Live Video Announcement

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5939
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 766
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 Jun 2018, 01:22

mockingbird288z wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 02:36
For those who don't do Facebook here's the pic:



35423278_1760011494034143_6369888833038712832_n.jpg



If not for the whole live video thing all the hints would look like just any other update. But with the live video whatever they are adding feels like it is going to be big. What if it's pregnancy? I know they've said in the past that it's not something the game can do but in an interview with Make2 last year the lead producer, Amanda Schofield, said that when they began the game they never imagined they would be able to do horses and yet they did. And before they added long hair they also said that would be very hard to do - but they just keep getting better and better and producing more versatile, realistic hairstyles. Maybe they did figure out a way to do pregnancy.

Just a thought because of the nursery. I have to say, now I'm very curious about what the live video will announce. :lol:
It's pregnancy!!!
4 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
x 144
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by contrarysims » 18 Jun 2018, 01:42

Very impressed that they've pulled off pregnancy. What I'm wondering now is:

Will it still be as simple for same-sex couples to have children as before?

Do pregnant sims have their own set of maternity clothes? Does the belly "grow" over time, or does it just suddenly pop out into a big bump?

I'll be interested to find out.
1 x
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

marktheperson
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 30
Joined: 13 Feb 2017, 01:12
x 26

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by marktheperson » 18 Jun 2018, 01:51

contrarysims wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42
Do pregnant sims have their own set of maternity clothes? Does the belly "grow" over time, or does it just suddenly pop out into a big bump?
Yes and yes! The pregnancy update is bringing a new maternity store where you can buy clothes and furniture. What I'm a little concerned with is whether those items can be purchased in the regular store as well, since they mentioned a new Maternity Token currency.

As to the bump: In the live video they showed different stages of pregnancy; so the baby bump will grow as the pregnant sim progresses through each stage.
3 x

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
x 144
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by contrarysims » 18 Jun 2018, 01:57

Screenshot 2018-06-18 11.54.52.png
Super blurry screenshot, but it looks like the previous way of adding a baby (tap and wait 24 hours with no fanfare) is still an option, so I imagine we can still have same-sex parents.
1 x
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5939
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 766
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 Jun 2018, 01:59

contrarysims wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42
Very impressed that they've pulled off pregnancy. What I'm wondering now is:

Will it still be as simple for same-sex couples to have children as before?

Do pregnant sims have their own set of maternity clothes? Does the belly "grow" over time, or does it just suddenly pop out into a big bump?

I'll be interested to find out.
Do you have Facebook? i'm not sure if you can watch even a public video without Facebook. But at the 25:48 mark they start explaining in detail about the new pregnancy stuff. There will be a new store on the town map as Marktheperson says. There's a new currency for this store that you earn through doing daily tasks with your pregnant sim in an event type thing.

There will be three options for adding a baby. The third option is the one we are used to:
Untitled.jpg
3 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 296
Joined: 11 May 2017, 01:25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
x 144
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by contrarysims » 18 Jun 2018, 02:01

mockingbird288z wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:59
contrarysims wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42
Very impressed that they've pulled off pregnancy. What I'm wondering now is:

Will it still be as simple for same-sex couples to have children as before?

Do pregnant sims have their own set of maternity clothes? Does the belly "grow" over time, or does it just suddenly pop out into a big bump?

I'll be interested to find out.
Do you have Facebook? i'm not sure if you can watch even a public video without Facebook. But at the 25:48 mark they start explaining in detail about the new pregnancy stuff. There will be a new store on the town map as Marktheperson says. There's a new currency for this store that you earn through doing daily tasks with your pregnant sim in an event type thing.

There will be three options for adding a baby. The third option is the one we are used to:

Untitled.jpg

I was watching the livestream but got so excited that I managed to miss a bunch of important info! I was having trouble replaying the stream to see what I missed, but finally managed it.
1 x
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5939
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 766
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 Jun 2018, 02:16

contrarysims wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 02:01
mockingbird288z wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:59
contrarysims wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 01:42
Very impressed that they've pulled off pregnancy. What I'm wondering now is:

Will it still be as simple for same-sex couples to have children as before?

Do pregnant sims have their own set of maternity clothes? Does the belly "grow" over time, or does it just suddenly pop out into a big bump?

I'll be interested to find out.
Do you have Facebook? i'm not sure if you can watch even a public video without Facebook. But at the 25:48 mark they start explaining in detail about the new pregnancy stuff. There will be a new store on the town map as Marktheperson says. There's a new currency for this store that you earn through doing daily tasks with your pregnant sim in an event type thing.

There will be three options for adding a baby. The third option is the one we are used to:

Untitled.jpg

I was watching the livestream but got so excited that I managed to miss a bunch of important info! I was having trouble replaying the stream to see what I missed, but finally managed it.
Ah! Glad you were able to get it to replay!
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5939
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 766
Contact:

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 Jun 2018, 03:23

And here are Make2's preview videos for the new update:







3 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1334
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55
x 76

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by telemwill » 18 Jun 2018, 04:33

Now to do some deep thinking on whether I want to delete Sims for this.

Ruth
1 x
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.

Desiree
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 443
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 08:19
x 13

Re: Live Video Announcement

Post by Desiree » 18 Jun 2018, 06:18

Dang it, I have no room for a baby - but I want that furniture!
0 x
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive


please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Kid’s Play
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time

Locked