Live Video Announcement

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Live Video Announcement

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Honestly I can't even begin to imagine what could they possibly announce.. Has anyone any idea?
Attachments
_20180606_191612.JPG
Dez9b6oVAAAvtum.jpg
ErinPW

Re: Kids Party Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 17:11 Honestly I can't even begin to imagine what could they possibly announce.. Has anyone any idea?
The last time they made an announcement by video, they introduced the LD&L update. I don't have any idea what it could be this time.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

ErinPW wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 17:35
Simsaddict456 wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 17:11 Honestly I can't even begin to imagine what could they possibly announce.. Has anyone any idea?
The last time they made an announcement by video, they introduced the LD&L update. I don't have any idea what it could be this time.
I didn't know that, interesting :) It has to be something game changing than, possibly controversial :lol:
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I wonder what change they could make that would be considered controversial? I know they are saying it's going to be good news they also thought adding death to the game was good news. So the player's aren't going to always see things the same way as the developers.

I was thinking maybe they are going to add a new age group. It's been such a long time since they've added a new age group that doing so might warrant an announcement video.

I'm having a hard time drumming up any excitement or anticipation for it, though.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I thought up some stuff. I am not any good at predicting stuff but I like to speculate :) I hope they are updating sims models and create a sim, I want to have recolors on one spot and not take up so much space and I want separate collections in build mode. Or maybe they will update social interactions, make them shorter and more of them. Maybe they are finally adding first person view for the general public, since it already exists.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Freeplay stays, fine. But will it still be updated every 6 weeks? Maybe they are going to announce the development of a new game with a new code base. The basic code for SFP is more than six years old now. The current game is bursting with content. Which is a good thing for us but it could be difficult to squeeze any more new content in. Disappearing items and animations could be considered random bugs or a sign of a bursting game that has reached its limits.

A new game would certainly be considered a good thing by many. "Cool, better graphics, pregnant sims, so many new ideas..." But it would also mean no updates or less for the current game because their team would be busy. And in a new game everyone would have to start from the beginning with just a hand full of furniture and clothing. All the effort, all previous purchases we made for the old game would be rendered useless. They could try to make a lot of money trying to sell us things we already had in the old game. So I wouldn't really consider this a good change. Probably others neither. And I don't really want to add a third game to my list of games to play daily.

I don't really understand all the positive comments on Facebook expecting a fantastic new update for the current game. A livestream gives them an opportunity to give us a reasoning for changes that not everybody will like. Otherwise they could just make a nice little trailer and everyone would be happy. I am suspicious.

Just a thought: would it be possible to update the old code base and let us go on playing our current game in the future with major improvements? If that would be the case I wouldn't mind an anouncement of the next update taking a little longer than usual.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I’m worried too. I certainly wouldn’t want to start from scratch or lose any of the content that I have worked hard to get, and paid a small fortune for.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The last time there was a big announcement like this, unless something occurred during the time I was away from the game, they introduced the new personalities and death. It might have been a fun update if they had made death optional, but it took a long time and many players quitting before they before they added the optional part. As a result, the new personality system never took off, and what we have now feels incomplete.

So I am a bit nervous as well, but hoping for the best.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Kids Party Community Challenges

Post by garishplum »

I'm just glad they confirmed that SFP isn't going bye bye.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Kids Party Community Challenges

Post by Thuraya »

garishplum wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:55 I'm just glad they confirmed that SFP isn't going bye bye.
In my opinion they never really confirmed that. They just said "Freeplay stays!". But they could stop updating the current game and start building Sims Freeplay 2. In fact, their image of a measuring Sim in an empty room on Facebook could mean just that: "Happy news, we are going to build a whole new game from scratch for you."

I wish I could be less pessimistic.