Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Marketplace Events - Chat & Info

Post by randy_thrandy »

i stand with the ones that would kill for a little boredom, honestly. :lol: both in the game and in real life. everything's just getting way too stressful for me to handle and i would appreciate some time off these endless quests and events (especially the undoable, really grindy ones like the christmas one) to deal with my sims whichever way i want. i thought of doing a pregnancy event to try and get another superbaby but i never manage because all my sims are busy grindin' away for these events! :P

the unfathomably high prices the awards won in these evens /have/ are another story and, quite frankly, super-offputting. :/
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

randy_thrandy wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 22:57 i thought of doing a pregnancy event to try and get another superbaby but i never manage because all my sims are busy grindin' away for these events! :P

the unfathomably high prices the awards won in these evens /have/ are another story and, quite frankly, super-offputting. :/
I've been meaning to do another pregnancy event as well, but none of my Sims are have the freakin' time to do - if there not busy grinding away for Simoleons, LPs and even SPs, then they're stuck on these events that are happening one after the other with literally no pause time in between. It's getting ridiculous.

And don't get me started on those prices.......

I'm in the middle of looking for part time to full time work right now and it's going to be a little difficult when I'm going to have to give up a lot of my time to focus on work rather than this game. I love this game a lot and have so much planned for it, but I do have a small fear that I am going to miss out on a few exciting additions in the future when I'm too busy to spend literally twenty four hours, seven days a week on this game ('cause let's face it, that is quite literally what those guys behind the game seem to want us to do right now)...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 23:49

I'm in the middle of looking for part time to full time work right now and it's going to be a little difficult when I'm going to have to give up a lot of my time to focus on work rather than this game. I love this game a lot and have so much planned for it, but I do have a small fear that I am going to miss out on a few exciting additions in the future when I'm too busy to spend literally twenty four hours, seven days a week on this game ('cause let's face it, that is quite literally what those guys behind the game seem to want us to do right now)...
i feel you 100%, i too don't understand how the firemonkey expect us to have so much time to check into the game every 3 seconds to deal with all these events and whatnots ... i'm in my last year of studies and it's already unbearable, let alone i actually had to work 6 days a week. :D

the worst thing however i still feel are the insanely steep prices lately because even if you do with some superhuman effort manage to unlock / win things, you can't afford them at all, ever. like... how is this supposed to make people wanna keep playing the game??
i mean do you remember back then when all the new items won in community events etc had prices in SIMOLEANS ?? and they would go up to 20 000 simoleans per most expensive item, far as i can remember, non of this 300 000 simolean pug poster crap.

i actually thought it might be connected to the town value since mine is sky-high (unfortunately) and so i naturally thought maybe the prices are connected to it and other players with smaller town value have lesser prices. /WRONG/!.
i just don't know what to think anymore honestly.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

randy_thrandy wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 10:25
3luv4eva3 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 23:49

i feel you 100%, i too don't understand how the firemonkey expect us to have so much time to check into the game every 3 seconds to deal with all these events and whatnots ... i'm in my last year of studies and it's already unbearable, let alone i actually had to work 6 days a week. :D

the worst thing however i still feel are the insanely steep prices lately because even if you do with some superhuman effort manage to unlock / win things, you can't afford them at all, ever. like... how is this supposed to make people wanna keep playing the game??
i mean do you remember back then when all the new items won in community events etc had prices in SIMOLEANS ?? and they would go up to 20 000 simoleans per most expensive item, far as i can remember, non of this 300 000 simolean pug poster crap.

i actually thought it might be connected to the town value since mine is sky-high (unfortunately) and so i naturally thought maybe the prices are connected to it and other players with smaller town value have lesser prices. /WRONG/!.
i just don't know what to think anymore honestly.
The thing is that it's not just SFP as Sims Nobile (because everyone is calling it that since their last update....) has also changed a lot of things price wise which has made a lot of people angry (I played the game for a like a week in when it first came out and then gave up because I felt it was too demanding on me. I was paying more attention to that game than SFP and I play Freeplay a lot). So really, you've gotta wonder if there is a specific reason which connects these two games and their changes together, and explains why these changes have been made.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

My sims were lucky with couriers and tokens while this event and they're done already. Wish, the Firemonkeys would give the first one for free so newer players could place at least one fountain without much more grind.
Attachments
Metal Ring Fountain
Metal Ring Fountain
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 20:49 The thing is that it's not just SFP as Sims Nobile (because everyone is calling it that since their last update....) has also changed a lot of things price wise which has made a lot of people angry (I played the game for a like a week in when it first came out and then gave up because I felt it was too demanding on me. I was paying more attention to that game than SFP and I play Freeplay a lot). So really, you've gotta wonder if there is a specific reason which connects these two games and their changes together, and explains why these changes have been made.
really? i've never played sims mobile so i don't know, really... i've never played anything besides sims freeplay and occasionally that silly lil ice age game for kids (what, i love those animated movies so much ^^') and i've always felt sims freeplay was quite demading, in terms of timed events and quests and stuff. i do however think it's getting kinda worse in that aspect.
i can't think of a reason why would they hitch the prices up so high into the sky except of the obvious reason that they want us to spend real money on the game but even that way .... the prices are still really high compared to what you get for 10 dollars in the resource part of the store. :/
ErinPW wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 13:19 My sims were lucky with couriers and tokens while this event and they're done already. Wish, the Firemonkeys would give the first one for free so newer players could place at least one fountain without much more grind.
congratulations on the fountain (it looks nice but definitelly not worth the, what's that 400 000 simoleans???) and i wholeheartedly agree on the first-item-free policy. how did they get so stingy??
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

ErinPW wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 13:19 My sims were lucky with couriers and tokens while this event and they're done already. Wish, the Firemonkeys would give the first one for free so newer players could place at least one fountain without much more grind.
I was playing at the same time as a friend. We had 4 games going. We noticed that the courier turned up at the same time for all 4 of the games. We started letting each other know and this happened 3 different times. Once I was using more than one workplace in a game and a courier showed up at each workplace. Perhaps the pattern of couriers appearing is not tied to individual games but happens for everyone at once?
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I was going to miss completing the courier tasks by a minute or so, so I set an alarm to make sure I sped up the last few minutes, but when I came back to the police station, even though my sim was Preparing Shipment, the courier was gone and my Sim was idle. Has anyone else had this happen? It ticks me off because I'd left a token box waiting for shipment because I knew I'd have a token in an hour. I could've cancelled the box and gotten something else.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

mockingbird288z wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 22:15
garishplum wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 10:47 I got a concrete urn fountain as a prize. I am not sure if this is new. I rarely pay attention to the events because it is usually reruns.
It's new. :D

Hi! Is there a picture of this item available? I stopped playing the game for the better part of last year, so I’m a little behind the times. Funny how I am completely sucked in again after thinking I was done with the game 😂

Edited to add: Nevermind, I see that there are pictures. ♥️ Thanks SFP community 😊
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Is there info anywhere on when the marketplace events happen? - Is it random and/or does it depend on how many you've already done?
Is there also a list of possible prizes available from them?