched hobbies. I tried ballet to karate, ballet to diving, diving to karate, diving to ballet, karate to ballet, and karate to diving and got the warning every time. :?
3 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

User avatar
lollipop369
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 87
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 15:48
Location: 1 West Oceanside, Teen Idol Manse HFN
x 13

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by lollipop369 » 25 Apr 2018, 02:54

tangerine wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 16:30
Sorry to hijack this thread, but where did those pine bookcases come from? I don't have them and I don't remember seeing them as a prize or anything recently.
They’re part of that Dream Daycare Update
0 x
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Wyle=GoT Brilliant Backyards (NO ORBS!)
GC2: Ariadne Mariah=HP pre-Life Dreams
GC3: Joshua M. Carter=HP (NO ORBS/PREGNANCY!)

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6200
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1104
Contact:

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 25 Apr 2018, 03:03

lollipop369 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 02:54
tangerine wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 16:30
Sorry to hijack this thread, but where did those pine bookcases come from? I don't have them and I don't remember seeing them as a prize or anything recently.
They’re part of that Dream Daycare Update
No, icequeen was correct when they said the bookshelves were from an online pack. They are from the Modern Living Room Pack from the previous update.
2 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

User avatar
lollipop369
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 87
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 15:48
Location: 1 West Oceanside, Teen Idol Manse HFN
x 13

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by lollipop369 » 25 Apr 2018, 03:17

Thanks for the quick reply!
2 x
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Wyle=GoT Brilliant Backyards (NO ORBS!)
GC2: Ariadne Mariah=HP pre-Life Dreams
GC3: Joshua M. Carter=HP (NO ORBS/PREGNANCY!)

penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 409
Joined: 14 Dec 2013, 10:22
Location: Liverpool UK
x 24

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by penlopej » 25 Apr 2018, 05:18

BlueIndian wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 05:37
I'm hoping this is not a permanent change and that it's just a bug but the new pine bookshelves have haunted sign now..I love these bookshelves and absolutely hate the blinking of haunted items :x
20180424_110452.jpg
Darn it, I wondered why one of my cooking houses was flashing. I hate it too and never put haunted items in my houses, even though some of the oil paintings are quite decorative.
4 x

User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1369
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55
x 122

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by telemwill » 25 Apr 2018, 10:44

mockingbird288z wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 02:41
telemwill wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 02:11
Apparently, ballet and karate are no longer hobbies. They are not on the hobbies tab, and no warning appears when a preteen with a different hobby does karate. (I did not check for ballet.) This means it will take longer to reset preteen hobbies.

Ruth
They've never been in the hobbies tab because they aren't "real" hobbies - they don't have items to collect. They're different because they were the first hobbies in the game (they get rewards as your sims level up not as they complete a collection).

My preteens got the warning when they switched hobbies. I tried ballet to karate, ballet to diving, diving to karate, diving to ballet, karate to ballet, and karate to diving and got the warning every time. :?
I will try again. I didn't get the warning when switching from diving to karate. I was using the mat at the house. Might have been a glitch. I was hoping these would become real hobbies.

Thanks,
Ruth
1 x
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
x 146
Contact:

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by contrarysims » 27 Apr 2018, 12:24

Some things I've noticed in the past couple of days:

When eating leftovers from the fridge, sims will actually pull food items like apples and cupcakes from the fridge and eat them in a more realistic fashion, rather than just scooping at the air. Is this something that's been the case for a while and I just haven't noticed before now?

It could just be my imagination, but it seems as though idle sims racing off to choose a seat will favour seats that are close to other sims. Several times I have had sims in a large house decide to sit next to each other at a dining table or on a bench, where in the past I feel like they would have sat themselves at complete opposite ends of the property. If this is something they have actually implemented, I'm all for it. Very nice for "family togetherness" :D
7 x
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

Post Reply