Kids Party Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Kids Party Update - Marketplace Events

Post by mockingbird288z »

A topic for all marketplace events that happen during the Kids Party Update.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Kids Party Marketplace Events

Post by copperwood »

I got the bun and dapper hair in my second game. Aren't those a prize in the upcoming time capsule repeat event? I don't want to waste professional resources if I don't have to.
mockingbird288z

copperwood wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 23:39 I got the bun and dapper hair in my second game. Aren't those a prize in the upcoming time capsule repeat event? I don't want to waste professional resources if I don't have to.
Yes, those are one of the prizes for the time capsule event (The Styles of Time).
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

mockingbird288z wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 02:36
copperwood wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 23:39 I got the bun and dapper hair in my second game. Aren't those a prize in the upcoming time capsule repeat event? I don't want to waste professional resources if I don't have to.
Yes, those are one of the prizes for the time capsule event (The Styles of Time).
Thanks
simsally
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simsally »

I got the ice themed sofas. Unlocked and received one of each free (wasn't sure if this would be the case because the ice themed furniture which was the bedroom pack in the last update only unlocked and did not give one of each item for free)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’m having real issues with the videos on this event. When I click to play the video I get a message that says ‘this content is no longer available’ I’ve tried force closing the game to no avail. Then when I get fed up and just cancel that box so it will reset.....it resets with a time of 2 hrs instead of 30 minutes.

It’s not a big deal as I’ve not been offered anything in ages that I don’t already have so I just go as far as collecting the monument resources.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

I got the magic broom and I swore it was free when it appeared in "New Items." Now it's showing up as 888,8888. Did I just get access to it or did I miss a window? Or, I'm just going crazy. :lol:
mockingbird288z

pinkribbon wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 12:56 I got the magic broom and I swore it was free when it appeared in "New Items." Now it's showing up as 888,8888. Did I just get access to it or did I miss a window? Or, I'm just going crazy. :lol:
§888,888 is the normal price for the mop. When something is a prize we typically just "win" access to the item and have to pay in-game currency still for it. Sometimes, however, we get 1 of the item for free. Maybe that's what happened here? Very, very rarely is a prize we when actually free.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 18:43
pinkribbon wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 12:56 I got the magic broom and I swore it was free when it appeared in "New Items." Now it's showing up as 888,8888. Did I just get access to it or did I miss a window? Or, I'm just going crazy. :lol:
§888,888 is the normal price for the mop. When something is a prize we typically just "win" access to the item and have to pay in-game currency still for it. Sometimes, however, we get 1 of the item for free. Maybe that's what happened here? Very, very rarely is a prize we when actually free.
That's what I thought but I could have sworn it was free. Either way, it's now 888,888 and I missed it. Oh well.
mockingbird288z

pinkribbon wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 20:05
mockingbird288z wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 18:43
That's what I thought but I could have sworn it was free. Either way, it's now 888,888 and I missed it. Oh well.
Any free item given as a prize should stay there until you place it. It's not a time based offer.